You added Extended Stay America - Oklahoma City - NW Expressway to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Oklahoma City - NW Expressway
Ranked #114 of 144 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Midland, Texas
“A real dump”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2014

Overall, dirty, smelly, noisy A/C unit. First room the toilet overflowed, the second room the faucets did not work. The linens smelled like dirty people. The towels were rough and in poor shape.
The front desk help was good, they tried to help out but this place is a dump.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oklahoma City - NW Expressway, responded to this review, October 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed to read of the cleanliness and maintenance issues your experienced during your stay with us. Please accept my apology. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have met with my staff to review our cleanliness and inspection standards to ensure that this does not happen again. As well, please know that we will be undergoing renovations to remedy some of the issues you spoke of. Again, I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at oce@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Was placed in this hotel by my company and only stayed 2 nights before checking into another hotel. Both rooms they provided me were dirty (hair on the bathroom floor, hair on bed linens, and visible dirty on the shower walls and curtain). I went and brought cleaning supplies myself to atl east clean the shower after I got a room with no hair on the bed linens. There were a large amount of suspect people (liquor on the front desk counter, prostitution, random people outside the hotel).

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oklahoma City - NW Expressway, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thank you for providing the details of your stay. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience with us. Please accept our apologies that our rooms were not thoroughly cleaned and that you did not feel comfortable at our hotel. We will work with our housekeeping staff to ensure all of our rooms are being cleaned to our standards. We take our guests' safety very seriously. We will make sure that our staff is maintaining a safe and inviting environment for all of our guests.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Since you're reading this review, I will assume that you care about the quality of service and cleanliness of your hotel. If that is the case, stay far away from this property. I travel quite extensively for work, and have worked in multiple facets the hospitality industry for 5+ years. With that being said this is by far the worst experience that I have ever had. Due to a change of plans I was forced book a hotel last minute and went with (almost) the cheapest place within walking distance of where I was visiting. The level of service is beyond sub-par, if you are able to actually find someone to speak with they'll be just outside of the backdoor smoking a cig. The inital apperace of the property if okay, kind of like putting lipstick on a pig. The hallways are full of a dingy smoking smell. If you walk barefoot in the room ( which I made the mistake of doing once) your feet will turn brown. There were hairs on the bedsheet under the comforter as well as a few curious stains. The curtians had holes in them which did not really matter as they could not completely close anyway. The bathroom was putrid, there was, what I assumed is mold growing around the leaky sink. The handle in the shower was attached using white ducttape and the paint just abover the shower wass was falling off. I would also be willing to bet that the stairwell had not been cleaned since the hotel opened. From one human being to another stay somewhere else, please! Also, I notified the property and corporate office my these issues. While there response was prompt it was not satisfactory. The GM Steven K used typical generic responses to explain the issues and offered a certificate for 1 free night stay which he would be mailing to me. That was over a month ago, and has still not arrived. Not that I want it anyway.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oklahoma City - NW Expressway, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Tyler - We received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We are disappointed that you did not have a pleasant stay with us and that your room was not satisfactory. In response to your feedback, we are implementing new housekeeping procedures and standards to ensure each one of our guests expectations are met with every visit. We will also be working with our maintenance engineer to address the issues in your room.

Thank you again for your feedback. We would be happy to speak with you further, please contact us directly at oce2@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future so we can show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience.
Lawton, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

The entrance was very dirty , I should have known then, Front desk clerk was very nice. I was checked into two dirty rooms 234 and 319 and after all that was checked back into 234 which was STILL dirty from earlier. Room 319 didn't even have a number on it was looking for it for 10 minutes, halls and rooms smell just like smoke , EVERYTHING SHOULD AND COULD HAVE BEEN CLEANER!!!!! Manager was nice and did refund my money, BUT I won't stay there again or recommend this place to anybody.

Room Tip: Don't waste your time if you want clean smelling clean hotel to stay in not worth it.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oklahoma City - NW Expressway, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the cleanliness issues you experienced. I discussed your comments with the team, and we we are reviewing our cleanliness standards to ensure no future guest has to experience what you did. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at oce2@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Toilet stuck several times, dildo found under the bed, medical bracelet found under the bed. Opened tampoon under the bed, window doesn't open, bad smell.
They stated they got a new manager and staff and wanted to fix all issues.
The guy who seemed to care about costumer satisfaction was working there for 8 days only.

• Stayed May 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oklahoma City - NW Expressway, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The cleanliness issues you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As one of the new managers, I can assure you that these types of incidents will not continue to occur as the staff is working to enhance our offerings moving forward.

We are continually working to improve our hotel and staff, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at oce2@extendedstay.com or the number provided below. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I booked a room on Priceline and had NO IDEA that the check in time at this place wasn't til 3 pm. We desperately needed an earlier time to check in to get cleaned up for a hospital visit in town. The front desk rep (R.) couldn't have cared less. I explained the situation & NO ATTEMPT was made to be accommodating or helpful. Really? I even went in & told her (R.) how upset my husband was & asked to be called if anything opened up before 3. Again, I was met with a "not my problem" attitude. So much for Customer Service. We found a Howard Johnson's that was much more friendly & helpful & will NEVER make the mistake of even looking twice at this place again.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't need to get into this place before 3 pm.!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oklahoma City - NW Expressway, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. Customer service is a top priority of ours, so I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet this goal. I will be meeting with our staff to review our customer service expectations to ensure your experience is not repeated in the future.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

This location recently got a new general Manager and is improving rapidly. Common areas are cleaner and things (dryers and side door electric openers) are working. Procedures are more customer friendly. They used to lock you out of your room to get you to come to the counter to pay your bill for the next week. Now they call a few days early. That is a much better for the customer.

The staff is very friendly, helpful and HARD working. Certain of them regularly have to work double and sometimes triple shifts. They are still courteous and helpful. If it hadn't been for them and a great room location I would have left after one week. Now I'll probably stay three months.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oklahoma City - NW Expressway, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Bob - Thank you for your positive review of our property. It is so rewarding to read that you are having a great stay and are excited to hear you will be extending your reservation with us. We have truly enjoyed having you as our guest so far, and look forward to continuing to have you stay with us!

Been to Extended Stay America - Oklahoma City - NW Expressway? Share your experiences!