“Hospitality verses service” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #95 of 148 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Kingston, Tennessee
“Hospitality verses service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

After a long day of travel I arrived at the Oklahoma City airport early evening. When I called for the advertised shuttle I was told it would be 25-30 minutes wait. On arrival at the hotel, there was no clerk visible. A young man soon appeared. I gave him my name and handed him a credit card. He gave me keys and said "Turn right at the ATM machine." There was never a greeting or any other verbal exchange. I walked to the opposite side of the hotel. My key did not work. I returned to the desk with suitcase and brief case. No clerk visible. He arrived shortly and looked expectantly at me. "My key doesn't work." He asked for my room number and without further ado he handed me new keys. I really thought there should be something else said. Upon arrival at my room ( the new keys worked) The primary light in the room on the dest did not work. There was no relationship between the printed TV channels and the actual TV stations. There was no klenex in the box in the bathroom. None of these things are major. I asked for a taxi the next morning and was given 2 cards for private car service that I could call. There was no greeting or interaction at any time while staying there. The room was clean. There was nothing overtly wrong. But I expected some hospitality rather than just functional service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for leaving us feedback. We are sorry to hear that you did not receive a higher level of service during your stay. We work very hard to ensure our talent members provide excellent quality customer service. We will address the issues you mentioned immediately. Thanks again for the review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
San Rafael, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Okay, so it is not where I would want to stay if I had a choice. But since the Rental car companies close down at midnight and I had to be in Lawton which is 90 miles away. So we spent the night at the Four Points. I would only stay here again if the situation arose, although I can tell you next time I am planning my air travel to land a heck of a lot earlier so I don't have to.

To get to the second floor you have to walk down a long hallway to the very end and climb a flight of stairs that is scary at best, then walk halfway down another hallway to get you to the room. Once in the room it was clean and comfortable. Next time I will request a first floor accommodation, my knees cannot take those stairs and especially in the middle of the night after sitting on an airplane for hours.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor if you have trouble climbing stairs with your luggage. No one is there to help...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
We appreciate the time you took to write a review. Our property currently does not have an elevator but for future stays any one of our friendly associates would be happy to take your luggage up to your room for you. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and we would like another opportunity to provide you with the exceptional service we pride ourselves on here at Four Points Oklahoma City Airport. Hope to see you again, take care!
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Well back again to the four points in Oklahoma City. The hotel has not changed much. The service is still very good the rooms are clean and no signs of mold in the bathroom. the hotel is only .3 miles from the airport so it is very quick to get to after a long flight. the meals in the hotel restaurant very good and not pricey at all. Over all I would recommend this hotel to anyone who travels here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the restaurant and our proximity to the airport was convenient for you. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks!
SF Bay area
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Ok, if you are bumped from a flight and just have to be very near the airport, i can see why you'd stay here. But clearly, this was not built as a Sheraton - paper thin walls, insanely long hallways, no elevator to the second floor. It's as if they took a self-storage building and turned it into a hotel. I got one of the last rooms available, as as i enter the cigarette smoke stench was too much. I manage to get open the cheap aluminum windows, but that doesn't solve the problem.

Long haul back to the front desk, and they apologize - oh yea - we had a smoker in there a week ago - so they give me another room. Hmm - so the room has reeked for a week and they didn't have the sense to open the window to air it out - or to check if the stench was gone?

Once in the new room, i was pleased with the bathroom, overall cleanliness, and bed sheets. All those were fine. But their attention to maintenance and upkeep - absolutely pitiful. Thats where the subject of this review comes in. I suspect that if anyone from Sheraton management came by, they wojld remove their name from this hotel immediately. Where to begin? How about the ripped carpets? How about electrical outlets that are mangled? How about walking into the room with the cheap microwave blinking that its in the middle of something (housekeeper doesn't check those things?). How about door hinges that make a shrieking awful sound when opening and closing the door.

And the lovely broken smoke detector hanging from the wall, well, that about says it all.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We regret to hear the dissatisfaction you had with your recent stay. We are a 100% non-smoking property and smoking is never allowed in any of our guest rooms. We have addressed your comments with our maintenance team and they are looking into both rooms you experienced to resolve the issues. While we do not have an elevator, any of our associates would be happy to show you to your room and assist you with your luggage during a future stay. We hope you give us another try in the future so that we may provide you with the exceptional experience we pride ourselves on.
Centennial CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I had an early flight out of OKC and decided to try this hotel since it is at the airport. It is an older property and there isn't an elevator. Bottom line it was super convenient to the airport, clean and I would use it again for a one night stay

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
We appreciate your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and friendly staff. While we do not have an elevator, any of our associates would be happy to assist you with anything up to your room during your stays in the future. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Enid, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Older facility, but don't let that fool you. It was clean & comfortable. Staff was very helpful. Check in and out were a breeze. Even though located at airport, it was quiet. I will stay there again when I fly out of OKC.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Hinesburg, Vt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

The room was clean, the location was great but the fragrance in the building and room was awful. Hotels should be using nontoxic cleansers and NO air fragrances. Too many of us are allergic to this stuff.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for the feedback and we apologize for the experience you had. We have addressed this with our housekeeping staff and are reviewing the cleansers that are used on the property. We do hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oklahoma City
Hyatt Place OKC Airport
Hyatt Place OKC Airport
#14 of 148 in Oklahoma City
4.5 of 5 stars 227 reviews
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Oklahoma City Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Oklah...
#10 of 148 in Oklahoma City
4.5 of 5 stars 98 reviews
Candlewood Suites Midwest City
Wyndham Garden Oklahoma City
Wyndham Garden Oklahoma City
#49 of 148 in Oklahoma City
4.0 of 5 stars 811 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Saddleback Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Saddleback Inn...
#34 of 148 in Oklahoma City
4.0 of 5 stars 493 reviews
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#32 of 148 in Oklahoma City
4.0 of 5 stars 124 reviews

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Oklahoma City Airport? Share your experiences!