Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City Airport - Meridian Avenue
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   4400 Highline Boulevard, Interstate 40 & S Meridian Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK 73108   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #42 of 148 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights when visiting Oklahoma City for business. It's about a 10 minute drive from the airport and close to plenty of restaurants. The front desk staff were nice and helpful, breakfast is good (and free!), and they have complimentary lemonade in the lobby for guests every afternoon. The hotel and my room were clean. I'd stay again if visiting OKC. The only negative is the fitness room. It's only 2 treadmills and a stationary bike. The front desk can give you $3/per visit passes to a local gym with more equipment. I would have liked it if the fitness room just had a few dumbbells and a mat.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
HolidayInnExpressOK, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City Airport - Meridian Avenue, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out your busy schedule to comment on your visit to our location. We appreciate your feedback and kind words. It was a pleasure serving you, it always brings a smile to our face when a job well done is recognize. We are planning a renovation and we are definitely going to do some additions to our fitness room. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Hudson, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

The hotel is very easy to get to from the airport but alas no Shuttle. The staff are a mixed bag we had a gentleman check us in who was terrible we asked for a room with a bath if possible and were told they do not have any. Another member of staff overheard and pointed out they did in fact have a room with a bath and after much discussion we were allocated it . The room was clean but furnishings felt old and shabby. On a plus the free breakfast was great hot and plenty of it !

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnExpressOK, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City Airport - Meridian Avenue, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for your recent review and comments. I am terribly sorry for falling short of your expectations. I am sending you a private e-mail regarding your stay ta our hotel.
Yucca Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I'm staying here for a total of five nights on business right now. The room is clean and modern for the price. Glad there's a big desk in the room as I have evening work to do while here. The wifi is adequate but not fast even if free. The free breakfast is great with lots of choices. Would stay here again in a second

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
HolidayInnExpressOK, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City Airport - Meridian Avenue, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear osanida,
Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay our establishment. We appreciate your kind words and feedback. We look forward to serving your again the future.
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I have been staying here for the past several years. It is like my second home now. The staff always make me feel like family. The owner will come out and great me in the lobby if he is at the hotel. This is an older hotel but is maintained well. My room is always clean. I have never had any problems. It is close to the airport and plenty of places to grab a bite to eat on the same street.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Trinity Fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Not sure who put these great reviews of this hotel on here but the are NOT accurate. I often stay at HI Expresses but this one was not like any other. I called earlier to confirm they had a airport shuttle. They said yes we do. Fact is they don't have a shuttle but tell you they do. When I arrived after a 1300 mile drive I was greeted by a lady on the 2nd shift that was nothing short of totally rude. Her name tag said Shania or some sort of name that began with S. it wasn't the girl with the tattoo on her neck. I asked to set up the shuttle , she said its $12. When I mentioned I called and asked about a shuttle & nothing was ever mentioned about a fee , she replied well there is , and who did you talk to? I told her I have never stayed at a hotel that had a airport shuttle that charged to take you 3 miles to the airport. She said well we do. I mentioned i booked with this hotel because of my airport needs & i was disappointed that i was mislead. It gets even better. It's back behind some boot store & next to motel 6. Walking to get food I was approached by a man asking if I wanted to buy drugs. I just turned around & went back to my room since I was obviously in a bad area. Next when I was back to my I called the front desk to confirm my shuttle & time. They said ok your set. I called later for a wake up call & again confirmed my shuttle since I had an early flight , & again they said your all set. I woke up early the next day because I had a feeling from the way I was greeted that something would be wrong. Went down to the lobby a half hr early from my due pick up time. I asked the new lady Kelly if my shuttle would be here at 6:30. She replied , none has been set up for you. She called a shuttle service a thankfully she got me a shuttle. She was very nice & helpful. I have a feeling she fixes a lot of mess ups from 2nd shift. As for the hotel itself carpets are dirty , paint pealing in my room , dirty diapers on the hallway floor on the first floor by the office. Kelly the morning person was the only kind person at this place. The rest just seem like your a burden to them. Also being a priority member I was offered nothing. When I mentioned " do I get a snack & water "? She said " you just get one water"! Totally rude lady. I will never stay at this hotel again. & do your self a favor. Stay at any other airport hotel , there are tons of them with free shuttles. Paying top dollar for a room , then having them lie about their services isn't right. This hotel with paying a shuttle cost almost $150. For a holiday inn express in a bad neighborhood! Go get a hilton for that. Never again. Pass this one up.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City Airport - Meridian Avenue, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear SeanB986,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and surpass the very high standards of service our guests expect.

I am sorry to hear your issues with our shuttle and the service your received from some of our staff. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and deeply regret that this has negatively affected your overall experience.

Your experience is definitely not reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves with. As such, your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future improvements where possible. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Sierra Vista, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

The Staff Members At This Location Were Extremely Helpful In Guiding Me For Finding Great Restaurants And Places To Go See In Downtown Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. This Holiday Inn Express Is Very Conveniently Located, My Room Was Very Spacious And Clean, And The TV Had A Very Good Selection Of Channels. Other Than The Room Rate Being A Bit Pricey, Everything Else Was Fine. I Did Not Have The Free Breakfast Since I Was Busy And Focused On Other Things. I Would Come Back Here Again If I Could Get A Better Price Rate.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Yorkshire UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed here last week (Sept) on business, it is a very good hotel but the chaos they call breakfast is a farce. Buffet is free from Monday to Friday and that's OK for free but on the weekend you have to pay..... Saturday morning i waited 25 mins for a clean table and then another 20 before i had leave for the airport without eating!!!! If you are going to provide a breakfast for a 70+ room hotel then 10 tables in reception is not adequate.
Get this sorted and it will be a great hotel.
Lots of eating places within walking distance also.........

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business