“Flawless” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 144 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Clearwater, Florida
“Flawless”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

It is great to see that a full service hotel still exists. The staff was friendly, helpful, and professional. The happy hour prices and the breakfast were great. The refreshments that were provided in the seminar were tasty and refreshing (love the cookies). I look forward to future seminars at this location. Thanks…!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
LaDonna W, Guest Service Coordinator at Wyndham Garden Oklahoma City, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for staying with us! We strive for excellence and it makes our day to hear we succeed. Again, thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Oklahoma City!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Though this is a service location we use for conferences next time I'll stay elsewhere. Worst is the room lighting very poor making even simple tasks difficult. Though convenient the restaurant is not worth the experience. Other eateries near saved the day for meal. Suggested to our organization to hold conferences at alternate venues

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I hope you'll visit us again the next time you're in Oklahoma City, as we'd like another chance to not only meet, but exceed, your expectations. We value your business and hope to see you again.
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I have stayed here now three times and this will be the hotel of choice for me when staying in Oklahoma City. I am in OKC a few times a year for my job and have spent allot of time here in the last 6 years. I choose Wyndham Gardens because of several different reasons. The first being the customer service provided to me by Cindy. I have never met a hotel employee that is this sincere about ensuring I have great stay. She makes it clear to contact her directly if any problems arise. She is the reason I signed up for TripAdvisor because I felt she and the hotel have earned it. So here it is.

The hotel was rennovated a few years ago and looks good. The lobby is very nice with a decent bar / restaurant area. The food is better than expected and I had the hamburger a few times. WiFi in my room (273) was good and didn't slow down too much in the evening.

The room was very clean. Everything in the room is fairly new with all the tops of the furniture covered with granite. The beds were very comfortable and when asked what kind of bed, they are the Sealey Presidential Pillow Top. I am a very light sleeper and the sound of the air conditioner when just left on fan mode all night was perfect for the background noise.

The bathroom was clean and updated with a standard layout. Another great thing is the housekeeping staff. They are always very friendly and accomodating to little requests. Like any place you stay at, speak up if you have a problem or a request, give the hotel a chance to address it. An example of this is was the toilet would run every 5 minutes or so on a previous stay. The maintenance worker came right over, was very nice, and took care of the problem immediately. I give it 5 stars for the category of hotel it is. I have read hundreds of reviews over the years and I cannot stand when someone is trying to compare a standard hotel to a high end resort they stayed at on their honeymoon. Overall a great experience and I will continue to stay here in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for an exterior room. Half of the rooms are interior rooms that the windows overlook the intern...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
LaDonna W, Customer Service Coordinator at Wyndham Garden Oklahoma City, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you so much for your review and for staying with us! I know Cindy, myself, and the rest of our staff look forward to seeing you again. If there's ever anything you need, please let us know. Safe travels and we will see you again soon!
Walnut, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I typically don't post reviews but this was totally warranted. This place has a decent facade but behind the front of the building it looks like the projects. There were signs all over the place advising you to lock your car doors and hide your stuff. The stairs and landing that lead to my room were crumbling and there were cigarette butts all over the place. The glass doors were absolutely filthy and looked like they hadn't been cleaned in weeks. The hallways were hot, dark and smelled dank. I initially asked for a smoking room. when I got to the room, I was overcome by the smell of cigarette smoke. I literally starting looking for the lit cigarette. I've stayed in smoking rooms before but this was really bad. I went back to the front desk and asked for a non smoking room. The non smoking room was more akin to what I was used to for a smoking room at other hotels. This might explain all of the cigarette butts that were on the steps and landing. They probably couldn't take the smell of the smoke in the smoking rooms either. I will say that the room itself was decent - nice and the towels were thick, soft and clean. However, the walls are very very thin and you could hear everything going on around you (and I do mean everything...EVERYTHING!)

Staff not very friendly and the buffets are way too much for what they have to offer.

Beware, I have a hard time believing that some of the other reviews for this place are from genuine first hand experiences from travelers.

I've learned a very valuable lesson here, pictures can be very deceiving and I will never stay here again and I will only recommend this place. Luckily, I was here on business so my company paid for it.

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I apologize that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We certainly strive to make every guest's stay with us exceptional. Our management team will discuss your review and ways we can exceed all our guests' expectations in the future. We hope you'll consider staying with us again the next time you're in Oklahoma City.. Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or concerns. Again, thank you for your review and for being our guest.
Frisco, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We are OU season ticket holders, so we come to home games six times a year and usually visit OKC several more times throughout the year. We first starting staying at the Wyndham three years ago, and it has since become our go to hotel in OKC. The outside of the hotel needs a fresh coat of paint, since it looks kind of dated. However, the interior public areas of the hotel are nice, and the rooms are really great. They are not huge by any means, but are well appointed and very clean.

The exercise room is quite large for a hotel, and they have the same treadmills (ProForm, I believe) that we have at our local home gym. The indoor pool is a real bonus, especially in the winter months. Our 15, 13 and 8 year old love staying here because of the pool and gym.

We have had many friends make the move over to the Wyndham and they all seems to be surprised at how nice it is.

The location is key, as it is central to OKC, with both Norman and Edmond being 20 or so minutes away. The airport is about five minutes away and downtown about ten.

If the hotel wasnt so big might be hesitant to recommend it, since I want to make sure we can always get in, lol, but it is substantial, so I have no worries.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
LaDonna W, Guest Service Coordinator at Wyndham Garden Oklahoma City, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We love seeing our guests come back again and again! We hope to see you and your family more, especially now that football season is here. Please let us know if we can do anything to make your stays more enjoyable! Thanks again for your review!
Tahlequah, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was supposed to be a better than average hotel but doesn't compare to the quality I am used to seeing with the Wyndham properties. It appeared to be an older hotel and the chain tried revamping it. The pillows and bedding is nice as is the decor but it is small and doesn't match Dallas or Kansas city hotels. Seems like they tried to fit fit metropolitan style in cow city. The local decor of some hotels brings better feel of cowboy country. Although a nice modern and classy style is welcome in an upscale atmosphere. The desk person was professional enough and hotel was clean. The indoor pool looked just like the one from Chevy Chase scene in Vacation! Good overall average quality, no actual complaints, but not really in a hurry to go back again either.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the breakfast buffet package.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again the next time you're in Oklahoma City!
Phoenix
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I was flying in late to OKC and needed a hotel with a shuttle service. I really appreciated the ease of getting the shuttle; the driver arrived at the airport very quickly after I called and got me to the hotel in less than 15 minutes. My room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I was only staying for one night; got the room on Priceline and was very pleased for price and value.

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor and had a front door (to the hallway) and a back door (to the pool ar...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
LaDonna W, TA Manager at Wyndham Garden Oklahoma City, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel! I hope we will see you again the next time you're in Oklahoma City!

Been to Wyndham Garden Oklahoma City? Share your experiences!