“OK” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #73 of 137 hotels in Oklahoma City
cos
“OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2007

Only hotel in the area that had refrig, free breakfast and free wireless. Not the best hotel I ever stayed at, it was average. The maid service was awesome.

• Stayed December 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Paola, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2007

When we arrived the pool door had a sign that said it was temporarily closed, so we went up to our room for a couple of hours and listened to the kids whine and fuss about not being able to swim-- only to later see other guests in the pool and the desk clerk said it was fine to swim--but by then we were getting ready to leave for the evening. The fence separating the tiny pool area from the parking lot had been badly damaged and no attempt at repair was made during the 4 days we stayed. Several drainage grid pieces in the cement between the building and the pool were out of place and loosely scattered about. Some very sloppy cement repair had been done in one section of the building at the poolside and the adjacent section had large cracks where the building walls met the cement and needed repair. The three pool lounge chairs were worn with several large tears in the covering. There were other general maintenance issues: no baseboards in the hallway, the ice machine on our floor was broken, the hallway smelled musty and one of the ceiling tiles was covered with what appeared to be ugly black mold (our children had allergy problems during our stay). Several other ceiling tiles in the hall were loose, The door hinges needed oiling, the bathroom door stuck a little and the ceiling fan rattled periodically, waking us up at night. There were some kind of tiny gray bugs near the window and no matter how many I squished, more appeared. The room was generally clean, but when we first arrived I found a package of cigarettes and a lighter tucked between the mattress and mattress pad and one night we returned to find that the room stank terribly due to the fact that the bathroom trash (containing several dirty diapers) had not been emptied that morning, so at 11:00 at night when I wanted to go to sleep I found myself carrying out the garbage!

• Liked — Convenient location, lots of restaurants nearby, nice breakfast, fresh paint & carpet, generally clean.
  • Disliked — Lots of maintenance issues, a couple of relatively small housekeeping problems.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
altus oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2005

I liked the stay we were so surprised because most places I bring my cleaner to clean out the tub and for some reason I did not have to ask for more towels I think it was great. My family and I plan to return soon

• Stayed April 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2005

If this is a newlwy renovated I hotel, I would want my money back! Bed and pillows are hard as rocks, Bathroom table is falling off the wall.
Carpet does seem clean and wallpaper is nice, its the little things that travelers like that make this hotel a no go for me.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business
Cologne, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2004

Been there in September 2004 for almost the whole month. The ride from the airport which is on the same street was complimentary, hotel pays if you tell the shuttle driver. The room was about 45 USD a night and one of the best deals i could find. The hotel is family owned and as I stayed so long I got to know the whole staff. They offer a complimentary delicious breakfast with waffles, cereals, donuts and a lot more. Free newspapers, too. I had a big room with a sofa and a bed, TV had many stations, fridge, microwave, nice bath. When I had problems, they came to take care immediately if requested. Harry, the boss even gave me a ride to a bank when I needed it. I did not rent a car. There is a trolley (not reliable if you need to be somewhere on time) that stops on the opposite side of the street at the Holiday Inn and drives all the way via Stockyards City to Bricktown for only one dollar.
Two times the roommaits came to take the covers from the bed but did not bring fresh ones back at all so I was sleeping two nights without covers because i returned to the room late at night and the only employee could not leave the desk. The outdoor pool was a little dirty with some bugs swimming in it, but that may be normal in this part of the country, I don´t know. During the 4 weeks stay the I left for only 4 days and asked if I could leave my things in the room without being charged while I was away. They said it was no problem but charged me anyway. Promised to pay me back but I am still waiting on that money.
Overall, a very nice place to stay and I will definitely come back soon. Meridian is the so-called Motel-Row so if you are looking for different bargain hotels you will find them from 32 USD on the same street, also studios for extended stays. But I liked the comfort of the Ramada. Actually I have stayed in 5-star hotels that were worse.

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business

Been to Ramada Oklahoma City Airport North? Share your experiences!