“Excellent place to recharge batteries” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place OKC Airport

You added Hyatt Place OKC Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Place OKC Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1818 S. Meridian Ave., Oklahoma City, OK 73108 (Formerly AmeriSuites Oklahoma City Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #16 of 144 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Monterrey, Mexico
“Excellent place to recharge batteries”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel last Feb 2013 for a Gymnastics Meet at Cox Civic Center. We where a very large group. The staff was super friendly always kept in touch in our needs. the cleanliness of the hotel is super.

The breakfast is ok, no much selection of a hot breakfast, but its included with the rate, so i wont complain. they offer a very good quality coffee and they have on-the-go disposable cups with lids excellent for grabbing a coffee to go. Also they have room service and a bar where you can order via menu and all kind of beverages. (Tea, Starbucks coffee, beer, spirits, etc)

Rooms very spacious and clean. Lighting is great a warm feeling inside the rooms. The TV is huge and it has a media center that you can plug an iPod, PS3, Xbox or your laptop.

The bathroom are ok, theres very little space between the toilet and the door opening. But no biggie.

Theres a variety of places to eat near the hotel, most of the in walking distance.
They also offer a shuttle service that can take you around in a considerable distance.

I will go back and stay at this hotel any time and completely recommended to a friend.

Room Tip: The back part of the hotel will give you a clean view from the city skyline.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
DavidLamb, General Manager at Hyatt Place OKC Airport, responded to this review, February 22, 2013

We enjoyed hosting your group and are glad that you had a fun time in Oklahoma City! Thank you for the compliments regarding the staff and the hotel. We appreciate your group's business and look forward to accommodating you again on a return visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have to say I have a new place to stay in Oklahoma City!!! Service is amazing...rooms are big and room, housekeeping goes above and beyond and the breakfast in the mornings is good!!! They make you feel at home and helpful in giving directions!!! I will be back again and again as I visit Oklahoma City!!!

• Stayed February 2013
DavidLamb, General Manager at Hyatt Place OKC Airport, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for your enthusiastic review of our hotel! I'm proud of my staff and that they made your stay enjoyable. We look forward to your next visit!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I got this room from Priceline and of course didn't know which property I would get until after I booked. I am so impressed with this place! The rooms are so nice! Large,spacious with a somewhat separate "living room" with a large couch (which has a hide-a-bed and desk. A nice large flat screen that swivels for viewing. We ate breakfast. Here everyday (here for four days). The menu is pretty much the same every morning, but they have plenty of choices. My only complaint is the air conditioner in our room wasn't very forceful, it took awhile to cool down the room but after that it was fine. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The beds were also very nice. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room away from elevators and ice machines
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the compliments regarding our staff and hotel! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks too for the comment regarding the air conditioners. We are currently servicing all of our air conditioning units so that they operate at peak performance as we go into the spring and summer.
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

As you step into the lobby, the property is very nice for a midrange hotel. The front desk staff is efficient too. The rooms are nicely appointed with a desk/reading lamp, complimentary wireless, a 42" flat screen, sofa, refrigerator and an alcove for the bed slightly removed from the rest of the room. The room was large comfortable, clean, and nicely appointed and not far from the airport. When in OKC, this is my hotel of choice. Will and Aviana (if I spelled her name right) were the perfect hosts thoughout the evening, making all of us at the bar and having snacks feel right at home.

Room Tip: I was worried about being close to the elevator, but never heard a thing.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you! I will pass your compliments on to Will and Aviance regarding their excellent customer service!
Atlantic City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Very nice hotel. Good Breakfast! It is very convenient to everything. The staff was very accommadating to your every needs. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were quiet. It is in an area where there is a lot of restraurants so you have a big choice for dining.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I were planning a romantic getaway for our anniversary and we made a great choice to stay here. The room was beautiful and clean. I loved the separate sitting/dining area and the flat screen tv could be watched from both the bed and the couch. Everything was comfortable: the bed, towels, carpet, sofa. I hated that we only stayed one night. Service was great. Breakfast was DELICIOUS!! I forgot the older lady's name that helps oversee the food and its preparation but she was so friendly and helpful to everyone. I'd come back just for the breakfast! They also have a bar in the lobby where you can get sit down meals and drinks and Starbucks. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have been travfeling to OKC two years now, a week every month for work - this used to be my place to stay until recently. After 3 bad experiences in a row I won't be going back. That said - here's the pro's and con's:

Pros:

The rooms have a great layout with a 'living room' type of area with large L-shaped sofa, swivel large screen TV and a mini-fridge for your food. Nightly rates are fairly good. You can go downstairs to order food from the front desk 24/7 and wait for it and eat it there or in your room- the front area is also a makeshift bar area (counter with stools). The free breakfast is par with other places that offer similar.

Cons:

If you are a light sleep, or even a normal sleeper and on business - this is not the place to go. I'm not sure if management has changed in the last few months, but the place is constantly over-run by sports teams and obnoxious kids/families running up and down the halls yelling and slamming their doors (walls here are THIN). The doors here are LOUD and no matter how quietly you try to close your own door, it will still shut loudly. The last several times I stayed I made the reservation far in advance, asking for a quiet room as I have early morning meetings and make late night overseas calls for work - each time I wound up next to the elevator on a floor that was a cross between a college dorm and a day-care center. I called the desk several times and even went downstairs to the front desk asking to move and was told the hotel was at capacity (every single time) and that they "cannot do anything about noise until after 10pm" (that's pretty ridiculous in my book, given how bad it had gotten out in hallway, I had to go out to my car to make a work call).

IMO this place is turning into a Holidome - expect that type of environment and level of noise/chaos. Great for sports teams and families who let their kids run wild, very bad for business travelers.

Room Tip: You can try to ask for a room on a higher floor and away from the elevators- but good luck. I'm...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place OKC Airport? Share your experiences!