“Pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 144 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Buffalo
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

The hotel was very nice and clean. It is located near a mall and Walmart. There is a McDonalds next door and several restaurants nearby. The hotel did not serve breakfast but did have a small bistro to purchase food, coffee drinks and alcohol. We suggest that if you are in a hurry, do not plan to eat here. There was only one worker to do everthing. We waited over 45 minutes for a light meal at dinner time. And the 3 of us were the only ones there. My meal came and I ate it before either one of the other meals arrived.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Marilyn K, General Manager at Courtyard Oklahoma City Northwest, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for your kind words about our hotel. We apologize for the slow service at dinner. We are currently taking steps to overcome this issue in order to provide more expeditious service in the future. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again soon. Thank you for staying with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Blackwell, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

So the hotel itself isn't bad. The staff was friendly, the decor was fine, not my taste, but okay. They have an indoor pool and a nice little gated seating area outside, (but not a smoking area).The hotel isn't big but they do offer a tiny market up front and a bistro to eat at, we didn't try it but it looked nice and pretty. The room itself though, while clean and well stocked, looked like it was designed for people much shorter than ourselves. This may not be too much of an issue but it made the hotel room feel cramped and cheap. The ceilings were so low that once we came back from our night out from drinking a little (it was NYE) I felt like ducking more than once.The walls were also very thin. It was fine for us because of the occasion but had I visited here for business, I would have been driven nuts. The beds were not super comfortable but not terrible and the soaps given weren't the highest quality but were what you would expect for a room at this price point. All in all, the hotel was okay, nothing magnificent and not someplace I would take a family just because of the space restraints.Taxis were hard to get to this hotel as well, but to get from there to Bricktown it was only a twenty dollar bill, so not too bad.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balcony's, ours didn't. I am not sure if they are usable but if you are maki...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Marilyn K, General Manager at Courtyard Oklahoma City Northwest, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for your kind remarks about our hotel. Our staff works very hard to maintain cleanliness and they pride themselves on being friendly. You mentioned the ceiling height of your room. Although most rooms have the standard 9 ft. ceilings, we do have several rooms with 12 ft ceilings, and we do also have some rooms with balconies. Should you return to Oklahoma City and decide to stay with us again, be sure to request a room with a balcony or a 12 ft. ceiling. It might make the difference for your comfort and feel like a much larger room. We appreciate your comments. Thank you staying with us. We hope to see you again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

This is a decent property and overall the staff are courteous and friendly. I am a Marriott Gold member and after a long work day, I convened with a coworker in the Bistro area of the hotel - a spot that offers a basic appetizer menu and drinks in the lobby area of the hotel. The bar had not stocked sufficient quantities of a certain beer and so when they ran out, I went up to my room and refilled my glass with a can of beer that I had in reserve from the day before and returned to the Bistro area to continue my after hours business meeting. The Bistro attendant confronted me and challenged the fact that the beverage had not been purchased directly through the Bistro on that evening. When I said that the beer in question had been purchased the day before and that I was compensating for the fact that they had not stocked enough of that brand, she went out of her way to check with the desk staff that I had not, indeed, purchased the beer that night from the desk staff and that it must be a "contraband" beer. I was then lectured about bringing outside beverages into the lobby of the hotel. Seriously, the beer police? While I can understand that there may be some code implications involved with bringing a beer down from my room, this individual went out of her way to make her case and to make me feel like a trespasser on the Marriott property; not a warm and fuzzy feeling from a chain that prides itself in making guests feel welcome. I can understand why management might back her up in theory but I still came away feeling like I was more of an intruder rather than a guest here at the Courtyard, a very important factor when choosing where to stay when away from home. If you travel frequently, as I do, you can understand why misunderstandings like this should be skewed in the favor of the guest and not the establishment, this was certainly not the case. I will be travelling to OKC frequently in the next 18 months and so will many members of my team. We will be looking for an establishment that makes us feel welcome after a long day's work rather than an establishment that looks to prosecute us for a perceived rouge beverage. This should have been and could have been handled in a better way.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Marilyn K, General Manager at Courtyard Oklahoma City Northwest, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience, and please accept my sincerest apology. I agree with you, it is the "Marriott way" to ensure our guests are completely comfortable with our services. Your comments have been shared with the staff as an opportunity for us to strengthen our service skills. Please allow us the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel by letting me personally handle your reservation for a future stay so we can ensure it exceeds your expectations. Again, thank you for your comments. We appreciate your loyalty as a Marriott Gold member. Thank you for staying with us.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay. The staff at the front desk, cafe, maintenance and housekeeping were very friendly, helpful and professional. Room was nice and clean. Good Spa facilities. Having Starbucks at the cafe was great + their were healthy choices. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Marilyn K, General Manager at Courtyard Oklahoma City Northwest, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience. I cannot wait to share your kind words with the staff. Thank you again for the wonderful feedback! Marilyn K, General Manager
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This hotel seemed to have had some renovations. The carpet was fairly new and the furniture, some of the bathroom fixtures had not been but overall it was a great stay and I would stay there again. It is a nice location not too far from downtown with plenty of places to eat nearby. Great restaurant with a bar. We didn't use the bar but did have breakfast at the bistro which was very nice and the server was very nice and patient. We made it down for breakfast and breakfast had ended 15 minutes ago but she still took our order and we loved our food. They had free wifi that was pretty fast and easy to connect to, nice size indoor pool, oh and they serve Starbucks in the bistro.

Room Tip: Higher floor was very quite
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to post these great comments about our hotel. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon.
Westville, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I had to be in OKC for a business trip. My husband went with me, so I reserved an extra night at the hotel.

I liked it, but the room was set up in a weird way.

The whole reason the husband decided to travel with me was so he could lie in bed and watch football while I was at my meetings. Our room was tiny, and the television was on the side of the bed, instead at the foot of the bed, which made watching tv in bed challenging. Also, it was mounted to the squatty dresser, which was exactly the same height as the bed. So watching tv was really awkward.

The mini-fridge didn't get cold.

The noisy kids in the next room were distracting.

The breakfast was delicious!

Room Tip: If you want to watch tv in bed, make sure you get a room where that is possible.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Florence, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Recently I had to make a last minute trip to Oklahoma City. I choose to stay at the Courtyard Oklahoma City Northwest. The rooms were exactly what you expect from Marriott. Beds were extremely clean and comfortable. The gym and pool facility were clean and modern. Great Hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Many thanks for your great comments and thank you for staying with us!

Been to Courtyard Oklahoma City Northwest? Share your experiences!