“Great hotel, great breakfast, centrally located” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4829 Northwest Expressway, Oklahoma City, OK 73132   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #80 of 145 Hotels in Oklahoma City
USA
“Great hotel, great breakfast, centrally located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. We originally booked a room with 2 beds however when we arrived they only had a king bed available. It was late so we took it. The next afternoon I went to the front desk to see if they had a trundle bed for our 11 year old to sleep on, because originally we booked a 2 bed room. The lady at the front desk upgraded us to the king suite with a king bed and fold out couch. She said the lady the night before should have done that but she was new. So the last 2 nights we were there, we all slept a little bit better. The breakfast is great-waffles, fruit, cereal, yogurt, muffins, toast, juice, tea, coffee, oatmeal and on week day mornings hard boiled eggs and sausage gravy with biscuits. Overall pretty clean, however I noticed in both of our rooms the doors in the bathroom were splattered with something maybe coffee? and the fridge/microwave areas in both rooms were sticky and dirty. Overall a great hotel for the price of 80 bucks per night and a great breakfast if you've got hungry kids. There is an Applebees located right next door for your other meal needs. Or use the micro/firdge combo that comes in the king and king suite rooms. This hotel is located on NW Expressway and there are plenty of shopping and dining places to meet your needs. Does need some renovations, the locks worked but they are getting old and should be fixed. In both rooms we stayed in they were old.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2008

Excellent value, super room with loads of space.

• Stayed September 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
KANSAS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2007

I stayed at the property for a business trip in September of 2006. The hotel location was great and the property was very clean and quiet. I had gotten up early and checked out, after about 30 minutes of driving i realized i did not grab some of my clothes from the room
and called the hotel to see if they would go to the room and hold the
clothes, they said no problem. I had one of my business associates go by to get the clothes and they told him they were not any clothes in the room????? I spoke to the management and after 2 weeks of discussion they asked what the clothes were worth and paid half the replacement cost. So, the moral of the story is, this is a great hotel with some dishonest employees.

Stayed September 2006
Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2006

Spent the night here on Oct. 26, 2006. The entire experience was quite satisfactory. Clean, quite, free internet access and the breakfast was free. Good value for the money.

• Stayed October 2006
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2006

Maybe I just had a bad room, but I was expecting much more from the other reviews on this site. The staff was nice, but my room was not great. It was not very clean and there were absolutely no extras. The hallway noise was bad. I could hear every door/elevator open and close. It certainly wasn't terrible, but I don't believe it deserves the #1 rating in Oklahoma City. I would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2006
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2006

We stayed on our arrival to okc...we were exhausted after 9 hour flight from uk...the bed was comfortable...the room was clean as was the bathroom...

We stayed there for another 2 nights before our return to the uk...got a different room...was just as clean and comfortable...breakfast was good too...we got to look at the grounds outside, and the pool...this was very pretty and clean also...

laundry room could have contained more w/machines and dryers as there was a bit of a wait for someone to collect their clothes and the staff were not allowed to remove them, but this was not really that important...

the only other thing was (and this is a person thing) I thought the reception staff should have dressed less casually than they did...i hate t-shirts behind a reception desk...but like i say this is a personal dislike of mine...it could have put me off of staying there at first...

price was more than fair for the quality and cleanliness of this hotel...we will definately stay there again on our return to oklahoma.

• Stayed March 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2005

This was a wonderful hotel for my family to stay at as we were passing thru. We even stayed on our return trip we liked it so much.
They have a wonderful pool and courtyard with a gazebo.
The staff was very friendly and helpful.
Both times I stayed there they I got the rooms I reserved for.
The rooms were excellent.
I would stay there again no question.

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Oklahoma City NW Expwy? Share your experiences!