“Quality Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 23 hotels in Norman
Coppell, United States
“Quality Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I have now stayed at the HGI in Norman over 20 nights in the past year and they have always provided me with good service and a great price. It's location near the university, the highway, and great restaurants and shopping couldn't be better.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jana C, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Norman, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you again for your review! We love receiving input from our most loyal guests, and hearing that you continue to enjoy your stays. See you again soon!

170 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Wentzville, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Stayed at this hotel last month after a long day of business travel. Hotel offers room service but no menu was in the room. I called down to room service to have a menu brought up and was told to come down and get it myself. Again, after a long day, the last thing I wanted to do was chase around looking for a menu. It certainly defeats the purpose of ROOM SERVICE. I then called the front desk who stated that they would bring me a menu and a glass (this hotel only uses paper cups now). After 20-30 minutes, I call down to the front desk again because I never received the menu or the glass. I asked to speak with the manager on duty and was told the manager had left for the evening. Apparently, there is no manager on duty after 9:00 pm. The following day, I noticed that the hotel reduced my bill by $50. I assume this was done as a way to ease my complaint but it was done without any attempt to discuss with me directly. The $50 savings was great for the company I work for but does nothing to offset the awful service I received.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Jana C, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Norman, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the service you received during your stay. I have addressed and will be following up with our team about these issues. We desire for our guests to have memorable, POSITIVE, experiences and apologize that we did not exceed expectations.

Sorry for the delay in response as well. It took me a while to find your reservation and information, but I will be contacting you today to find out what we can do to make up for the poor experience. Thank you again for informing us of the issue so that we may resolve it. I hope you have a great day, and I look forward to speaking with you.
Lawton, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

This hotel is located at a place easy to get to and close to lots of eating places. I have stayed at many different places in Norman. The staff at this hotel were extremely friendly and helpful. I would recommend that this be a choice for future stays in Norman.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stayed here for two nights during a business trip in November. The hotel was the tyipical HGI from check in, to the room, to breakfast. The location was great for dinning options (could walk to 3 or 4 different restaurants) or drive to dozens within a few minutes. The drive time however depends on traffic. The hotel is on a hwy access road that made getting in/out to the hwy difficult due to traffic and construction. Other than that it was a pleasent stay. Drive time to Tinker was about 15/20 minutes each morning too.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Alexander
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

For a higher rate, I expect a better hotel. Everything about the room was tiny, but it was clean. The bed was a half a step softer than a rock. The breakfast area was poorly managed. There was a party in the lobby our last night and the next morning, the lobby bathroom was disgusting.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Norman, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Great staff, very welcoming, will stay again. From the time we walked in to the time we left, the staff seemed to genuinely care about our needs. Hotel was very nice with clean rooms. The environment was causal and relaxing. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I'm sorry for my delay of writing this review, but better late than sorry. As a Hilton member I must say that I will consider this Hilton Garden Inn as one of my top favorite. The Staff is amazing. I was in the area for work reason and I must say that the location of the hotel is perfect. There are restaurants walking distance, close by stores and a Starbucks that was one of my stops on a daily basis. The rooms on 3rd floor I do like specially facing the pool area. On a day off or weekend spend time on the pool and enjoying the ricas Quesadillas several times made at the restaurant of the hotel. The breakfast buffet awesome. My stay was during June and July of 2013. Muchas gracias a todos los empleados que me atendieron tan marravillosamente que me hicieron sentir como de la casa, Muchas Bendiciones
M. Rodriguez

Room Tip: the rooms of the 3rd floor facing the pool