“Very Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Kansas City, Missouri
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Nice hotel--kinda strange no HBO-- they had a guide to programming but no channel, front desk was very friendly- low water pressure in shower- bed was comfortable, AC good, would stay again good location just off I-35 we are Hilton employees & were very satisfied

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Paul v, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Norman, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank for your review. I am gald that you liked our hotel and I will bring all your comments to discussion with my staff. We hope you visit us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Pflugerville, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Arrived at this hotel around 10:30 p.m. Excellent location right off of I-35. Nice, friendly staff upon entering. Check in was smooth. Comfortable bed and a/c was in excellent working order. Would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul v, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Norman, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for your review and your stay with us. Our reviews are used to help us get better at serving our guests and strive to be the very best. It is always a nice moment when I get to share a good review with my staff and I thank you for taking the time to write it.
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Worse customer service. Trash was left in lobby and pool area. Rooms not cleaned. Rude staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Norman, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted and I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of caring for our customers and maintaining the grounds. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area, I hope that you will be our guest again – thank you for your review.
Bridge City, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Another reviewer complained about non-refundable booking last November.
I have stayed there several times a year, and this never happened, but I never stayed in November.
I recently attempted to book for Nov 2012 and the only available rate they offered was non-refundable, even though I am an HHonors member.
On football weekends they can easily re-book a room if there's a cancellation, this definitely changes my opinion of this hotel.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Norman, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of our reservation process. I respect your candor. You are correct in the fact that our normal cancellation policy is 6pm the day of arrival. However, on special events such as home OU football games, this cancellation policy does not apply as stated on our website and reservation system.
While it may seem easy to fill rooms on game days, depending on the time of the game and when guests cancel, this is not true.
I appreciate your review as it provides feedback that I need to re-evaluate guest needs and make the necessary adjustments to our offerings.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

Clean, comfortable, quiet and easy to get to. Staff is friendly, responsive and accomodating. The fresh baked cookies at the front desk don't run out too early. I only wish they had a complimentary breakfast!

• Stayed April 2012
San Antono
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

Booked a suite for more room and was VERY comfortable. Bed and linens were very comfortable. Rooms very clean...I think it's new.
Towels not as bad as most hotels in this class, but really, can't we come up with something a little less like sandpaper?

Young lady at the desk was super nice and very sweet. Wish I could remember her name.

Cons:
No free breakfast. I knew that when I booked, but it can't cost them anything to do, and a free breakfast is just a really nice ammenity.
I don't mine a/c noise, but there was something else reverbating.

Will prob stay again. The price was great and it was comfortable

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. We are happy that you had a pleasant stay with us and look forward to serving you in the future! When making a reservation, please inquirer about our rates that include breakfast.
Cookeville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

At check in, Morgan was friendly, professional, helpful. And that carried through to the waitstaff, chef, bartender and everyone else that we encountered. Zero complaints from us.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Norman? Share your experiences!