“Get away after Santa Claus does.” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2501 Conference Dr, Norman, OK 73069   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 23 hotels in Norman
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Get away after Santa Claus does.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We were worn thin from all the Christmas busyness, and needed to have some time to ourselves. We had an unexpected cash bonus, so we splurged and headed to Embassy Suites as soon as we dropped off our kids to fly back to their home.

The front desk lady was truly interested in our retreat, and celebrating late our anniversary. She saw to it that a complementary bottle of champagne was sent to our room, along with some chocolate dipped strawberries.

We knew about the great breakfast that Embassy Suites has, and were surprised by the single chef that could take each omelet order separately, and keep everything running.

Room Tip: Rooms facing west are best for late sleepers.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Casey K, Manager at Embassy Suites Norman, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
To our valued guest from Edmond,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We always appreciate your time and look for any opportunity to better our service. We will look forward to sharing with our team members this feedback, the front desk will be so pleased in having made a difference in your stay.

We do look forward to having you return for another relaxing visit or business. Do not hesitate to let us know if we may be of assistance!

360 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Des Moines, IA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

This hotel was very nice, we checked in a little after 11pm and were out by 9:30 in the morning. While we were there tho the beds were very comfortable, and breakfast was great. As expected from Embassy Suites. I would definitely stay again if given the opportunity.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

To our valued guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am glad we were able to make your time here an enjoyable one. I don’t think I can express how much receiving your review meant to me. Thank you for taking the time and making the effort to share your experience with us.

Hope to be of service again,

kansas city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We love coming to stay in this hotel when we come to see our kids who live in the area. The rooms are clean, the breakfasts are wonderful (the omelets made-to-order are my favorite), and the staff is very friendly and helpful. My only complaint this time was that our toiletries and coffee were not replenished on our last full day here. I would highly recommend it as a great value, because it includes a FULL breakfast, and drinks/snacks in the early evening

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
To our valued guest from Kansas City,

Thank you for taking the time to rate the Embassy Suites Norman. Our Embassy Suites mission is to “Make a Difference” and I would like to personally thank you for giving myself and Embassy Suites the chance to “Make a Difference” through serving you during your travels. I wanted you to know that we greatly appreciate your comments. It is your feedback that helps to ensure that we are constantly improving our level of service, with this being said, I hope that you will visit our Embassy Suites again if you are in Norman in the future.

Norman, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

I live in Norman, but came to visit my parents while they were in town for the holidays. I've work in the hospitality industry before and make a point to recognize good service when it's given. My wife and I came on Sunday for a few drinks with Mom and Dad and I would like to tell you what a gem you have in your bartender, Rachel. She was incredibly friendly, professional, and accommodating; the space was clean and candles were lit. She made sure we had a very cozy and wonderful evening. We came back the next night, and the atmosphere couldn't have been more different. I didn't catch the girls name, but the bartender on Monday was not friendly at all and we had to wait quite a while for service. The area wasn't kept clean, no candles; it was obvious who took pride in their work and who didn't.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
To our valued guest from Norman,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We always appreciate your time and look for any opportunity to better our service. We will look forward to sharing with our team members this feedback in order to better our bar service.

We do look forward to having you return. Do not hesitate to let us know if we may be of assistance!

Purcell, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

I pre paid through my travel agency. I am a travel agent. They lost the reservations. Robin was the front desk clerk and she was rude and hateful. She is incompetent. I will never stay at this hotel or recommend this because of Robin. She raised her voice to me and was very unprofessional. I would expect a free room or upgrade. However, none was given.

Stayed December 2013
To our valued guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We always appreciate your time and look for any opportunity to better our service. We will look forward to sharing with our team members this feedback in order to better our service.

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

My boss was supposed to attend a conference here but had last-minute plans, so I got the gig. He said he called ahead of time to pay for it fully and to put the room in my name. Nope. The reservation was in his name, but they gave me the room without trouble - though they needed to see my ID and get a credit card from me. They claimed they had no note about me or any payment info. I called my boss and told him to fix the credit card thing so I wouldn't get charged and he said he would. He later texted that he talked to them on the phone and everything was fine. So far so good.

The place was beautiful on the inside, and when I got up to my room it was the same thing. Pretty typical layout for an Embassy Suites - living room, bar area, bathroom, and bedroom. I was worried about noise because there is supposed to be an airport right next to it, but even though I could see what looked like runway lights, I never once heard or saw an airplane using it.

There's a little convenience shop downstairs, but for the life of me I could never figure out what time they close. I went downstairs at about 5pm to get a soda and it was closed. I didn't eat at the restaurant or use the bar, but the menu looked good.

Plenty of restaurants in the area as well as big-name discount stores, so you can pretty much get anything you need with a short drive.

The stay was uneventful, but on the last day, just before I was leaving for checkout, the television quit working. Could have been operator error I guess.

When I got downstairs to check out, the receipt had MY last four credit card digits on it. I told them that there had been a mistake, check it because someone should have called, etc. They said they don't take CC info over the phone so it couldn't have been changed in that manner. I didn't argue but when I got out to the car I called my boss again and he said he was assured it was fixed. Yeah, I know, just expense it, but when something like that is supposed to be fixed TWICE and then it isn't, there's a customer service breakdown somewhere.

Even with a bit of trouble, I'd probably stay here again if I'm ever in town.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
To our valued guest from St. Louis,

I would like to thank you for choosing Embassy Suites Norman Hotel & Conference Center for your recent visit to Norman! We were honored to have you staying with us. I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I wanted you to know that we greatly appreciate your comments. I know billing issues can be frustrating. It is your feedback that helps to ensure that we are constantly improving our level of service. I hope if you find yourself in Norman again you will decided to stay with us.

Pawnee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is a very nice, clean, safe place to stay. I have stayed here several times over the last 5 years and have always had a nice stay. This time I needed to cancel part of my reservation due to poor weather conditions. I paid for 3 nights in cash and cancelled the second 2 nights within the 24 hour time frame, but was not able to get a cash refund. Now I have to wait 1-2 weeks for a refund check to arrive at my home address.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

To our valued guest,

On behalf of our entire hotel staff and myself – I would like to thank you for choosing Embassy Suites Norman Hotel & Conference Center for your recent visit to Norman! We were honored to have you staying with us. I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I wanted you to know that we greatly appreciate your comments. It is your feedback that helps to ensure that we are constantly improving our level of service. I hope if you find yourself in Norman again you will decided to stay with us.

Casey Kittel
Assistant General Manager

Been to Embassy Suites Norman? Share your experiences!