“Be careful of the rate charged if part of a group” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Points Package
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Hurst, Texas
“Be careful of the rate charged if part of a group”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I called the hotel to book a room as part of a wedding group, but was told there was no wedding rate, and the cost would be $179 per night. I booked it, but then canceled when I found out I could prepay for $159 per night. I later learned there was in fact a wedding rate of $109 per night. The hotel told me since I had pre-paid, there was nothing that could be done to change the rate. When I reminded them that the hotel mislead me when I first tried to book, I was only compensated with 5000 points, no cash. The points would cost me $62.50 if I were to buy Hilton Honors points. This is not quite the extra $80 I spent by prepaying, I much would have preferred cash instead of points. It has been less than a week since I stayed, and the extra points have not shown up yet in my Hilton Honors Account. I hope they will honor their promise. Be warned if you are going for a wedding or other discount group to be sure to insist on the wedding rate. Our friends who did not pre-pay were able to get the reduced rate at check in.

The hotel was nicely appointed, the conference center was very nice, and the staff was courteous. Our room was spacious and clean. We also enjoyed the complimentary happy hour drinks.

The breakfasts were HECTIC. My husband waited in line for almost 40 minutes on a Sunday morning to get two fried eggs. On both mornings we stayed, there was only one cook in the custom order line. He was working like crazy, and even though he was extremely efficient, he could have easily used two other cooks to keep the long line moving. The buffet eggs tasted powdery and the biscuits were bland. Other buffet items looked okay. Only the custom ordered food looked good, but with those lines, it was not an option for someone in a hurry.

Room Tip: Don't pre-pay if you are going with a group
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Huntsville, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Beautiful Hotel and friendly staff. Close to restaurants, shopping, movie theater and the casino. Hotel shuttle will take you anywhere in a 2 mile radius. Saturday night is movie night at the hotel which is a nice feature for the kids. Excellent business center and hospitality suite. Rooms are nice, scale of 1 to 10, 10.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Arlington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at the Embassy Suites Memorial Day Weekend. The hotel common areas were nicer than I was expecting. The hotel was mostly very clean although there was vomit in front of the hotel bell stand when we arrived and it was still there when we left several days later. Our hotel bathroom was clean but not spotless. Our hotel breakfast was better than most complimentary breakfasts. Breakfast does not begin until 7:30 on the weekend and there was a group of 20-30 waiting for service to start each morning. The hotel might consider starting breakfast at 7:00. the rooms are large with a separate bedroom and living area. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Check-in and Check-out were a breeze. I can recommend this hotel and would stay again.

Room Tip: This is an atrium style hotel, but our room on the 4th floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

They were wonderful to us after the Moore tornado. I wish I could of stayed under different circumstances, but it was nice. Breakfast was great; we got full before returning to the mess of the tornado destruction. We love Embassy Suites.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Sebastopol, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Want a perfect front office in and out experience, a clean hotel that delivers what it promises and more, then Embassy Suites in Norman, OK delivers. Food and service is great for this type of venue. The Internet works but should be speeded up; $10/day is too much money for its lackluster data rate. Other than slow Internet, I recommend this hotel wholeheartedly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Nothing but great things to say about Embassy Suites Norman. This hotel is now the Embassy Suites standard in my book. For starters, although my reservation said no smoking, I was booked in a smoking room. The front desk immediately changed my room assignment without hesitation.

The hotel in conveniently located right off I-35 and is noticeable from the distance. It's the tallest building in the area. Future growth is quickly coming to the area -- there are several strip malls being built right across the street and OU stadium is in the distance.

The indoor pool was a unexpected benefit to my stay. They gym area was clean plus all the equipment worked. One additional benefit was the restaurant and bar in the main hotel area. Want to watch the big game on a big screen, just come down stairs and enjoy the game with friends and a frosty beverage.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
San Marcos, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Great hotel. I was here for a conference. The best part (aside from a very nice and comfortable room) was the breakfast. The breakfast buffet itself was OK, nothing to sneeze at, but the highlight that I wanted to point out was the omelet guy. There was a guy in the back (Sam was his name, I'm told.) who made the omelets, making 6 at a time. The floor show was worth the price of admission alone. An excellent cook, and he could flip the omelets like nobody's business. Plus it was perfection, exactly as I ordered it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Embassy Suites Norman? Share your experiences!