“Better Version of a Good Thing” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Points Package
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Austin, Texas
“Better Version of a Good Thing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This property seems a little newer and nicer than most Embassy Suites, which usually are very good in their own right. Speedier elevators, a little nicer furnishings, and the usually great breakfast and roominess.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
JMV12, General Manager at Embassy Suites Norman, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
To our guests from Austin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We greatly appreciate your feedback and will be sharing with our team members.

We’re glad to see that you enjoyed your visit and took note on our facilities and breakfast experience. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Best,

Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Greenville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Overall this hotel is great. It is a good value. The made to order breakfast is FANTASTIC. But, if you're a hunter you have to leave your guns in your car. No weapons allowed in the hotel. I was very surprised to find a hotel in Oklahoma with a "no weapons" policy. This is the first Embassy Suites that I have seen a no weapons sign. I hope this is not a company wide policy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

To our valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We’re pleased to see that you enjoyed your breakfast and found our hotel to be of good value.

We appreciate your feedback on our no weapons policy and will be reviewing with the appropriate individuals for consideration.

We do hope to see you again in the future should your travels return you to the Norman area.

Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I spent the better part of a week at this hotel for a business conference. I have no complaints at all. I have stayed many places in Norman and this one if one of my favorites. No loud noises in hall or next door, and very comfortable clean rooms and bedding.

• Stayed April 2013
To our valued guest,

Thanks so much for the kind comments and for taking the time to share with others. We greatly appreciate being selected to host your visit for your conference and hope to see you again in the future!

I will look forward to sharing your comments with our team members. I assure you they will greatly appreciate your feedback.

Safe Travels,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Lovely hotel with bar and breakfast. Awesome place to stay after the game. Love the rooms!! Only complaint is I preordered drinks to be in the room and they were not. I called and of course it was a big ordeal of you will have to call this number for refund. The hassel of preordering is not worth it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
JMV12, General Manager at Embassy Suites Norman, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
To our most valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. Please accept my apologies for the beverage pre-order. I will certainly follow up to understand how the order was placed and where the mis-communication may have occurred.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly regarding a refund.

We greatly appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again when you return to the area.

Please let us know if we may be of assistance!

Kind Regards,

Bogota, Colombia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I liked very much the hotel; very nice decoration, excellent facilities (bar, breakfast area, pool) and rooms were comfortable, ample and very neat. Front desk and room service staff was very nice; I enjoyed the warmth of the people working in the hotel. Breakfast was also very good, I thanked the guys working in there.
What I dislike, was the fact that in the bill, the charge of $10/day of internet access was not per room but per device: on a couple of nights, I connected to the wifi my iphone, my laptop and my ipad for a total charge of $30/night! Ups...

To our guest from Bogota,

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your overall impression of our hotel.

I appreciate your feedback on our internet service. Unfortunately, the current technology does charge for different devices as it assigns an IP address per device and holds that address for a 24 hour period. I will be sharing your feedback with the appropriate contacts.

Once again, thank you for your thoughts and feedback. We hope to be of service when your travels return you to the area.

Kind Regards,

Midlothian, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The best hotel in the area. I’ve visited several Norman hotels and was pleased to see this one open a few years ago. I frequently stay at Embassy Suites, and this location offers exceptional service and the most comfortable rooms I’ve found.

Pro:
- Top-notch service, from desk staff, housekeeping, and bar staff. Check-in was fast and friendly, and my request for a high floor away from elevators was fulfilled. We did have one problem, a defective coffee maker in our room, and a replacement arrived within 5 minutes of our call. In every area of the hotel we were always greeted warmly and made to feel welcome. Special thanks to Gloria at the bar for taking such good care of us during a very busy time.
- Comfortable bed, pillows and furniture. Sofa and chairs far more relaxing than some other Embassy Suites I’ve used, a welcome discovery. No noise from adjacent rooms, or the small airfield adjacent to the hotel. Effective black-out curtains.
- Well-maintained indoor pool facility and workout room, clean and well equipped.

Con:
Food services superior to most chains, yet a bit limited compared to other Embassy Suites. Breakfast offerings include made to order eggs & pancakes and a standard buffet line, but the fruit and pastry selections were not as broad as I expected. Similarly, the Manager’s Reception had just a small bit of cheese and chips, not the meatballs, egg rolls or pot-stickers I’ve found at other locations. Small issues, really, just mildly disappointing.

Overall: Good value for truly comfortable accommodations, attentive and efficient staff, and excellent leisure facilities. We will continue to use this hotel on all our visits to the area.

Room Tip: Take rooms on the higher floors, as the open atrium does allow noticeable lobby noise to the closest...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
To our guest from Virginia,

Thank you for your overview of your experience. We greatly appreciate all of your comments and will look to review with our team members. I will also look forward to sharing your thoughts with Gloria at our bar. I know that Gloria will truly appreciate you taking the time to compliment her.

We also appreciate your comments on our food and beverage options and will be reviewing.
We value your business and thank you for choosing to stay with us. We will look forward to your return and offer any assistance soon you need any.

Best,

Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

What a great business trip thanks to an incredible hotel. From check-in to check-out, it was top notch. Friendly staff, great suites, and a breakfast to die for. Eggs, pancakes, and waffles to order; plus most anything else you might need for a great start to the day. It is located close enough to the airport, yet far enough away to not have all that traffic. There are loads of good restaurants near by both within walking and not more than a ten minute drive. I like my Springhill Suites, but this one certainly hit the top of my like list.

Room Tip: I typically stay top floor away from the elevator, but I tend to think you could pick any floor and...
To our guests from Pennsylvania,

Thank you for your very kind remarks regarding our hotel. We are glad to see that you enjoyed your visit!

I’ll look forward to sharing your comments with our team members and I know that everyone will be glad to know that you had a positive experience!

Thank you for pointing out the convenience of our location. Our hotel is part of a newer and developing area of Norman that includes shopping, dining, banking, and currently under development; the Legacy Park project that will feature a lake, stage, water features, and walkways. Additional shopping is also under development which will add an even greater variety and convenience to our guests.

We look forward to having you visit again in the near future!

Regards,

Michael Vance

Been to Embassy Suites Norman? Share your experiences!