“did not know places like this existed anymore...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Montford Inn and Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Norman
Montford Inn and Cottages
You added Montford Inn and Cottages to your Saves list
322 W Tonhawa St, Norman, OK 73069   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Norman B&B and Inns
State College, Pennsylvania, United States
“did not know places like this existed anymore...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This was a cozy and comfortable bed and breakfast, with rustic decor and friendly staff. The innkeepers went out of their way to make me feel at home. The room was clean, the wifi worked well, and the bed was comfortable. One really nice feature was the bathtub with jets, and the (provided) herbal bathsalts to use with the tub. The breakfast was wonderful! They don't have a menu, but have one (I guess you could call it a) special: the morning I was there, it was a spinach and bacon egg scramble with sides of fruit salad and zucchini bread. It was delicious!!! And of course came with as much coffee as I could drink. (I just want to note that they did offer to make something else, so if you're not like me (I eat anything) they are flexible).

Also, it is walking distance to a park, which has a short but nice loop for walking/jogging.

Several reviewers mentioned the train. I did notice the train whistle during the day, but either the train doesn't run at night or I slept right trough it; I did not get woken up at all.

I loved staying here, and I hope you will too!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Durant, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My best friend and I stayed here over the New Year's weekend. Pam graciously met us as we arrived with wine, cider and lemon cookies. What a lovely touch after traveling all day. We stayed in the Homesteaders Room. Which was lovely. We used the common areas more (especially around the fireplace). We found the inn to be comfortable and inviting. Breakfast each morning was served promptly and they were very accommodating with my friends gluten free diet. The location is ideal for Norman. The inn is just a block off of main street. Loved it and we will return.

Room Tip: The Homesteader tends to be a very warm room, so we had them close the vents to cool off, but if you...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed staying at the Montford Inn. I booked us a stay in the Marketplace cottage which is across the street from the actual Inn, where they have rooms inside available. The cottage is located in a house split like a duplex and was surprised at how much room we got! Our stay was relaxing and it felt like home. We even enjoyed our complimentary breakfast in our room, which was really nice. If we ever come down again to watch a game at the OU stadium we will return. Also TIP! You can literally walk from the Inn to the stadium. It was maybe a 15 minute walk. It was a better alternative to driving because traffic is mad.

Room Tip: If you want a more private stay, go for a cottage!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Midwest City, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a wonderful time this past weekend at the Montford Inn. We stayed in the Garden Gate cottage and loved it. I've been once before and stayed in the main house, so this time I wanted to experience the cottages. All the little extra foo-foo stuff was greatly appriciated. The staff was so warm and friendly. I plan to go back again and again and hopefully get to stay longer. I loved to hear the trains go by during the night. Our breakfast was wonderful and we met so many nice people from different states. Thank you so much!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
whmdad, Owner at Montford Inn and Cottages, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
To our guest from MWC,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others on TripAdvisor! We appreciate your kind words and look forward to your next visit.

Respectfully.

William Murray
owner/innkeeper
Montford Inn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

While traveling on business I love to look for unique alternatives to hotels. I came across this beautiful cozy house when I had to work in the Oklahoma City area. Very nice cozy place! The service is great, food amazing and very nice clean rooms. I enjoyed sitting on the front porch in the evenings and relaxing with a glass of complimentary wine and a good book. The neighborhood is quiet and felt like home. They gave me a Corporate rate which was better than any local hotel. It was so nice I plan to take my husband ether for a weekend getaway. Don't miss out if you are planning to go to to the Oklahoma City area, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed September 2012
Townsville, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This must have been my 4th visit to Montford. I always choose the homesteader and consider it 'my' room. I always feel as it has been waiting for my return.
The little touches are appreciated: comfy bed, lovely quilts; homemade cookies and wine in the evening; coffee machine ready and willing at all hours in the living room; great breakfast; daily complimentary water bottles in room; the buzz and vibe of the place; central location; daily newspapers waiting to be read in comfy sofa and chairs in living room; the warmth and hospitality of Phyllis and William.
What more can one want, nothing else for me, I would never consider staying anywhere else in Norman.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Searcy, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We had a wonderful time at the Montford Inn. So nice to stay in a place with very friendly staff, wonderful breakfast and so close to cool coffee shops and the theatre where out concert was. It was also great to have a private hot tub.

thanks again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Montford Inn and Cottages? Share your experiences!