“Riverwind Casino” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 9 Attractions in Norman
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy the hottest Vegas-style action at Riverwind Casino, including over 2,700 electronic games, off-track betting, and 45 gaming tables such as Poker, Blackjack, Ultimate Texas Holdem', 3 Card Poker, and Baccarat. Many world-class acts have taken the stage at the Showplace Theatre. The 1,500-seat theatre is the most luxurious venue in the area. Also in the theatre is a mezzanine area, with a full bar, lounge, and two corporate boxes. We offer a wide selection of restaurants, including Chips 'N Ales, the Willows Buffet and the Seasons Food Court, featuring Burger King®, Rick’s Café, Taco Bueno™ and Panda Express®. Located right in the middle of the casino floor is the Energy Bar, a full bar featuring gaming machines built into the bar.Don’t feel like walking far to park your car? Drop it off at our North or South Valet, and take just a few steps to be on the casino floor. And if you’re too tired to even drive home, stop at the Riverwind Hotel, attached to the casino’s south side by a walkway. The hotel, outfitted with the latest luxurious amenities, has 100 guest rooms, including nine spa suites, a junior suite and a governor suite and is sure to be your gateway to relaxation. For our guests who need to travel by airplane, we are conveniently located 23 miles from Will Rogers World Airport. Nearby is Oklahoma’s “most unique entertainment destination”, the Bricktown Entertainment District, as well as the Winter Creek Golf Course, Sooner Mall, and the University of Oklahoma.
Sachse, Texas
“Riverwind Casino”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2009

I have played at the Riverwind Casino and just like all other Indian Casino's they do not pay a lot. Sure you will find a few hit or misses that will pay $100-200 but, if you're playing $1 or $5 slots the payout should be higher.

So, stick with playing pennies and you should come out of there losing no more than $50. However, if your ambition is to WIN BIG.....Good luck. It probably won't happen.

Winstar and Choctaw are even worse.

Norman
“Stay away from Riverwind Casino”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

Absolutely Stay Away!!!
The slots here are a joke... a joke on YOU!
You WILL NOT win... Only the odd winner comes out of there.
If you play the slots then here is what will happen:
Each spin will result in less than you spent... every spin... your hope is to hit a bonus round... when you hit a bonus round - IT WILL PAY A RIDICULOUS LOW PAY!!!
You will have spent $100, you'll finally hit a bonus round and it will pay you a $1.35 or maybe $2,00.... and it will do this EVERY TIME!

STAY AWAY FOLKS.. THEY ARE RIPPING OFF OKLAHOMA AND THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF TOO....

dont do it, take my word for it

austin, tx
“Riverwind Casino Norman OK”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

If you are looking for Las Vegas it is west of here. In my limited experience this is a typical indian casino - unbearable cigarette smoke and very poor ventilation. They do not give free drinks while you are gambling. My informal survey of the hotel staff indicated that none of the locals won money. Of course, I do not expect to win money at a casino - I just want to have the machines pay off enough to be able to play a while on my money. We did not win - or even get to play on the machines very long -on the night of our visit. The buffett is $14 per person. the buffett was mediocre at best. The hotel is $119 per night. They do not allow dogs. Buy sandwich material at the supermarket and save your money. My opinion, all restaurants in Oklahoma are bad.

OKLAHOMA
“Recent experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2009

I recently went to River Wind Casino. I parked near the front wall side near the entrance within 1000 feet and was in the Casino for about 2 hrs.

When I walked to my car I noticed that someone had vandalized my car for no apparent reason. I went into the Casino and reported the incident.

Bottom line is that the Casino stated to me that Vandalism to cars happens about 5 -6 times per year there and they will do nothing at all to help their customers pay for the damage done to vehicles there.

There are only a few outside security guards at the Casino and they do not seem to have a regular schedule of patrol, therefore when you park your car outside of the Rive Wind Casino you are on basically on your own with little help from the Casino to avoid damage being done to your car.

I have called the Casino to ask them to go through the security tapes and they for whatever reason do not feel it is important enough to take or return my calls.

I would rather go spend my money elsewhere where they take care of their customers.

If you have a problem there, from my experience do not count on the Casino to help you!

terakk
“Tight”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2008

I live in Oklahoma and have gone to Riverwind Casino,
the slot machines are very tight, not like Las Vegas.
Beautiful casino not worth the tightness.

Been to Riverwind Casino? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Riverwind Casino, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.