“They called the cops on me. And the woman proadly and slopily with no respect for cooth chews tabacy” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Value Place Norman

You added Value Place Norman to your Saves list
Value Place Norman
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5401 Huettner Drive, I-35 & Indian Hills Rd. (exit 114), Norman, OK 73069   |
Special Offer
Great Spring Deals
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Norman
nirman
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

My girlfriend and i had a room there and because i had my brother ask at the front to call my room for access as not break policy. He told me that the staff was very rude and the woman was chewing snuff clearly. Ten minutes later the police were asking to search the room for a person. Later to find out. Per. Police record they called the cops on my room.

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Moore, Oklahoma, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is not the type of hotel where you would stay for just one night, as it has a "kitchenette", no gym or pool. It is more like a studio apartment. We are staying here after being displaced by the recent tornado, so I am thankful for the place to stay. Now for the review:
PROS: 1. The staff is very friendly and always willing to help.
2. The price is great for a weekly rate.
3. It has key cards to get in the building, laundry room and your room; great security feeling.

CONS: 1.First off, the beds are doubles and that makes a tight squeeze for 2 people.
2. The internet is not WiFi and there is a $10 a week extra fee for the use of it. I haven't seen connections this slow since dial-up and it is always going down.
3. Lastly, the laundry room. There are 6 washers and dryers. On any given day there is at least one of each that is not working. You put your clothes in to dry, an hour later they are still wet. The staff is quick to put a sign on them, once they are informed.

All in all, it is not bad, but the little things are what gets you after a while. The staff (Stephanie, Skyler and Donna) are what has kept us here a little longer.

Room Tip: Rooms with a sofa are larger and make a world of difference.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Norman, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I had just sold my home in Colorado, but my new one in Oklahoma wasn't finished yet. I stayed at Value Place during the in between time, as I had already started work in Oklahoma. The staff was friendly and informative, and helped me out with any questions I had, including directions to lots of places in the area as I oriented myself to my new city. Before I found out about Value Place, I was expecting to spend about $300 a week until my house was finished. For a little over $200 a week (including tax), I got a room that was very clean and comfortable and had everything I really needed. The full size refrigerator is definitely the best part! Most hotels have those tiny fridges which don't have a freezer or have the tiny freezer compartment that doesn't really keep food frozen. Being able to buy pretty much whatever groceries I wanted was a nice relief from the stresses of relocating. The internet was a bit slow, and they had some trouble with it working at all here and there during my stay, but the staff was always quick to answer questions and get the problem fixed. I know where I'll be staying in the future for business trips or vacations.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Norman, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

It was a terrible experience for me to stay in Value Place Norman. The hotel has bed bugs. I got bites on my face, neck and all over my body. My face was terribly swelling and I was too embarrassed to go outside. It took Value Place 5 days to have a pest terminator come. During that period, they asked me to stay in another room and I could only take my tooth brush with me. Unfortunately, the second room has bed bugs too. Value Place refused to move me to a third room and asked me to move back to the first one. I asked for a new mattress, but the manager told me that it was Value Place and they were not willing to spend money on new mattress. I was also told that I had to move back to the original room, if I refused to do it, I had to check out. This is their protocol to treat bed bugs. They knew the bed bug problem would still be there and they just chose to let the customers to suffer. I would not recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Oak Creek, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I called about seeing if they considered lizards as pets with their 'no pet policy' considering they sit in cages. The receptionist was rude and could not get off the phone quick enough.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I frequently pass through Norman on business, and have stayed at many hotels here. Value Place offers just what I need at a price that doesn't eat up my profits. The kitchen in the room is great, as I don't have to eat out for every meal, and since there's a full size fridge, I don't have to worry about buying too much when I go shopping. They only do weekly rates, so don't plan on stopping in for a night or two. The staff are all friendly and helpful. They always remember me, and don't seem fake when they ask me how I'm doing. I like that they let you stay as long as you want. I've had other hotels tell me I had to leave because they had a reservation for my room, especially during busy seasons. I often don't know with certainty how long I'll be in any one place, so knowing I won't have to make other arrangements gives me peace of mind. This is a clean, well kept hotel that gives you the essentials for a price you can pay. Will stay here whenever I'm in Norman long enough to pay a weekly rate. (Even at four or five days it beats most other hotels/motels,)

Room Tip: Call the Value Place where you want to stay directly to make your reservation. The staff at the hote...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Heather L, Value Place Property Management at Value Place Norman, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
John,
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay at our property and come back often. We work very hard to make sure all our guests receive the same treatment you receive at our Norman property. We wish you well on your travels and can't wait to see you again!
- Value Place Team
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

Very secure and safe ! Love the mattress, the kitchen, and the cleanliness....everywhere! Best of the best for the best price!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Heather L, Manager at Value Place Norman, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
We appreciate you staying with us and thank you for the positive review. Those are what we strive for every day. We hope that you will chosoe Value Place again if you are ever in need of a place to stay

Been to Value Place Norman? Share your experiences!