“What a Hotel Stay Should Be” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #11 of 24 hotels in Norman
“What a Hotel Stay Should Be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

After a long drive, it is refreashing to find a hotel so accomodating to the weary traveler. Service was prompt, professional and courteous! Excellent continental breakfast. Allthe hotel is very clean and well organized.

• Stayed October 2012

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Norman, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Recently, I spent several days in Norman, Oklahoma at the Country Inns and Suites on Ed Noble Parkway just off I-35 and Lindsey Street. I'd say that my experience was about average for a small hotel. I'd have to say that the nicest thing was the breakfasts. Each morning there was plenty and it was really quite good. The Asian lady that does the breakfast each morning was a delightful change from the usual hotel employee. Always a pretty smile and so busy being helpful. I'd go back just to experience being in such pleasant company in the morning.

Room Tip: It's hard to choose a good tip. It was a good experience and I'd stay there again. It's...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We first stayed at this hotel for a 4-day period 3 years ago, and were so impressed with the quality of the hotel, the cost value, our room and the free breakfast, we were delighted to have an opportunity to stay 2 more nights on a visit this month. It was like coming back to a close friend.....everything was just as excellent as during our last stay. The free breakfast was by far the best we had experienced in the 13 different hotels we had stayed in over our 2-week road trip through 22 States in the U.S.

Room Tip: We stayed in a King bed room on the first floor...it was perfect for us!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
normancis, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Norman, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review complimenting our hotel. Welcome back, and we are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay!

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Norman!
Colorado SpringsColorado, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I booked this hotel for a sports competition for my church at Oklahoma University. I originally booked the room for 3 nights and I had booked it through Expedia. Two days before the trip I had to change the reservation to 2 nights ONLY so we would check in 9/1 and check out 9/3. I called Expedia and was informed I that it was taken care of! We arrived and everything was ok though we only saw the housekeeper once. She did not clean the room and only took the tray of food we had on the desk, but other then that it was fine. On 9/3 (Monday) we went to the front desk to checked out. The front deck clerk then informed us that we were booked for 3 nights, we then explained to him what had happened. He said that it was ok since we booked through expedia and that it was ok for us to check out. We then proceeded to check out and repeated that we would NOT be staying the 3rd night. (This was before 7am on 9/3) I just called expedia to get my refund but was informed that the change I requested was not done, but that it was ok because they would confirm the date we checked out with the hotel. They then called the hotel, but was told that we did not check out early and was that no changes were made to the original reservation. Expedia then told me to call the hotel, because the hotel continued to repeat the same lines to expedia even though expedia was trying to inform them what had happened. So, I called and the assistant manager was the one who answered. After telling her my name, she informed me that she was the assistant manager and that she had explained this to three other people from expedia already. She then informed me that no changes were made to my original reservation and that I could file a dispute with Expedia. Now, I am already upset, since I have been trying to get this resolved for a while, and all I wanted from her was to confirm the date that we checked out. I know that Expedia is at fault for not changing my reservation when they said they did and I am at fault for not checking with the hotel about the change. But I don't understand why she could not confirm the time we checked out. She kept insisting that we did not check out with the front desk and that housekeeping informed her that we used the room on the 3rd night. I kept trying to tell her that it was impossible for us to have used the room the last night, because we were on the road home. I also informed her that we did in fact check out with the front desk, but she did not want to listen to me. She just repeated everything from before and then hung up on me. I do not think that this was appropriate behavior from an assistant manager to a customer. I am want this resolved and am willing to show gas receipts from my sister to prove we did not use the room for the 3rd night. And considering that housekeeping was barely present during our time there I doubt they would know when we left, especially since they only came once to clean the room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments regarding the frustration you experienced with the early check out process and trying to get a refund for the 3rd night. I have reviewed this situation with the hotel's Assistant Manager and want to apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

As you stated, having the third party reservation was somewhat limiting to both you and us since we both had to work this out with them to correct this situation instead of directly with each other.

However, I have been in contact with Expedia and have authorized the refund of the 3rd night. They should be in contact with you soon to notify you of the refunded amount.

Again, please accept my apologies for this situation.
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We booked the jacuzzi suite for a quite in town getaway. It was spacious and clean. We (thankfully) didn't see a single cricket or ant during our visit. The pool was open until midnight, which was wonderful and children weren't allowed past 11, which was even more wonderful. The pool and hot tub were well maintained and very clean. There are plenty of chairs and tables for those that want to relax poolside. The hot and fresh chocolate chip cookies were a nice treat after our dip and soak.

The in room jacuzzi in a bit confined. It was very clean. I recommend putting up a safety bar to make it easier to climb in and out. The bed and chairs were very comfortable. It's nice the room had a microwave, fridge, and coffee maker. There is also hot, fresh coffee in the lobby. We didn't like having to visit the first floor to get ice. As with most hotels, the vending machine prices were high. Sodas were $2, so if you drink it, bring you own.

The breakfast room was clean. The breakfast bar had a number of selections from oatmeal to Frosted Flakes as well as hot food such as scrambled eggs, sausages, and waffles. The coffee was quite good. We opted for an early breakfast so we could enjoy a swim, hot tub, and in room jacuzzi before the noon check out. Everyone else opted for an early breakfast as well. Even though the room is large with a lot of seating, it can't accommodate everyone. I'd stay there again on another in town getaway. However, if upon our return visit we're greeted with crickets and ants like former visitors, it will be our last time staying there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the compliments regarding the cleanliness of your room and that you really enjoyed your stay here at the Country Inn & Suites, Norman! We have a great staff who are proud of this hotel and are glad that you will be staying with us again next time you are in Norman!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

Since the 1st and 2nd floors were full of crickets and grasshoppers, the ants stayed with us on the 3rd floor. We woke up with ants in our beds. When I went searching for the ice machine on the 3rd floor, I ran into the housekeeper, with my ice bucket in hand, and asked her if this floor has an ice machine. Her response was "No Engli". When we were leaving the hotel, I did not see anyone at the front desk to discuss the issue with the ants. Iwaited for someone to appear, but heard the front desk person talking about personal issues in the room off from the front desk. There were several keys lying on the counter which would tell me the front desk person has not been at the desk for quite some time...this was Sunday morning at 10a when folks are checking out. When I complained to their corporate offices, the assistant to the general manager called me and offered a 25 percent discount in hopes that we would give them another chance. I told her I will never return.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let me know about the concerns you had regarding your stay. I'm sorry that your experiece here wasn't what you expected. I have addressed your comments with the management staff and have taken appropriate measures to make sure they do not happen again.

Durng the time you were here, all of Norman, Moore and parts of southern Oklahoma City experienced a large number of crickets that were trying to escape the record heat. As a result we were one of quite a few hotels that had a lot of crickets seeking air conditioning as well as an escape from the birds that followed them into town. Our exterminators made several service calls to the hotel during that time.

Again, please accept my apologies. Please call me directly next time you are planning a trip to Norman so I can have the opportunity to make it up to you.

Thank you.

David Lamb
Texas Gulf Coast, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed 4 nights at the Country Inn and Suites in Norman, Ok. We were there for our daughter's volleyball camp at O.U. The location is a short drive (abt. 20 min.) to the University but it was also a great location for shopping (near the Sooner Mall) and very close to lots of places to eat. This property was well maintained with a workout room, spa, pool, ice machine and breakfast all on the first floor. Fresh baked cookies in the lobby in the evening with several varieties. The breakfast had options such as fresh fruit (sliced), juices, coffee, muffins and other breads, oatmeal, yogurt, cereals, milk, eggs, bacon or sausage, pastries, waffles, etc. This hotel is a 3 story with inside corridors, well maintained, and newspapers in lobby. The housekeeping staff on our floor didn't speak English at all so we couldn't ask basic questions and she didn't vacuum. She cleaned the bathroom but did minimal cleaning to the room including not emptying a very full waste basket in the room. We sat the trashcan in the hall and called the front desk. They got the hint and emptied it. The staff in the lobby was friendly and answered our questions about the area. We felt safe in this area even at night. The pool was open late at night which was nice for us. The beds were comfortable. We had free internet as well and our cell phone service was excellent too but then again we were on the third floor. The bathroom was large which was nice with teenage girls. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Norman? Share your experiences!