“Great Property and a Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Texas Gulf Coast, Texas
“Great Property and a Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed 4 nights at the Country Inn and Suites in Norman, Ok. We were there for our daughter's volleyball camp at O.U. The location is a short drive (abt. 20 min.) to the University but it was also a great location for shopping (near the Sooner Mall) and very close to lots of places to eat. This property was well maintained with a workout room, spa, pool, ice machine and breakfast all on the first floor. Fresh baked cookies in the lobby in the evening with several varieties. The breakfast had options such as fresh fruit (sliced), juices, coffee, muffins and other breads, oatmeal, yogurt, cereals, milk, eggs, bacon or sausage, pastries, waffles, etc. This hotel is a 3 story with inside corridors, well maintained, and newspapers in lobby. The housekeeping staff on our floor didn't speak English at all so we couldn't ask basic questions and she didn't vacuum. She cleaned the bathroom but did minimal cleaning to the room including not emptying a very full waste basket in the room. We sat the trashcan in the hall and called the front desk. They got the hint and emptied it. The staff in the lobby was friendly and answered our questions about the area. We felt safe in this area even at night. The pool was open late at night which was nice for us. The beds were comfortable. We had free internet as well and our cell phone service was excellent too but then again we were on the third floor. The bathroom was large which was nice with teenage girls. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

If you love to walk with, eat with, and sleep with crickets and grasshoppers then this is the place for you. I never stayed a hotel with so many crickets inside the looby, eating area, and all down the corridoors. They were just walking around the looby floor, huge as hell. Even the one's people step on just laying dead all over. Then the front desk decided to give me a room with no working air conditioning system. So I complained and of course crickets were in the room(first floor) . So we changed floors & rooms and to my suprise 1 of my reservation was changed without my permission. I previously reserved 2 dble bed rooms 1 king suite. They decided to give me 2 king suite and 1 dble bed room. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW THIS HOTEL IS RANKED IN THE TOP TEN OF NORMAN OK. and here is the kicker I was accomendated with a 5% discount and 10,000 gold member points. YOU CAN KEEP IT. COUNTRY INN & CRICKET CITY WON'T EVER SEE ME AGAIN.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

Arrived late, no problem with check-in. The room was cool, clean, quiet and super comfy bed!!! Great location near OU and stores.

• Stayed July 2012
Oskaloosa, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Clean basic hotel. Not as good as other Country Inn & Suites we have been in, but still ok.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I had a reservation for a two queen room, for nearly a month. When I arrived, the two queen room was not available and they tried to put me in a king room, which was not acceptable. No explanation other than the reservation had been changed internally. I had to find different accommodations, at a higher rate. I will not give them a second chance. There are plenty of other options nearby.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norman, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. Like you, I am certainly disappointed that we were not able to have your requested room type available when you arrived. Unfortunately a group in house stayed past their scheduled departure date and subsequently the room type you reserved was not available. This is a rare occasion but unfortunately it happened the day of your arrival and I understand your frustration. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team that this unfortunate situation occurred.

If you are planning another trip to or through Norman, please contact me directly so that I could have the opportunity to earn your business back.

Once again please do accept my apologies.
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

We stay at this hotel on our way to Texas several times a year. It is always clean and comfortable, the breakfast is good and the staff are always friendly. We have never had a problem here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

beautiful property and rooms. stayed for 3 nights and the bed was ever so comfy. great amenities and a caring attentive staff. will definitely return soon! highly recommend to anyone looking for a place well worth the rates, & seeing as I received an awesome discount from internet deal, would still pay the normal rates to stay here again! Thank you again!

Room Tip: Get the whirlpool suite!!!!