“The pretzels are good” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Norman, Oklahoma, United States
“The pretzels are good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

The atmosphere is the main reason I feel this is an "average" rating. It's a cold and not very inviting place to sit. Although, when I think of a German restaurant I think of a cozy little pub that would be welcoming, friendly and maybe a little loud. I didn't get any of that out of our visit. It's actually quite a sterile feel, however the food was good.

Visited February 2014
Skmccall, General Manager at Das Boot Camp Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Hi Amy Q, Thanks for your recent review of Das Boot. Your comments are greatly appreciated and we hope to see you again very soon!

Norman, Oklahoma
“Best dining experience in Norman on any budget!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Das Boot Camp is one of those places you might miss if you aren't looking for it. The food is all made from scratch, the beer is handcrafted, and the prices are unbeatable. Nightly drink specials are priced like its 1950, and are expertly crafted. The apple strudel might be the best dessert I've ever eaten. This is the best meal in Norman.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks so much for your recent review evilspock. We take great pride in delivering food made from scratch as well as handcrafted German beer and are very pleased that you appreciate our efforts. Your comments are greatly appreciated and we truly value your business!
Dodgeville
“Good Food, Fine German Beer, Strange Name”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Das Boot Camp Restaurant & Bar offers fine German beer, and a surprisingly broad menu with well prepared German food. There are healthy options on the menu including salmon. The atmosphere is unique with glass boots hanging from the ceiling. It is a mixture of sports bar and themed decor. I didn't find out the source of the restaurant name. Since Das Boot means "The Boat" in German, I suppose it's a playing on English and German words. Prices are reasonable.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Skmccall, General Manager at Das Boot Camp Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Hi Paul4ejjr, Thank you for your review of Das Boot Camp. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed our restaurant and felt the menu offered a nice variety of dishes. Please visit us again soon!!
Pensacola, Florida
“Food took 40min”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Food was good but took way too long. Especially since the restaurant was empty. The server was nice but didn't seem too concerned about us. He did help us in the end though. We had to take the food to go because we were already late getting back to class.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Skmccall, Manager at Das Boot Camp Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Hi cameradan34, I'm very sorry to hear that your food did not arrive in a timely manner. Normally you should have your food very quickly. You didn't mention the day you were in so it was difficult to research the exact problem but please accept my apology. If you ever encounter an issue at Das Boot in the future, please ask to speak to a manager so we can resolve the issue quickly.
Norman, Oklahoma
“Tasty cuisine, good prices, nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

My friend and I enjoy having lunch dates here. Being a lover of all things German, I enjoy the clean, cultural atmosphere. I have tried several dishes, any sausage is divine; and for someone who doesn't care for pretzels, I could not stop eating there big tasty one with mustard! The only thing I personally did not care for is the mac n cheese. (Maybe a little too foreign for my taste..). The service has always been great, and the prices are very reasonable!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Skmccall, General Manager at Das Boot Camp Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Hi Christina S. Thanks so much for your review of Das Boot. I'm so glad to hear how much you enjoy our food as well as the pricing. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!!