“This place is wonderful! I love it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 291 Restaurants in Norman
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“This place is wonderful! I love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This place is a relatively new restaurant opened by Royal Bavaria. Their menu is much smaller and the prices are about half as much! Fortunately, the quality is the same! The Jäger Schnitzel is the absolute best I have had. The beer is all brewed locally and is just as good as the food and I am not a big beer drinker. My favorite is the Kings Gold. It is very family friendly. Kids meals are around $3.99 and come with a drink. If you like German food or are wanting to try it, I definitely suggest stopping by! Currently, they also have a happy hour from 9pm to 12am every night where you can get 1liter boots of beer for $4. Not sure how long that will last, but make sure you stop on by!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
sntlnd, General Manager at Das Boot Camp Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thanks so much for your recent review of Das Boot. I'm glad to hear that you felt the Jäger Schnitzel was the best you've ever had! Thanks again and we hope to see you again very soon!!

Kentucky
“Solid German Essen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

On a business trip last month six of us met at the Bot Camp, and it was nice to have good food, good friendship, and good service. Our server was very patient is we had people arriving at different times over Ina 30 minute stretch and were never pressured which we all appreciated.

The beer was authentic German! I had a weizen and it was in a traditional German pils glass and it was flavorful. The sausage sampler was very tasty and the entire table ordered schnitzels. The food arrived hot, was very tasty, and came in sizable portions. My Jager schnitzel was tender, the homemade noodles (Spatzle) was definitely homemade, with my only negative item being the gravy which could have been more favorable with more mushrooms (Mit champions).

Parking was very convenient along the street and the prices were extremely reasonable.

Next time you are time in Boomer Sooner land, and you need to unwind after a long day go to the Boot Camp, we will be too.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
sntlnd, General Manager at Das Boot Camp Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write your review of Das Boot Camp. I can see that you are an experienced Trip Advisor reviewer and thank you for you kind words about our food, beer and service! Please visit us again on your next trip to Norman! Boomer Sooner!!!
Suzhou, China
“Das Boot is Das Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

First thing you notice when you go in is how clean, very clean it is. All their dishes are made fresh daily...if they take this much care with their environment, how must they take care of their ingredients?

We had their cheese sausage...amazingly good!
My friend had their spicy sausage and Im glad I didn't...a real mouth burner for those who love that kind of thing. I think it would have been too much for me to really enjoy.
Then we both got the German "noodles" which are more like teeny-tiny rose rock shaped noodles, a very authentic type of experience.
Great waitress too! All in all, very enjoyable experience!

Visited March 2013
Thanks for your review of Das Boot. I'm so glad to hear what an enjoyable experience you had. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!
Norman, Oklahoma
“Pretty good German Essen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Love eating at Das Boot Camp... great schnitzel, good sausages, and overall a great place to get a very filling lunch.

Visited February 2013
sntlnd, General Manager at Das Boot Camp Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thanks for your review of Das Boot. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed everything so much. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Norman, Oklahoma
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you are looking for a good German restaurant, this is it. They are owned by the Royal Bavaria which doesn't open until later in the day. They have a large variety of sausages, the best German potato salad I have had in a long time. I had the brat sandwich which was served on a soft fresh kaiser roll, with swiss and sauerkraut. I was there for an early lunch and as the restaurant started filling up the service remained excellent. Cheerful staff totally.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
We appreciate you great review of Das Boot! I'm very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your Boot Camp Burger and German Potato Salad. We look forward to seeing you again soon.