“Worth a visit - family owned decent place” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Local is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 291 Restaurants in Norman
Cuisines: Eclectic
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 24th
“Worth a visit - family owned decent place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

I never knew it existed in this small town. Pleasant change from heavy cheesy, frozen food places. Tasteful preparations, educated menu- meeting needs of vegetarians, vegans, gluten free food with good taste.
Portion size- by typical American standards a bit smaller. But when I leave the table- I say to myself- eat like a poor man. No free breads or free chips- one remains so used to getting as one takes a cozy seat in a booth. Perhaps some free nuts to munch while food comes would be a good suggestion, I would take if it is my restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Norman, Oklahoma
“Fun girls lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Went here with my girlfriends and we sampled the lunch specials. Very different menu for Norman! and service was excellent. Have a glass of wine and enjoy.

Visited October 2012
Oklahoma City
“Local ingredients, local owners, local goodness.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

I've eaten at Local several times and everything I've eaten has been really great! Risotto, scallops, ravioli, lasagna - all very well prepared and perfectly seasoned. Their cocktail menu is great - I recommend asking for the Bee's Knee's - a Gin based cocktail with honey. Their desserts are great. My wife had the Banana Split Bread Pudding tonight and I got a few bites...it was amazing!
Kids are not only welcome but also have their own area. Give this place a try.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Norman OK
“Food at local slipping”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have been to local many times. i used to love the food and wait staff. The last 2 times I have been there they have really slipped on quality and waiter that served me my ratatouille with a poached egg on top, I asked for it Vegan style. I will still go again but they need to kick it up a notch again.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Norman, Oklahoma
“An Unexpected Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

With such a plain name and due to the location, we really didn't know what to expect. But friends had told us of this new place and we were delightfully surprised! Located in a strip mall on the corner of Main and 24th St., it is tucked away in the corner. Outside the front door is a small patio area for outdoor seating. Upon entering, however, you would have thought you had walked into a restaurant located in Bricktown in Oklahoma City.

The decor is tastefully done in, what I would call, aquatic colors of blue and green. Their private banquet areas have artwork by local artists that are for sale. To appeal to families, there is a colorful playground area for children to occupy themselves while waiting on the food.

Their philosophy is to use "locally sourced" food so their menu may vary throughout the season. They also have daily specials based on food items of market.

We the Warm Goat Cheese for an appetizer, the "Big Salad" consisting of organic greens with roasted okra, roasted carrots, marinated eggplant and cherry tomatoes. We decided on the Fish Tacos for our entree. Everything was unique, well-prepared, well-displayed, and made with fresh ingredients. And the service was top quality!

They have a good selection of wines and imported beers, as well as a full bar. I enjoyed the Jalapeno-Hibiscus Margarita and my wife enjoyed a Caipirinha.

The next time we go back, we plan on trying the table-side Absinthe Service! They also have "happy hour" and serve a "family-style" Sunday brunch. I believe they also have entertainment on certain evenings.

Overall, one of the most enjoyable meals we have had in Norman!

• Visited September 2012