“Mexican food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
LAS CRUCES
“Mexican food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

You walk up to the counter, order and pay, take a number, and the food is brought to you. There are a lot of wooden booths on one side and a bar on the other with 3 TVS going (with different programs). There also seems to be seating in the back and to one side. It was crowded at lunch. They have the usual tacos, burritos, etc. We got the fish tacos(2) with mango sauce which were good and not too spicy. It also came with beans, as I recall. It is a bit noisy. They do not serve desserts, but they do have (regular) coffee. We asked because we had to wait for a colleague to come fetch us, and we were done with our lunch.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Norman, Oklahoma
“Best tortilla soup!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Most people I know rave about Pepe Delgados' food. To me, most of it is just OK. But the tortilla soup? Oh my god, the tortilla soup is the best outside of the sopa de lima I've had in the Yucatan. Wow!

Visited July 2013
DFW, TX
“Huge Portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

You can definitely share, here. Chips and salsa not provided gratis. Not too spicy, which was great for me, but bland for my daughter.

Visited June 2013
“Best nachos and sauces ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Even though you order and pay at the counter and then they bring your food, it is always delicious!!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“Great Food & Friendly Local Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I was visiting Norman and remembered a friend had suggested this restaurant to me. I am very conscientious about what I eat and knowing that it isn't always easy to make a healthy choice with Mexican food, I decided to give it a try.

I am so happy I did!! The menu had so many nice and different options. I was studying it and trying to make a good choice. This is where the great service of Ricardo comes in. I was telling him what types of foods I can eat and he helped me zero in on some items. Not only that but after I ordered the first item without the cheese he remembered that and asked me if I also wanted to hold the cheese on the second item. I had not even thought about that. How great is that?!

The lettuce on the salad was romaine lettuce and was very fresh as we're the tomatoes. The guacamole was great as were the bean & veggie tacos. Yummy! Next time I visit family in Norman, I will definitely eat a meal at Pepe Delgado's!

• Visited December 2012