“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Norman
Oklahoma
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

The customer service was great! We were right next to a movie theater and very close to shopping and food!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
st louis, missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

My wife and I stayed at this Holiday Inn to and from Santa Fe, NM from St Louis. It is difficult to locate because of the incredibly bad highway system around Oklahoma City!!!! It took us 2 1/2 hours of circular, senseless driving to get us back to the highway we needed to go onto Santa Fe. What a mess. Getting there was okay, but leaving was not. Also getting there from Santa Fe was a nightmare of confusing highways.

Once we arrived, there was unnecessary confusion with our room. We were exhausted, and when we were told they didn't have a room for us, we blew up. Fortunately, one of the men was cool headed enough to take care of it all . Later, the rude man of the two apologized to me. But the room we were given was HOT.No one offered an alternative, just excuses. Ugh--but it eventually cooled down for comfort. Thank God, the hotel had been remodeled a year before --this made our stay! The room was very attractive and the bed was WONDERFUL. The indoor pool was disgustingly HOT (no A/C in the room) and the doors to the outside blistering heat were left open!! It made us ill and we needed to exercise in the water. This was one of the reasons we booked there--the pool. No one offered any ideas except pizza for us to eat so we had it delivered--it was okay, but not good enough. But since the room and the bed was terrific, and the man at the desk promised we would get a cool room on our return trip, and that sometning would be done to improve the pool isses, we booked for the next week.

Our return visit could have been a disaster. They had set us up in the same HOT room. WHAT? When we took our bags to the room, it was even HOTTER than before. We begged for another and we got a wonderful COLD room we could make less frigid easily. AHHHH....Nice. It was also a disabled access room which meant that the toilet was not on the floor and there were bars to hold onto in the shower. Very nice. Then the woman at the desk suggested a restaurant very close by, gave us a coupon and it turned out to be an excellent choice. NO PIZZA! Great. The next morning I went for a swim and found that the pool was warm but not HOT and the manager helped to cool off the room--within minutes I was happy as can be. It felt great. Then we enjoyed a FREE hot breakfast--also very nice. We slept very well, ate very well and enjoyed the entire return visit! When a hotel tries hard to make its guests feel good, it works. Thank you! Our 9 hour drive home was pleasant because of the management and the staff at this Holday Inn.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Kansas City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

I saw somewhere they had renovated the hotel in 2009, for the most part they did....just didn't do the shower/tub combo. Mine was in pretty bad shape.

I was there for 4 nights and on the last night their wireless internet was down when I got to the hotel around 4:00 p.m. and was still not up in the morning..... not good for a business traveler who depends on it. It really seemed like the front desk person didn't really care that the internet was down...fairly rude when all I did was ask if it would be back up at all.

Just not impressed...I'm a Platinum member of the chain and have had better overall stays at their lower HI Express hotels.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Charlotte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

I stayed at this hotel this past weekend and from the moment I walked through the door, I was very pleased 1st with the friendliness of the staff, they greeted myself and my daughter with such professionalism and kindness, the hotel had the most pleasant smell when you walked in the door and then off to the room , which was a pleasant surprise from where we normally stay in OKC. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated. When I drove back from Norman to Dallas where I had to take a flight , I chose that chain in Dallas as well and joined the rewards program , I will be a forever customer because of my stay at this very hotel in Norman,OK.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
NEBRASKA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

Got a great rate, quick speedy service, excellent clean rooms and comfortable bed.
Good coffee and creamers in the lobby. Breakfast was really good and the attendant was on top of everything. Thanks.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

We stayed here for my birthday and I must say they have the best customer service I have ever seen! The hotel is right next door to the movie theater and very close to the mall, restaurants, and casino. We will be staying again!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
North Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

Everything about my two night stay here was very nice. My stay was on a Sunday and Monday. The hotel was active but quiet. The new rooms are excellent.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo

Been to The Norman Hotel? Share your experiences!