“Only Restaurant Open on Sunday” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 118 Restaurants in Muskogee
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Peoria, AZ
“Only Restaurant Open on Sunday”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

On our trip across the country, my adult daughter and I ate dinner here. The choice was made simply because it was the only non-chain restaurant we could find open on a Sunday night. The atmosphere is definitely eclectic. One girl, our server, seemed to be running the entire place - cleaning, taking tables, answering the phone, etc. She was very sweet but definitely had challenges. She had to start off by telling us everything that was not available that night.

Peanuts on the table were very stale. Other than that, the food was pretty good - we both had the pulled pork sandwich. I wouldn't return to this restaurant, but for the only option, it was ok.

• Visited August 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Bolivar, Tennessee
“Very filling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Dinner was great! No one walked away from dinner hungry. Only compliant was on the sign it said homemade ice cream. But after dinner when we were going to order it there was no homemade ice cream that night. I felt that if it was on the sign it should be offered for dinner every night. Other than that it was great! Server was amazing and very attentive!

Visited July 2014
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“This place made us sick!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My family stopped in on our way to the race track coming from Tulsa. There were a lot of cars in the parking lot so I assumed this had to be a good place to eat. We were seated quickly but, it took at least five minutes before our waitress took our drink order. That's not too bad really but longer than it should have been. When we got our drinks the sweet tea was not sweet. Later we heard a different waitress tell another table that someone forgot to sugar the tea. Nothing was done to rectify our teas and we weren't offered a refill until after we got the bill. My wife and I decided to try the ribs. We shared a whole rack. When we got our plates one slab of ribs was completely charred on one side and the dish was plated in a manner that seemed like the cook knew this and tried to hide it. My wife told the waitress and she brought us out another half rack. Last night I began to feel nauseous and this morning my wife woke up feeling the same. In closing the service was slow and inexperienced. Teenagers seemed to be their wait staff. The food made us sick and for the over all quality, the entire menu was very over priced. For what they're charging they could at least make real mashed potatoes instead of the instant crap we were served. Even the chicken fried steak my daughter ordered seems like low brow frozen crap. Thanks for the upset stomach. DO NOT EAT HERE!! IT SUCKED!!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Just ok.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

The food was pretty good, although the peanuts provided at each table were very stale. I thought I'd ordered grilled chicken tenders, but ended up with fried tenders. That may have been my mistake, but our waiter made so many other mistakes, that I'm not so sure. I'm not sure he got anything correct, except my husband's entree, which was chopped brisket sandwich. My husband said it was "just okay," nothing special, and he would not order it again. Even though our waiter had very few tables to wait on, he acted very distracted, and only mumbled his questions and answers to us. We would not go back. Our hostess was very friendly, and she worked hard.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Texas
“Ok place guess guess that's why they call it Okies”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Had the strip steak, didn't have any flavor for a rare steak. Not many places to eat in Muskogee so go there out of convenience. Not real good but it's ok.

• Visited March 2014