“Won't return” 2 of 5 stars

Fayetteville, Arkansas
26 attraction reviews
“Won't return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We were staying in Ft. Smith and drove 1.5 hours to go to the haunted house only because the haunted trolley ride was booked. We had no way to print advance tickets. It was extremely crowded. I don't know why they don't open longer - at least on the weekends - instead of only 3-4 hours and cramming thousands of people in there at once. They were supposed to open at 6, but nothing really did until 7. There was about a 45 minute wait for tickets and then another hour wait to get into the haunted houses. We ended up not doing any of them. Their advertisements led me to believe there was a pub somewhere where we could eat and have a beer and we were STARVING when we arrived. The information desk was useless. I seriously asked 3 times where we could sit down and have food. The lady at the info desk just waved her arms in a general direction never answering my question. I don't recall the name of the food booth we ended up getting food from. My bf had a philly sandwich which was basically onions and peppers. I had potato soup in a bread bowl. The soup was okay, although I really dislike green peppers and that's all I could taste, and the bread bowl was like a giant stale hamburger bun. I threw it away and got a soft pretzel w/cheese from another booth. It wasn't good either. Instead of giving cheese to dip the preztel in, they just slathered a little bit on top of it. I saw a lady walking around with an owl and tried to take a picture. She came up to me and said I could only take pictures if I gave a donation. I did, but felt taken advantage of. We left and went to Denny's. We would not go back unless they opened all day on weekends to spread out the traffic so you don't spend two hours waiting in line when they are only open 3-4.

12 attraction reviews
“Halloween fun for families and friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I've been to this Halloween attraction many times throughout the years. Last time was around 5 yrs ago and can say it's gotten better and bigger. Plan ahead though.. we were in stop and go traffic this past Sat once we hit Muskogee. That was a first and a sign the Castle's still a huge attraction. We bought our tickets online so they could scan instead of waiting in line for them. They did a pretty good job with workers directing traffic once in the park. And as expected, the lines to each tour were pretty long, but well worth it! They've updated the scare tactics and have plenty of workers everywhere to help, serve and scare. I hope they're paid well as they work very hard to keep the crowds entertained. There are several tours to choose from, individual to pkg deals, from kid friendly to adult so a little something for everyone. From a pain to getting there and having been before, I was surprised just how fun and different it was. Guess I'll be going back :)

Owasso, Oklahoma
27 attraction reviews
“Fun Night at the Castle's Halloween Festival”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We've been attending the Halloween Festival since our teenage children were toddlers. It's an annual event for us since we find little else in Green Country to do throughout the Fall unless you like haunted houses. We arrived and parked in well marked rows and had no problem finding the castle itself since it's tall and well lit. We go early to enjoy the opening dance. Things got off to a slow start on opening night which we didn't mind but I was surprised that the food vendors were not up and running at that time. It would have been nice to enjoy a beverage or snack while we waited but we were told at each booth that they had not received their cash drawers at that time. Lines at the food booths are long and few of them also sell beverages so I advise everyone to get your drinks first before getting in a food line or you'll be eating cold food. For example it took 20 minutes to get a funnel cake after the order was placed. This was an unusual wait time so we tried to be patient since it was opening night and a few glitz's are expected. I am only aware of 3 bathroom locations within the park. Unfortunately one of the ladies rooms didn't have lights so everyone headed to another location where we found water on the floor and only a trickle of water to wash our hands. It was sufficient but I don't enjoy trekking through water. I didn't notice changing tables for those of you with infants in diapers. The line for the hayride is always long so be prepared for a lengthy wait for the haunted hayride. We had a great time. The staff dresses in costumes and interacts with the guests throughout the evening. Compared to theme parks, the prices for food, beverages and various activities are affordably priced. The gift shops have a wonderful selection of items for everyone. Park security has improved immensely in the last couple years so we didn't notice groups of unsupervised teens running through the park as we have in the past. Parents also can no longer drop off children at the gates and leave them unattended. There is no cover charge at the gates and there is plenty of free parking.

oklahoma
“The castle is really fun for RenFair and Halloween.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

It's a cool place for families or even datenight. I usually bring my kids one night and a date on another weekend. Good times.

Visited October 2012
5 attraction reviews
“Halloween is good, renaissance fair isn't bad.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Teens & young adults would love the haunted castle. Renaissance festival is ok, if you're into that kinda thing. Christmas inflatable drive through is good for families too.

Visited December 2012

Been to The Castle of Muskogee? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The Castle of Muskogee, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later