“Great Pho, Great People” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 116 Restaurants in Moore
Moore, Oklahoma
“Great Pho, Great People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We have been going to Pho Lan when they were over by the Walmart in Moore. Actually, it's my husband and I's "place". He proposed to me there (don't judge us). Got right down on the floor in front of our giant bowls of pho and asked me to be his wife. Now if that ain't romance I don't know what is. :)

When they moved I was heartbroken, but then they reopened and life was good again. And now they serve BEER so YAY! I can get my hot pho and cold beer and be happy as a clam. I also get the vanilla bean boba smoothie for dessert.

They know us in there too, we always feel welcome. Kind of like Cheers but with soup.

Visited July 2014

“Good Vietnamese in a nice setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I was in the area for a couple of weeks and was craving some authentic light Vietnamese fare and Pho Lan was a good choice. I had the grilled pork rice platter for lunch one day - very good, nice grilled meat and good fish sauce. The next visit to Pho Lan - since it was so hot out - I had a lighter lunch with the Bahn Xeo (Vietnamese Crepe) and the fried tofu - the crepe DELICIOUS.

The restaurant is modern, clean and comfortable. The staff very friendly and helpful.

If you are looking for some good Vietnamese in the Norman, Moore area - this is a good choice.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Moore, Oklahoma
“Hit and a Miss for us”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

The restaurant is very clean and modern. The staff is friendly but a little absent. We have been looking forward to the opening of this restaurant. Sad it was a disappointment. I had heard that they had made to order pho. But they told me no and no Vietnamese dishes with chicken. If you want chicken you have about four choices (Chinese food). Then I asked about vegetarian and he said not really. Pork? He pointed to a few dishes but seemed uninterested in helping with an extensive menu.

I ended up order Bun Dac Biet (Combination Vermicelli Bowl: Grilled Pork, Grilled Chicken, Grilled Shrimp, BBQ Pork, & Spring Roll). My mother ordered Com Suon Nuong (Grilled Pork Chop with Shredded Pork, Fried Egg, and rice) and 2 waters. For my lunch the grilled shrimp was a single small piece of shrimp on a skewer, the vegetables were fresh but it and the vermicelli were bland, no seasoning on anything for the dish. My mothers rice was good. Now for the meat on both dishes. I have to wonder if the meat was getting old or an inexperienced cook? For both meals the meat was so over cooked and so dry it was almost jerky. Hers was so sickeningly sweet to being inedible. The condiments were also extremely sweet and the spicy was just so smoky, not spicy. My mother who will not let anything go to waste only ate the rice. And we had to ask several times for more water and a long time for our tab, $16.80. The restaurant only had two other diners.

There are just too many other choices out there that are simply divine for us to go back there again.

However my canine would totally disagree with this review as she thought they were both delicious (after washing off the sauce).

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Kalispell, Montana
“Outstanding Vietnamese Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

My son says that Pho is the Asian version of Jewish chicken noodle soup...it is good for ailments and hangovers. Not being ill or a drinker I can't vouch for the medicinal properties. However, as far as taste and service the Pho Lan is outstanding. I tried the Grilled Chicken Summer Rolls and Rice Noodle Soup with Chicken the first time and the BBQ Pork Summer Roll and the Rice Noodle Soup with Brisket the second time...delicious. I give the slightest edge to the brisket in taste (personal choice). Unless you have a huge appetite do not order the Large bowl - the Medium is sizable enough for most people. Clean, well-lit, attentive staff and excellent food...everything a restaurant should be.

• Visited February 2014