“Authentic Mediterranean Food that you can afford!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 116 Restaurants in Moore
Cuisines: Mediterranean
“Authentic Mediterranean Food that you can afford!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We invited my sister and brother-in-law for dinner and a movie New Year's Eve. Because we were going to the movie,, my brother-in-law chose a restaurant close to the Warren. It was perfect. Having lived in Turkey for seven years, my sister and her husband could not believe how authentic and delicious the food was. My husband and I loved it, as well. The big plus is that the price was great. A true value. The restaurant itself is modest, so it is great for a casual, relaxed evening out. We will definitely be returning.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Enid, Oklahoma
“EXcellent food-Super Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This restaurant was suggested by our office coordinator as a really neat place to go. Deciding to give it a try, 5 of us from the office including the person doing the recommending went to lunch. We were immediately greeted by one of the most respectable young men we had ever met. His service wowed us. He made suggestions, told us his favorites, told us a little about himself (just graduated high school-saving for college and had a neat old car) and then delivered the best Hummus I have ever had. The pita was fresh and warm and the remainder of lunch was just as good. This will definitely be on our lunch list.Date of visit was Wednesday July 24,2013. Thanks Hummus Mediterranean Cafe

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Moore, Oklahoma, United States
“Wonderful place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

After passing this little cafe many many times, my husband and I finally decided to stop and check things out. The server was a very nice young man that gave us suggestions and explained each dish. One of his suggestions was the Shish Tawook (chicken kabab); man oh man! I still have cravings for them. I am not sure what they were marinated in, but they had some of the best flavors. Oh the Hummus is also excellent.

The place was very clean and everyone very friendly.

We will definitely be making this a regular stop.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
OKC, OK
“Excellent casual dining restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have passed by this a few times before, but we finally had opportunity to be in the area at a mealtime so tried it. We were very pleased. This is in a small strip shopping center, on 19th Street in Moore, about a quarter mile east of a major shopping area. It is about a mile west from I-35, so very convenient to get to.

We found it a charming casual dining restaurant. Nice colors, light scones, and comfortable. There is indoor and patio dining. Behind the restaurant there is also a small area lake replete with Canadian Geese.

We had a hummus appetizer - the garlic hummus and the jalapeño hummus. What they do with the flavors is add the fresh ingredients on top of the hummus. It was quite good. The jalapeño head enough, but not too much fire. The garlic hummus was also quite good, though it's a lot of fresh garlic, so be prepared!!

We each had a pita sandwich - one a chicken pita and one kofta pita. Both were excellent. One can substitute a small salad for French Fries and we did so. We had a Greek salad and Fatoush salad respectively. Each were excellent.

The pita bread, while good, is quite white. So not to be put off by that. I usually see more grill marks, but it didn't adversely affect the taste.

The young lady we had as our server was so friendly and helpful, wanting to make our first experience positive, and it was.

Moore has more fast food and chain casual dining, so we see this as quite a positive addition to the area. Easy on and off the interstate.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Norman, Oklahoma
“An interesting place with excellent hummus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I visited this restaurant recently after hearing good comments about it. The decor is very modern and the light was just right,not too bright but not extra dark. Service was average, mainly very young people who at times have to be reminded to bring this or that, although in general they are nice.

I have to say that what impressed me the most about what we ate at this place was the hummus, it is very good and they have 8 different types of hummus. Price for the hummus varies from $4 -$6 dollars. The hummus platter comes with a good portion of arab bread and the amount of hummus is pretty generous. In fact I think you could almost make a meal of the hummus platter and get extra bread for a dollar.

I was less happy with the combo platter (Kofta and chicken shis tawook ) with rice. For $12 I felt that there was not that much meat and much more rice. I love rice, but I felt I did not need to pay $12 to enjoy god rice.

It is a nice place and the hummus is really very good so I will probably return and feast of different types of hummus.

There is a cheaper lunch menu.

• Visited February 2013