“Genghis Grill - Refreshingly Good!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 116 Restaurants in Moore
Cuisines: Mongolian
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Genghis Grill - Refreshingly Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting much when my sister suggested going here. I'd never been to a Genghis Grill before and wasn't really sure how the food would be. I was on a pretty strict diet, but I was surprisingly able to get a really delicious meal that was really healthy!

If you've never been, you are seated at a table where you can order appetizers and order your drinks, then you're given your bowl and a small cup for sauce and you work through a line, similar to a buffet, where you chose your protein, seasonings, veggies, sauces, and what starch you want. The protein and veggie selection is HUGE (though I was a little sad that there was no shrimp, but our server told us that if they had kept it on the line, they would have had to raise the price of the bowls $3) with just about anything you could want! I went for chicken breast and scallops, with a little garlic, lemon pepper, and salt for seasonings. I chose spinach, bean sprouts, onions, and mushrooms for veggies. I tried a few of the sauces, but decided that since I didn't know what was in them, I'd leave them off (like I said, kind of strict diet). I also opted out of a starch. My server told me that if I wanted, I could substitute cabbage for a starch, which turned out really really good! I told them I just wanted a little oil in mine, and when I got it at the table, I just added a bit of low-sodium soy sauce. It was SO GOOD!! Much better than I expected! And the prices were really good for how much food you get.

We started with steamed edamame, which was delicious. Everything was really nice! I'd definitely go back.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Norman, Oklahoma
“Elderly People Not Welcomed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

My family and I have ate here several times and never had any issues. The food itself is pretty good. However, we went to eat this past week with four elderly family members and the hostess personnel were awful! We asked for a table for 7 without a step and without any of the taller chairs. You would have thought we were asking for something ridiculous! Then we were asked to sit outside on the patio. My response was "no thank you. We'll stay inside". That day we were having wind gust of up to 40 miles per hour, it was raining off and on and it was cold. We asked them about moving two tables together that were available they told us that they couldn't do that so they were waiting for this other family to leave to give us their spot. After waiting for 25 minutes they finally pushed the initital two tables we inquired about together and sat us. No apology, no manager, no nothing.

Our waitress was very kind and the food was good but the hostess personnel and management...not so much!

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Blanchard
“Gheghis Grill Review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

If you love Stirfry then you will love Gheghis Grill. They will give you 1 big bowl for you meats & vegi's & 1 small bowl for you sauce, then once you picked out your meats, vegi's, & sauce then you give it to the cook to cook it. Then the waitress will then bring the food to you table for you. I guarantee it that you will love it. A must restaurant to eat at.

Visited January 2014
Mustang, Oklahoma
“It was better the last time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Cara and I recently visited the Genghis Grill, it was not our first time so we knew what to expect. We started out with the edamame and when it came out it looked awful, I gave it a try and sure enough it was bad! The waitress ask us how it was and I let her know it wasn't good so she recommended the pot stickers, they were much better! As for the bowl, the meats and veggies seemed to be freash but it just wasn't as good as the last time we had it, I'm not sure if it was just what I picked but Cara said hers was just fine. I'll give it another chance.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oklahoma City
“Funnest Family Food in Moore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

My family loves eating here and seeing who can fill their bowl the highest! Very good value for your money. Use sausage slices and water chestnuts to build your wall higher. Ask for eggs and two starches when you give your bowl at the grill. And finally, get extra sauces for your food after its delivered to table (you have to ask now). Make sure you're in the frequent eater club - after 10 bowls you get one free!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to GENGHIS GRILL? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage GENGHIS GRILL, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.