“Good hotel - good cookies!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Midwest City
McDonough, Georgia
“Good hotel - good cookies!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The desk staff were very nice and helpful - even put out hot, freshly-baked cookies for the guests. The lobby area was very pretty for a hotel in this price range and we enjoyed watching the news in the morning during breakfast. We had no beef with the channel that was on - enjoyed it instead. The breakfast was not as bountiful as what we had expected after looking up the hotel on the internet but it was a bit more than the usual muffin, bagel, or cold cereal.
We did not have any trouble with the bedding or see any suggestion of bed bugs. The room was very clean and the bathroom was exceptionally nice. We did not mind the Walmart across the street because we needed to go there anyway.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Well-appointed, clean and pleasant. Breakfast is a good value (though the TV in the dining area is on WAY too loud, and watching Fox News propaganda is not my idea of a pleasant dining experience). Good location (nothing the hotel can do about the lousy view of the hideous Wal-Mart) an pleasant staff. We will return.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for seven days while I was attending a seminar. We found no evidence of the bedbug problem the other reviewers mentioned. I did see a couple of crickets in the hall when going to breakfast but it's that time of year.
I chose this hotel over a nearby one recommended by the seminar organizers because it was less expensive, and has free wi-fi. Wi-fi was required for our work at the seminar and the more expensive hotel also had additional charges for it.
Our room was typical for a HI Express, more comfortable than some. I liked the two-level desk that made it easy to write on my laptop.
Kevin at the front desk greeted us well. I needed to check out a bit late the last day of the conference because it didn't end until 1 p.m. I was able to work this out with him.
There were no restaurants adjacent to the hotel but we found several within easy driving distance.
My only complaints: One was that the business center did not have Microsoft Word or Microsoft Office programs, making it difficult to do one assignment I had for the conference. Also, the breakfast didn't have quite as good a selection as some of the HI Express properties where we have stayed. At others you usually got biscuits and gravy, plus some form of breakfast meat. Here there was either biscuits and gravy or meat, plus the prefab omelets.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Super clean, newer property, large rooms, good mattres, close to base, Wal Mart is across the street-a plus for business travelers, and very friendly staff. Highly recommend ying here! What else is there to say to meet the 200 character minimum?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

I used points for my granddaughter's birthday overnight. She, her friend, older sister and mother had a blast. She called me and was very wound-up with excitement. They spent their time in the pool.
The desk clerk was absolutely great and my granddaughter is looking forward to next year. Thanks HEI for being so great.

Stayed September 2012
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The credit card was charged twice which left minimal funds on the card. The manager had a very nasty disposition. He claimed there was not a corporate office to contact. He also stated the owner was not available and would not return until Monday. Telling us to deal with the bank. The manager was the one that charged the card a second time after the complete bill was already paid. He is definitely in need of Platinum Customer Service 101. This is not a place I would recommend. There were also bed bugs which managment did not want to take the responsibility for and just completely ignored the situation. My entire group that consisted of 32 people was a nightmare. It seems as though there only concern is booking rooms to make a $1.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Midwest City, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Michelle S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. We value your comments as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tampa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

This hotel used to be a dream place for me to stay when traveling, now my dreams have turn into reoccuring nightmares that visit me constantly. The experience that myself and the other 31 Guests experienced at this establishment was absolutely deplorable. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Please beware, not just of the the "BED BUGS" but the Crickets who boldly hop into bed with you, that are the size of locusts. Many of the people that I traveled with suffered from bites and rashes as a result of this BED BUG infestation. Upon arrival there was a musty order that lingered in the Hotel Lobby, ( should've known ) but I never imagined what we would be facing in the 5 days to come. SHEER AND UTTER HORROR. If that wasn't bad enough the Hotel Staff was rude, and lacked any sympathy for what we had endured, they even insinuated that we brought the BED BUGS into the hotel. WOW!!!!!! The General Manager claimed that the Holiday Inn Express in Midwest City on SOONER RD, never experienced a Bed Bug infestation, then later on in the conversation stated that the Holiday Inn Express Midwest City Sooner Rd) in fact had an issue with Bed Bugs in two rooms but the were treated. I IMPLORE anyone who is planning a vacation, and has considered this establistment as a place of rest for you and your family, to you I say PLEASE reconsider. If you do check in I GUARNTEE you wont be the only Guests to occupy your room.. Just lift up your mattresses..

Room Tip: Rooms are infested with bed bugs. Purchase some Pronto from across the Wal-mart across the street i...