“Nice Hotel and Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base)

You added Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base) to your Saves list
Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1833 Center Drive, Midwest City, OK 73110   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Midwest City
Roland, Oklahoma
“Nice Hotel and Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed at this Hampton because it was close to the Sheraton where my son was staying before he left for the Military. As with most all Hamptons, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good with a nice assortment to choose from. I needed a printer, and they have a room with a computer and printer, which was very nice and at no extra charge. Our room was clean, comfortable and had a microwave, refrigerator, free wifi. Their location is convenient, and parking is abundant. They were remodeling when we stayed, even though we weren't aware of this it wouldn't deter us from staying again, every hotel has to remodel at sometime. Would stay again if back in OKC.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Spent just one night there but it was a great place to stay. Nice to have a frig/microwave in the room. Breakfast was good, clean area and excellent staff there to help. Would stay here again if we ever go thru OKC.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hampton1833, General Manager at Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base), responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you so much! What a nice review. I will pass this along to the staff. Please come see us anytime, we would love to have you again. Thank you! Lindsey Smith, General Manager
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Lets start off with the bad. Dont get a smoking room!!! It smelled horrible!! This coming from a smoker. The carpet should be replaces and a newer couch would help.

Now the good, the Jacuzzi was clean and nice. Staff was super helpful and nice. Breakfast was good and the free cookies were to die for. Very clean basic hotel. Flats screens were on deck. I would go back again for business. Not for pleasure. Thats only cause I have high standards.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for writing a review for us. I am so sorry about the smell of the smoking room, and will certainly look into deeper cleaning solutions. I am so happy that everything else was great. Please come see us anytime, we would love to have you again! Lindsey Smith, General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

I first starting staying at this property in 2009 on business. Now I stay there when I come to OKC for business or pleasure. I love the rooms. I like the fact that there is a frig/microwave in each room and that the rooms are quiet. The breakfast is good with quite a bit of variety. Close to shopping and quick drive to downtown. The property and guest rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly. I will definitely stay at this hotel again. I love Hampton Inn!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hampton1833, General Manager at Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base), responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so happy that you were pleased with you stay, and continue to come here. We would love to serve you again! Have a great week. Lindsey Smith, General Manager
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We were in a handicapped room and the room was very roomy and spacious, that was to accommodate the wheelchair. There was a seat thing in the bathtub when we arrived and we had to remove it from the tub since we didn't need it. The shower head came down if you needed to use it and it had different settings for comfort. I wish they would have let us know that we were going to be in a handicapped room because it was a surprise- perhaps that was all that was available.
We were on the first floor and we could hear everything outside of our door. I don't know if that is normal or not for a handicapped room but that was a bit annoying to hear everyone walking by constantly or even the housekeepers cleaning other rooms. Speaking of housekeepers, they kept knocking on the door and I told them numerous times to come back later. We got in late the previous night so for them to knock on the door to try to clean so early in the morning constantly was quite annoying.
They have a pool on the first floor right down the hall on the way to any room on the right so the smell of chlorine is in the air in that area. They have a rattan type covering in front of the windows but anyone passing by can look inside and see you. It still looked like fun!
The exercise room had a treadmill and a bike. There wasn't an eliptical- which is what I use when I am exercising.
The breakfast wasn't too bad, the lady working there was very nice. A guy came to get juice after breakfast hours was over and the lady turned the juice machine back on for him. I don't even know if he realized she didn't have to do that. The choices were fine- not an overabundance but there were several choices with some hot foods as well. One thing I LOVE about Hampton Inn is that if you are there on a trip and don't have time to actually go and eat in the dining area they have bagged breakfasts for those on the go. I think it is called something like that- Breakfast On The Go- there is a brown bag with a muffin, cereal bar, piece of fruit, bottle of water and that type of thing. This is great if you don't have time to stop. They do this at all of their hotels as far as I know and it helps business travelers to have breakfast when you are running late.
The people at the front desk are very nice and will help you all they can. The bed was comfortable and the hotel was clean.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room on the first floor unless you are handicapped or want to smell chlorine from t...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hampton1833, Owner at Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base), responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback on our hotel. I am glad you were pleased with the staff. I am so sorry about the noise in the hallway, but love that you enjoyed breakfast! We are very proud of our full hot breakfast, and our staff, so I will certainly pass the compliments along. Thanks again, and please come see us anytime!
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We had kept our granddaughter for a year while my son was deployed to Afghanistan. Then when he got caught in the Colorado wildfires, we decided to meet in Oklahoma City to return the baby and stayed for three days at this Hampton Inn. There is a great deal of road construction which makes it confusing to get to the hotel, but once we did, we had a very good experience. The lobby is clean and inviting, and the desk clerks, if not particularly friendly, are pleasant and efficient. Our room was clean, well supplied, and contained two beds and a small closet kitchenette with refrigerator, microwave, and small coffeemaker. The breakfast area is large and not overcrowded, and a fresh, tasty breakfast with cold and hot items is served, with the selections changing daily. Cookies, coffee, milk, and bottled water are also available in the afternoon, and upon checkout, we were encouraged to take a "grab and go" bag to have something to snack on while we drove. My son was able to use his computer with no trouble, and I took the grandbaby to the indoor pool, which was FREEZING, so I sat in the jacuzzi while she played. If I had any suggestions at all, I wish there had been a fan in the bathroom, as it was very hot and humid, and by the time four of us bathed/showered, the room had become quite steamy. As the hotel is located very close to Tinker AFB, we were given a great military rate. I don't think we will ever need to travel to Oklahoma City again, but if we do and the non-military rate is reasonable, we would definitely choose to stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hampton1833, General Manager at Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base), responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I remember you and your family, and we enjoyed having you! I will certainly look into the temperature of the pool. I am so glad everything else was great, and that you enjoyed yourself. If you are ever in Midwest City again, we would LOVE to have you back. Thanks so much!
Cary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel a few times. Clean and friendly staff. Pool is small, and the hot tub really has never worked. It is more like a lukewarm swirling pool. Breakfast is what you would expect. Our last room the AC was not working, we moved to another room. This is a good location to go downtown or to Tinker. Easy on and off 1-40.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base), responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor. We are so glad that you were pleased with our hotel, but I will certainly look into the hot tub and AC issues, and make sure we get that corrected. We would love to see you again! Thank you, Lindsey Smith

Been to Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base)? Share your experiences!