“Standard Hampton Inn - a good place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base)

You added Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base) to your Saves list
Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1833 Center Drive, Midwest City, OK 73110   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Midwest City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
South Carolina
“Standard Hampton Inn - a good place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We had kept our granddaughter for a year while my son was deployed to Afghanistan. Then when he got caught in the Colorado wildfires, we decided to meet in Oklahoma City to return the baby and stayed for three days at this Hampton Inn. There is a great deal of road construction which makes it confusing to get to the hotel, but once we did, we had a very good experience. The lobby is clean and inviting, and the desk clerks, if not particularly friendly, are pleasant and efficient. Our room was clean, well supplied, and contained two beds and a small closet kitchenette with refrigerator, microwave, and small coffeemaker. The breakfast area is large and not overcrowded, and a fresh, tasty breakfast with cold and hot items is served, with the selections changing daily. Cookies, coffee, milk, and bottled water are also available in the afternoon, and upon checkout, we were encouraged to take a "grab and go" bag to have something to snack on while we drove. My son was able to use his computer with no trouble, and I took the grandbaby to the indoor pool, which was FREEZING, so I sat in the jacuzzi while she played. If I had any suggestions at all, I wish there had been a fan in the bathroom, as it was very hot and humid, and by the time four of us bathed/showered, the room had become quite steamy. As the hotel is located very close to Tinker AFB, we were given a great military rate. I don't think we will ever need to travel to Oklahoma City again, but if we do and the non-military rate is reasonable, we would definitely choose to stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hampton1833, General Manager at Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base), responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I remember you and your family, and we enjoyed having you! I will certainly look into the temperature of the pool. I am so glad everything else was great, and that you enjoyed yourself. If you are ever in Midwest City again, we would LOVE to have you back. Thanks so much!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Cary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel a few times. Clean and friendly staff. Pool is small, and the hot tub really has never worked. It is more like a lukewarm swirling pool. Breakfast is what you would expect. Our last room the AC was not working, we moved to another room. This is a good location to go downtown or to Tinker. Easy on and off 1-40.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base), responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor. We are so glad that you were pleased with our hotel, but I will certainly look into the hot tub and AC issues, and make sure we get that corrected. We would love to see you again! Thank you, Lindsey Smith
Waxahachie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I have stayed at this Hampton Inn several times over the past few years. The staff is great, the rooms are clean. It's an older property but it appears to be very well maintained.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Homer, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

I stayed here recently on a trip to Oklahoma City. The rooms were very, very nice. Great bedding and comfortable pillows. Everything was clean and in perfect working order. The front desk personnel were always very helpful and friendly. While there were many young people staying there, we never heard any noise. The breakfast is not gourmet by any means, but there is a nice variety of items and plentiful.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Hampton1833, Owner at Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base), responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. We strive to provide an excellent atmosphere for all guests, so I am so happy you were pleased. Please come see us anytime! Thank you, Lindsey Smith
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I always stay at this Hampton Inn when visiting family in Midwest City. It's right off I-40 (exit 156A) It's near a lot of quick shopping/eating options. Or walk across the back parking lot to the Italian restaurant for a more leisurely meal. Walmart is a block away in case your forgot something. Rooms are clean and perfectly adequate. Free breakfast had quite a few options. Pool is nice...but just a little chilly for me. Is this a luxury hotel? No. But it's very nice and comparable to the Holiday Inn Express on the next corner and $20 a day cheaper.

Room Tip: I always ask for a non-connecting room. That way I don't worry about my tv bothering my neighbo...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Hampton1833, General Manager at Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base), responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Thank you so much for the feedback on our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. I will certainly look into the temperature of the pool. Please come see us anytime, we would love to have you back!
Youngstown, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

I am in Oklahoma City on business every couple weeks right now so I have stayed in a number of hotels there. This one is not my favorite, but it is clean and the staff is very friendly and accommodating to your needs. They have a nice, free breakfast every morning with hot and cold food. It is located very close to Tinker Air Force Base if you are going there. I did find a couple issues. The rooms are dark even with the drapes wide open on a sunny day and the lights in the room on. I like bright very bright. But, if you are doing something that keeps you away from the room all day and only go there to sleep, no problem. Also, except for other hotels, a Walmart, and a Home Depot there is nothing near by. If you want a place to eat, there is not much to choose from close to the hotel. All that being said, I would stay there again because the staff is good and it is convenient to where I need to go.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is as high up as you can get. You should get more light.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you were impressed with our staff and breakfast. We strive to provide excellent customer service, so I am glad that was achieved. Again, thank you for your review, and please come see us anytime. We would love to have you back.
Fort Worth Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

My family and I traveled to OKC in January of 2012. We wanted a reasonable hotel rate and something that was close enough to downtown and points of interest. The kids really wanted to swim, so we chose this hotel over other options. We love the Hampton Inn chain because of the beds and the breakfast! This hotel did not disappoint. We were about 7 miles from the OKC Zoo, downtown, and bricktown. The hotel was clean, the staff was very friendly and courteous. The staff suggested places for us to eat, POIs for us to visit, and served us their wonderful buffet breakfast. We stayed 2 nights and had no issues while we there. The location was easy to get to, plenty of parking, and the kids enjoyed the indoor pool. My wife and I used the hot tub because the pool itself was a little chilly for us. Wish it had been a little warmer. Would I go back? YES. OKC is a great city with plenty to do and you can't go wrong staying at a Hampton Inn!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Hello, and thank you so much for the great feedback! I am so glad that you loved it here, and that your kiddos had a good time. Please come back and see us anytime, we would love to have you!

Been to Hampton Inn I-40 E (Tinker Air Force Base)? Share your experiences!