“ABVI suks” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Miami
Euless
“ABVI suks”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

employees were uninterested and unable. service was lacking. the room was slimy dirty. after removing the slimy dirty bedspread I found a suitable bed. I asked for a quiet room. They put me by the freeway and a gas station. engine and tailpipe noise all night.

Room Tip: choose a room at another hotel chain
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Allen, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2014

The view of this hotel neglects to show the 24 hr gas station plaza right in front of it. The gas fumes and noise were terrible. The lobby should have been my first clue to turn around and walk out as another couple did as I was checking in. The room was filthy. The carpet was so old and disgusting I didn't want to take my shoes off. The shower was dirty and and had a dripping faucet. I found 2 dirty kleenex in the drawer as I was looking for a phone book. I went to get ice and couldn't find ice machine. Found a spot where there appeared to be one at one time. Went to lobby and the fellow took my WAY WAY around to the back of the hotel. The sheets APPEARED to be clean. The continental breakfast was a JOKE. Was glad to get out of there

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2014

Upon arrival of our room, it seemed decent enough. The first impression was good, clean and put together. However, when we checked the bathroom, there on the floor was a cockroach on its back struggling to get back on its feet. Of course my husband squashed it. The bed was very comfortable, which is one of its major plus. The sheets seemed clean enough and the pillows served its purpose well though they were not the plumpest of them all. When it seemed all our worries had died with that cockroach, lo and behold, in the bathroom we spotted a huge spider in the...you guessed it, the bathroom. It was not your average skinny-legged araneae, it was a thick-legged, furry body, 5-inch crawler. After my freak out episode of hair-raising goosebumps, my husband squashed it with his foot. Yes, we heard the crrruuuncchh. I wouldn't come off the bed for fear of more loose creepy crawlers on the floor. My husband, the good saint he was, went around the room with a flashlight checking some corners of the room. Behind one of the bedside tables was a whole graveyard of dead cockroaches. D.i.s.g.u.s.t.i.n.g. Now I've never written a review for a hotel before (I've stayed at plenty of them) but this was just too bad not to review. And guess what, it's only our first night. We should just up and leave, however, we don't have money for anything higher in cost. So I guess we pay for what we get and yes, we got what we paid for.

Other cons: the room windows are so big that we have to keep the curtains closed to maintain our privacy all day. The location was an eye sore, construction going on next door, or maybe an empty lot. Not sure. The bathroom has a filthy smell I'm guessing from bad sewage pipes or whatnot and I need to shower...

Pros: its pretty quiet around the area. Microwave, fridge, coffee maker, iron and ironing board, nice towels for shower and sink, non obstructing or offensive art, comfortable lighting.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Murrieta, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2014

I am a bit surprised by some of the reviews on this site. My experience was that while it might not look like exactly what you would expect on the outside, it was just great on the inside! So, if you are travelling to Miami, OK for the look of your motel (??really??) :-) and an open field that is marked off for construction next to the motel (but quiet as far as I could tell) would bother you, then maybe you would want to go elsewhere.

IF, however, you are looking for a very nice, clean room with comfortable beds, nice shower, a desk and chairs, mini-fridge and microwave for a short stay, then I would absolutely recommend this place for a price-conscious traveler! The staff is friendly, efficient and helpful. The property, overall, seemed nice and quiet. A little disappointed that the pool was not functioning, but didn't really have time for it anyway. There is a convenience store in the parking lot very near to the room in which I stayed. It seemed quiet enough to me, but if you are a light sleeper, you could ask for a room in any other area.

For a short stay while in Miami for 2 nights, this was great for me!

Room Tip: Any room other than the few on the front side should be VERY quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Before My hotel review there are a few things I found wrong in these comments.THE GUY THAT CLAIMS TO BE THE hotel manager "Jimy" and is nice enough to respond to people is NOT the hotel manager at all!.Please disregard those said comments.My hotel stay was great! I travel for work and this way a great stay at day and well lit at night for real short walk to store.My room was great! Wonderful cooling unit,Had nice bed with soft nice clean pillows,nice open space around sink,Awsome hot shower.The room also had "my computer desk"GREAT wifi for paper work and serious gamer,thank you for having the chair was good on my back.Micro wave,Mini frig,hope to be returning.The birds love that tree and are amazing to listen to :)

Room Tip: This hotel had many ground floor rooms,the first building has store in front,the middle where I stay...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We have an AMERICA ' BEST VALUE CARD that gives 15% off. Told the young lady and showed her the card. She couldn't or wouldn't honor the whole discount. Only gave us 10%. I had asked before we arrived about truck parking for 18 wheelers and she said yes. Don't stay if you have long trailers. With the customers from the gas station parking in the motel parking lot it's impossible to park there. We had to wait until they came out of the store to park. Parking is not great for us with trailers. The upside was the bed was good and clean and the room was clean. TV needs to be updated but other than that ok. We won't be staying there again due to parking issues and them not honoring our ABVC.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Parker, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Room was clean, bed was comfortable, personnel were friendly and helpful.
For the price, it was OK.
We will stay there again.
Good location...close to downtown, casinos and the interstate.
Continental breakfast was kind of skimpy.

Room Tip: Get a room on the side away from the street and it will be much quieter, of course.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!