We checked Room 310 of this Inn on Sunday evening, October 20, 2013. after going to the bathroom and flushing the stool water began to run out from under the stool where in mates the floor (wax seal). Called the Manger, he came over, looked at it and said "I could put some sealant around the base but it would not set up until the next day so you could not use the bathroom", I then asked if we could move to another room (smoke free). He then moved us to Room 306. When I went into it the smoke smell was so bad I told him this would not work. He then moved us to Room 117 (which was already occupied). He then said Room 118, after we moved into it my wife was going to take a shower. After turning on the water, she found that the water did not drain. She stepped out of the shower to dry her feet and the most awful sewer gas came up the drain and smelled up the whole room. I called the Manager, he came and said "well I could call a plumber, but since it was 9:00 PM, they would not come out". He then moved us to Room 116, which only had two queen size beds. This room was OK, compared to the other ones. It had no kleenex in the box. The TV remote did not work. The only good thing I can say was, He did apologize for the trouble we had.
He had told me when We checked in that the swimming pool was closed as they could not afford the $20,000.00 to bring it up to safety code. Also, the restaurant was closed as they could not get anyone to work.
They have been working to make some improvements to the place, but I know that it is over 55 years old, as we have stayed there several times a year over the past 50 years when it was a "Best Western", then "Inn of Miami", before becoming "America's Best Value".
I believe that if the Health Department ever inspected this Inn they would close it down.
Before checking into this Inn, I would suggest that you inspect the room first to see if it meets yo...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Thanks for posting a review cause this was expected from a person like you... Sir you forgot to mention some part of your stay ...You carried a pet in your room without informing the front desk cause you didn't wanna pay pet fee... The manager caught you with a pet in the room and had politely asked you to leave the property but you stayed back saying it won't happen next time.. And as a courtesy the manager didn't charge you a pet fee. and about the problems you faced sir i wish i would have know that this room is gonna have plumbing problems I wouldn't have rented the room...Wish i was god to know about the future problems the room is gonna face.. And about the restaurant the hotel owners don't own it... Its owned by someone else.. And the he alt inspector stops by every year.... Out of courtesy I am still not mentioning how your wife behaved and the words she used in front of the manager...
Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.