“We stay at this location for 2 or 3 days every year. The...” 4 of 5 stars

Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Miami
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Millington
“We stay at this location for 2 or 3 days every year. The...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stay at this location for 2 or 3 days every year. The staff has always been so friendly and ready to please. The beds have been clean and very comfortable. The many choices at breakfast are unbelieveable, and the attendant watches to see that the area is clean and tidy. We have no plans to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

SaraMcquigg, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Miami, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for coming back to visit! Your continued business is appreciated!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
McKinney, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I'll not repeat the mistake of staying in a Microtel again. Around midnight I was awakened by someone trying to get into our room. All went silent after a few minutes, the suddenly our door opened a few inches, only to hold fast because of the metal slide lock. I jumped up, ran over toward the door and then it slammed shut. After a sleepless night, fearful of another attempted entry, I spoke to the desk clerk about it in the morning. With a big smile on her face, she happily told me the computer system was down when we checked in, so it didn't show our room to be occupied, resulting in them giving our room to someone else. Upon my unhappy questioning, she smilingly told me no protocols were in place to ensure that mix-ups like this didn't happen. We never received an apology, only a grab for our credit card. Never again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SaraMcquigg, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Miami, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
I am so sorry that this happened to you. I can't imagine how you must have felt. I do have protocol in place that should make this not happen even if we didn't have a computer. I will be sure to go over this again with my Front Desk assistants. I would love to be able to compensate you in some way. Please call the Hotel 918-540-3333 and leave me a phone number so I can apologize in person and make this right.

Sara
Washington, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Room was nearest the lobby. We were okay with it because it was only one night. We also felt it was the safest because it was our first time in Miami, Ok. We had a slight mix up with room and front desk clerk. They could take out the mirrors behind the beds, CREEPY...Tried out the pool; the jacuzzi- was perfect after a day of walking. Room was clean, air conditioner was quiet, but until about midnight heard what sounded like tennis shoes in a washing machine. Breakfast was just okay- at least the waffle maker worked!

Room Tip: not on the first floor-