“absolutely NO management!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Plantation Inn

The Plantation Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Medicine Park
The Plantation Inn
You added The Plantation Inn to your Saves list
195 East Lake Drive, Medicine Park, OK   |
Boston, Massachusetts
“absolutely NO management!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

You can make a reservation online, but that's where it ends! Tried calling several times, answering machine says to leave name number and they will call you back??? What kind of inn is this? Then when I did call, someone answered from their cell and could not tell me if rooms were available! I had another question on another call and again, leave message. They do not have a front desk like a normal inn to get information, and their restaurant is never open!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Okjenna, Manager at The Plantation Inn, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Mr./Ms. Church666,

You are right, we do not have a front desk like other hotels/motels. I am the sole manager as well the only telephone operator. I am on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week to the needs of any and all of our patrons. I try to answer the phone every time it rings between the hours of 9 am and 9 pm. If I am unable to do so there is a voicemail that will direct patrons to our website where most all of your questions can be answered and reservations can be made. If for some reason the website cannot take care your needs then I will be happy to respond to messages or questions left via voicemail as quickly as I can. I am sorry for your inconvenience, but maybe with this bit on insight into our operations you will give use another try.

God Bless,
Jenna

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

A bit out of the way but a wonderful place to roam around after a day of driving. rooms were clean and good sized. after a bit of a mix up with the key we were given a new room...better be able to carry your bag up some stairs...comfortable beds...recommend this quiet getaway

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DeLand, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. Nice property in a great little town on the river. Good pub and restaurant with outdoor deck on the river across the street. Good food at the plantation Inn restaurant, but it's about 100 yards down the street. The room was decent, however housekeeping leaves much to be desired. Upon checking in, I found a used washcloth had been left hanging on the shower curtain rod and a dead roach was on the bathroom floor. There was only 1 tiny bar of soap in the room. This was for 2 adults, for hand & face wash and for showering! The next morning, a Saturday, I walked the 100 yards down to the Old Plantation Inn restaurant at 9 AM, only to find it closed! Why would they have a restaurant in their hotel in a quaint, touristy town and not be open for breakfast? There wasn't a place in town to get some breakfast, so we had to drive to Burger King, 5 miles away! We were gone all day, returned to the room in the evening and found that the room had been straightened up, but no more soap was put in the bathroom (luckily we had our own) and the dead roach had been swept into a corner, but not removed! The next morning (Sunday) the restaurant was again locked up and the hotel office is also inside these locked Inn doors. So, I called the office phone number to complain about the housekeeping issues and lack of an open restaurant in the mornings but got a recording telling me to leave my name and number and they would call me back later. What kind of hotel has not only no management on duty, but not even desk clerk? I would stay here again because of the great location, but they really need to be more available to their patrons...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in one of their cabins-was over 100.00 and not worth it, bathroom rugs dirty and looked like had not been swept in weeks.

Wifi does not work in the cabin.

Bed was comfortable, sheets excellent-does not have central just FYI, a window unit and a portable small heater for winter.

Staff was curteous, resturant so-so. Cheaper and better food at Ann's off of hwy 58.

Location was pretty good but abandoned cabin nearby-kind of creepy :P

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Came to Oklahoma for a family reunion and stayed here, the location is very beautiful, the staff were some if the most courteous people I have had the pleasure to meet. Rooms are clean and comfortable, within walking distance of everything in town.

• Stayed June 2013
Decatur, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband, son, friend and I stayed here recently while on a short motorcycle trip through the area. The double queen room was very clean and spacious. I loved being right in the middle of the quaint, resort town. When checking out, I forgot my wallet in the dresser and didn't realize it until we got all the way home. I called the manager immediately and she checked while I was still on the phone to see if the girls cleaning the room had found it. They had it and we made arrangements for her to mail it to me. I received it with all the cash and cards, etc. accounted for. I am so thankful for their honesty and top notch customer service. It is so lacking in society today, but these people are super. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Cushing, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed here in October for one evening. We appreciated the location being right on the historic area. We had reserved the rooms not knowing there was a carshow there that weekend and so heard a lot of cars, bikes, etc. nearby. This was not the fault of the hotel, but I would suggest that if noise is a bother for you, check and see when their festivals are. The rooms here were super clean! They were very pretty-a bit small, but we had everything we needed-a bar type dinette, a microwave and small fridge, and a clean, super comfy bed! The bathrooms were also sparkling clean. We stayed in one of the inn rooms, not in one of the cottages. I also liked that when we got there they had their own security person making certain that no one parked in the motel parking if they were there for the festival. I appreciated that, as guest, we still got to park close to our room. I would be more comfortable if the price for the room was 10-15 dollars less a night than we paid, which is the ONLY reason I am rating this a 4 instead of a 5. On quality alone, it is worth a 5.

Room Tip: Check to see if there are festival events which may increase noise for your stay.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Okjenna, Manager at The Plantation Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay here in Medicine Park and hope you will keep us in mind for your accommodations next time you are in town!

Been to The Plantation Inn? Share your experiences!