“For McAlester, this was more than I expected!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites McAlester

Comfort Suites McAlester
You added Comfort Suites McAlester to your Saves list
Comfort Suites McAlester
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   650 George Nigh Expressway, McAlester, OK 74501 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in McAlester
Missouri
“For McAlester, this was more than I expected!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was just a place to spend the night when driving to Texas. I didn't need much. This hotel looked fairly new, was clean (and non-smoking!). Front desk staff was kind & helpful. The room was clean. The complementary breakfast was all I expect from a simple hotel - a waffle maker, some yogurt, juice & danishes, and cereal. Nothing fancy but perfectly adequate. There are some scary motels in this part of the state, but I will have no concerns about where to stay in McAlester. The Comfort Suites is just fine.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Springfield, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

The gentleman at the front desk was polite and helpful as he was the last time we stayed here. I appreciate that they take time to kill the crickets i just wish housekeeping would vacuum them up. Other than that the stay was fine.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Russellville, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stayed here on way from TX to MO. Had small dog so was limited to hotel choices. We made reservations and when we arrived we were given our key. Room smelled musty. Husband tried to turn on A/C only to find it didn't work and the floor underneath the A/C unit was soaked. So back to the front desk, where the staff, who was wonderful, said he only had 3 more rooms left and all were more expensive than ours. However once he looked in ours, we got one those more expensive rooms for same price. However the new room had big chunks out of one of the counters, I had to pick up 8 dead crickets off a very old carpet that was need of replacement. The staff was great. The breakfast good, but this Comfort Inn needs and updo soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

The rooms were very beautiful and up to date, all suites so you never get that cramped feeling. Breakfast was good, staff was friendly, everything went very smoothly (check in, checkout etc). Will recommend!

• Stayed August 2012
Chesterfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Traveling from Northeast Oklahome to Dallas, Texas, we decided to stop early at McAlester, OK and made reservations the day before. Upon arrival, the front desk said "we have been expecting you. Here is your key card. Everything is done, Just sign here for the pre-agreed upon rates". I did and we were in our room within 3 minutes upon arrival at the hotel. Rooms were very clean. Also, the front desk told us since were in non-smoking, if we smell smoke, just let them know and they will give us another room as some guests do not honor the non-smoking and that they will bill the previous guest. Our King suite was quiet. We actually had to "step-up" to reach the bed. Was very pleased with the room and overall stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Perhaps I was slightly biased by my horrible mood after being on the road for endless hours, but this hotel was certainly NOT what I had expected at all. The ratings were high and the reviews were decent so I certainly wasn't looking to find heinously stained carpet in a room that reeked terribly of stale smoke. When I asked the concierge about the smell he said the hotel was entirely smoke free, but there were cigarette burns and smoke stains in my room. Also, there were roaches. Some dead, and one little guy alive in the bathroom. I'm thinking we were on the once 'smokers only' designated side so it's possibly suffered worse damage than the 'non smoking' side, but I was still very let down by the room. The staff was beyond friendly and very helpful. I was just so put off by the poignant smoke smell and roaches that I doubt I'll return when coming back through.

• Stayed May 2012
Chapala, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

First, this is the fstest Check-in I have ever had, about 30 sscs. Yes, we had booked the room the day before, but still the fastest.
Sherisse at the front desk was helpful with picking out a great chinese restaurant right across the street, great buffet aqnd price.
Our room was a large Suite for the price of $68 plus tax, Senior Rate. The beds are high off the floor and the room was very clean. We had to do laundry while at the hotel and the washers were very large, costing $1.00 and $1.00 for the dryer.

The hotel is easy to find, right on the expressway, No searching around at night.

And, Yes I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites McAlester? Share your experiences!