“Good Value ~” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in McAlester
allen
“Good Value ~”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

This is a fun place to stay. Usually you can find the owner in a cowboy hat at breakfast, very clean rooms, and professional friendly staffs. Make sure you ask the staff what kind of day they are having; they usually say anything but a happy day! Only kidding . . . Also Angles restaurant [1950s] Great Milk Shakes! . . . Thanks Pep!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

We stayed at Happy Days Hotel with a large group of car crazy people.
The rooms are clean, the decorating is unique! It was a lot of fun. The rooms
were clean and very comfortable. We enjoyed our two nights there and have
reservations for next year.
J.F. Oklahoma City, OK

• Stayed October 2010
East Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

The pink neon and cute restaurant first caught our attention. The 50s & 60s decor with the real records hang on the walls and memorabilia of Elvis, James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, and others was charming. We had great warm welcome from the staff even with a late arrival. We had an equally warm chat with
the owner the next morning. Our room was a little smallish, but attractively decorated and comfortable. Rates were the best we found for this caliber of hotel in the area. We would go back without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2010
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

I checked in with my mother and two young children to find the room with used coffee grains in the coffee pot and stain on the pillow, to follow by pulling the blankets down to find a sheet full of PUBIC HAIR. then get changed to another room after reloading the car with louge and kids to be the room next door (fun not) . To find more HAIR on the pillows and sheets. I then asked for my money back and was refused so they finally found a room when I went to complain in the morning the girl Tabetha laughed with another young girl thinking my experince having to pack up my car 3 times with 2 small children was funny. I asked to be credited with a food voucher since they give drink vouchers why not a breakfast one for my inconvince. They refused to accomandate me in any way I T WOULD NOT RECOMEND THIS HOTLE IF YOU WANT TO HAVE CLEANINESS. Horrible experince..........

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
stillwater, ok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2008

The "Happy Days Hotel" in McAlester, OK was a lucky find for my husband and I. We were traveling to southeast Oklahoma for a veteran's day ceremony. We stopped in McAlester to stay the night. The Happy Days Hotel was a fun adventure as soon as we stepped through the door. The decor is all 50's and 60' s themed. We stayed in the "I Love Lucy" room....we loved it. There is plenty of memorabilia to see and Elvis is alive and well at the "Happy Days Hotel". Angel's Diner is also on the premise and has the "best" food on the road. The room prices are very reasonable, this hotel is the cleanest I have personally ever experienced. The staff and owners are wonderful. This is well worth checking out. My husband and I will be making another trip down memory lane to the "Happy Days Hotel".

• Liked — The classic 50's and 60's themes of the rooms
  • Disliked — N/a everything was amazing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2008

Me and two other wild and crazy women stayed at the Happy Days for 2 nights while taking in the Talahina Scenic Drive and sights of Mena AR. We really enjoyed the fun decor and the continental breakfast was great. The food at Angels Diner was very good as well. We arrived late on a Friday night, Scott was on duty, a very very helpful and pleasant young man. I would recommend your hotel to family and friends looking to stay in McAlester

• Liked — Helpful staff
  • Disliked — Wish more of selection on Continental Breakfast
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
houston, tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2008

We stayed one night at the Happy Days Hotel after reading good press in various places (including this site). The place was okay, but seemed to come up a bit short of expectations from the press. At the end of the day, it seemed much like the budget Microtel it used to be, but with a 50s decor. Here are the pluses and minuses:

+ Decor. The 50s theme is cool.
+ Price. The AAA rate was very good.
+ Amenities. No complaints about these for the price. The wifi worked well. The showerhead was top notch.
+ Quiet. Minimal noise from outside.
+ Clean. Aside from the smelly shower curtain.

- Uncomfortable bed. Seemed squishy in the middle, leaving a person to roll towards the middle. Not restful.
- Smelly shower curtain. The shower curtain smelled strongly of mildew, and made the whole room smell when we arrived. It improved when we closed the bathroom door and turned on the fan (we were too tired upon arrival to request another room).

While I don't have any big problems with this place, a comfortable bed is really important to me. I'd probably give the Holiday Inn Express a try on my next stay in McAlester.

• Liked — Decor
  • Disliked — Uncomfortable bed.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Happy Days Hotel? Share your experiences!