“Fun hotel - very friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Happy Days Hotel
1400 S. George Nigh Expressway, McAlester, OK 74501   |
Ranked #6 of 18 hotels in McAlester
Muscatine, Iowa
“Fun hotel - very friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Saw this hotel on tripadvisor and went slightly out of our way to stay there...decorated with Elvis, Marilyn, and more 50's icons. On same property is a cute diner - Angel's - also decorated with a '50's motif and even has two old Cadillacs as part of the landscaping. Behind the hotel is a small bowling alley, mini golf, etc. Just down the frontage road is a casino - fun for everyone!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
happydays1144, Front Office Manager at Happy Days Hotel, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
We are so happy that you went out of your way to come see us and for taking the time to give us such a wonderful review, we love to make our guests happy! Come see us again soon!

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Owners took an older facility and built a fun, '50s theme into it. Rooms were comfy, cozy and fun. There's an on site diner and a bowling alley and entertainment center behind that is very up to date. Continental breakfast with waffles. This hotel was a bargain and the staff was great!!

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us! We love that you enjoyed our '50's nostalgia and hope to see you again soon.
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I found this hotel reading reviews on Trip Advisor and the hotel was everything, and more, than I expected. My husband and I like it so much, that we stayed again on our return trip to Texas.
First night we stayed in the Marilyn Monroe suite, a nice large room. They were almost booked full with a bowl team of young adults, so the clerk gave us a room away from the possible 'noise'. I didn't hear a peep during the night or morning!
On the return trip, we stayed in the Elvis room. A bit smaller than the other suite. The beds were very comfortable, the internet signal was strong. My husband enjoyed the waffles for breakfast, very tasty! Nice family run business. I just wished we had time to wander in the restaurant that sits just in front of the hotel that is also ran by a family member. We were told that it also had lots of memorabilia.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and for your very kind review! Hope that we will see you again soon...
Kingfisher, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Recently stayed at the Happy Days Hotel in McAlester, OK. Very clean and comfortable hotel in 50's and 60's decor. Also very inexpensive. Would stay here again. Also, highly recommend Pete's Place in Krebbs, OK a mile east of McAlester for very good Italian food served homestyle in "Little Italy".

Room Tip: We stayed ground level. Nice retuarant next door. 50's and 60's decor at both.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
happydays1144, Front Office Manager at Happy Days Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us! We are glad you enjoyed your room and appreciate your recommendation. Hope to see you again soon!
Taylorsville, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stay here every time we are in the area. It is so clean and quiet. They welcome pets without a fee. The staff is always helpful. They have big rig parking behind the hotel. The breakfast is the usual, waffles, cereal, toast, coffee and juice, but it is presented in a nice manner and replenished when needed. A nice outdoor pool is available. There are laundry facilities. We look forward to our stays here, great place to unwind.

Room Tip: In my opinion there are no bad rooms, each one has a different theme. 1st floor near a door makes it...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thanks so much for being a faithful customer to us and we appreciate you for mentioning our new pull-thru truck parking. We also offer great CDL rates! Hope to see you again soon!
Asheville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I booked an extended stay with this hotel, as in 8 nights. When I arrived I was placed in a room with a broken AC...had to move to another room. Better, whew! Then each and every day I had to ask them to re-code my key card for access into the pool and motel. This became a hassle, and each time I would say I am here for an extended stay...the lady would smile and say it should work. No it didn't...ever the entire 9 days. Then on the day I was headed to the airport to pick up my friend I was called...did I know that I was scheduled to check out that day? I replied that I was booked for an extended stay through Monday. The woman argued with me until I was about to turn around, miss my friends flight arrival and have to check into another hotel! Then the woman states...oh, your seventh night is until tomorrow night! Then for the eighth night they charged me FULL price instead of a reduced rate. Also, they have a lot of political statements against immigrants plastered on the office door. I guess they forgot their kinfolk were once immigrants too. I will NOT stay at the happy days hotel again!!

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
happydays1144, Front Office Manager at Happy Days Hotel, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
I'm so sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us and hope that you can give us another opportunity in the future. I apologize for your room keys not working unfortunately that will happen if they come in contact with certain items i.e. cell phones etc. As far as our political views we stand strong on the fact that we love our country we just don't always support the policies of our government. We do appreciate the fact that it was built on a foundation of immigrants having come from those very people ourselves. However, our beliefs today reflect a positon that safety is of the utmost importance in the volatile times in which we live. Having said that, we also appreciate that we live in America where everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Ozark, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stayed here on the 24th of June. Stopping in late at night, you would have thought it was 9:00 A.M. in the morning. What a pleasant greeting by the attending lady. The room was so clean and the Hotel was so pretty and uplifting with all the Happy Days theme along with many of the 50's and older movies themes.
Breakfast was amazing and clean. You were welcome by an attendant that was also helpful with my great-grandchildren.
We all had a great experience and would recommend to others to stop in and have a very restful sleep. Beds were excellent as well. Thank you again for a clean and welcoming place to stay.

Room Tip: As you come from the South on the main highway, stop at the first place on the right. You will not b...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Happy Days Hotel? Share your experiences!