“AMAZING Front Desk Personnel!” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 McAlester to your Saves list
Motel 6 McAlester
Motel 6 McAlester
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   690 Bernhardt Drive, US 69 at Gene Stipe Exit, McAlester, OK 74501   |
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in McAlester
Austin, Texas, United States
“AMAZING Front Desk Personnel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My fiance and I were enroute to Missouri traveling down 69 North-bound when a large metal object dislodged from a semi in front of us, creating massive sparks. Unfortunately, we did not have the time to react to the metal object. The entire front end of my car was completely torn off, the radiator was smashed in, the transmission was completely shot, and the engine was moved into the cab.

After a horrendous night, I received a very warm welcome from the personnel at Motel 6. They expressed genuine interest in what had happened to us, and even went out of their way to assist us in finding a solution. One individual in particular, Patricia, provided us with an unrivaled consumer experience that cannot be found elsewhere. I could not find a car rental location that was open on a Saturday, so she went out of her way to call her PERSONAL contacts for towing assistance. In addition, she assisted me in finally getting Geico to come out and take a look at my totaled vehicle, and both her and who I believe to be the manager of this Motel 6 happily provided us with a refund for our 2nd day that we ended up not needed..

If I could give a six point review for this location, I would do it in a heartbeat, based primarily on the friendliness of the personnel!

Room Tip: If you are kin to a colder environment, try a room on the 2nd floor. The temperature was easily main...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Bad experience at this motel. One wall was mirror. Stained sheets. Shower had no hand rail, my father fell. Bathroom door did not lock.

• Stayed May 2012
Joplin, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel & Price was Right and room was very clean. . My room also had FLAT LCD & Micro/Fridge. Looks like they just put new bed sleeped like a baby. it looks Great from outside & inside. Staff was very friendly

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

This was the most deceptive place. It looks great from the outside, but it is very poor on the inside. I should have turned around when I saw the dead skunk at the entrance to the access road to the hotel. It was a sign!

The rooms are poorly maintained, the desk clerk overcharged me, and the toilet rocked so much the top lid almost slid off from the shaking induced when I sat down. Did I mention the shower head was so low it pointed at my chest (I'm 6' 3" tall?) Towels were threadbare and looked a little yellow. A/C would only run for a little while and cycle off. I know they do this to save money, but when you are hot, it is very aggravating to have the A/C stop running by design. You PAID for A/C but you can only get it in cycles? I dislike that.

The room smelled "musty" and the maintenance was poor as reflected by the stained carpet, inoperable electrical outlets, and lack of silicone sealing in the necessary places in the bathroom, allowing water to get places it shouldn't.

My room got internet (wi-fi) intermittently. The place was nearly empty when I checked in but they still put me as far from the desk as possible (end of the hall, near the side exit.) You rarely get good internet reception when you are at the ends of the building and that was the case here.

My biggest gripe was the price. I was charged $57 on a Sunday night and when I went into town to get some dinner, the motel had a big sign by the highway flashing the room rate as $45.99 What is up with that?! I was a single person in a non-smoking, single bed room. There is no cheaper room in a motel than that, so why I wasn't given the advertised rate is beyond me. BUYER BEWARE!

Room Tip: If you want internet access, let them know at check in that you would like a room near the desk. Or...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Rolla, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

This location is unusual for a Motel 6 in that the rooms all open to a hallway rather than directly to the parking lot. There was a mirrored wall behind the beds and a window seat with cushions. The stairwell carpet was muddy, but the room itself was clean enough--about what you'd expect from a Motel 6.

The price seemed a little high however.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Pampa, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

simple words to say - dont stay here. no upkeep. its a dirty place. i would suggest not to stay over here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

me and my femily were our way to joplin , mo we stayed at motel 6 on 7th may 2010 , and we realy enjoyed our stay there , very clean room and thr staff were so nice and helpfull , i would say it's good location to stay b'coz it's away from a road noise . and this is a best motel 6 we ever stayed.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 McAlester? Share your experiences!