“AWESOME POOL AREA, AND GREAT RATES” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in McAlester
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“AWESOME POOL AREA, AND GREAT RATES”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We only stayed in McAlester for 2 reasons. (1) Because of the pictures we seen of the swimming pool and (2) to eat at Roseanna's over in Krebbs. We loved the pool. One of the best outdoor pools for a motel that we have stayed at. Got a great rate on the room, and all was good and everyone was happy. We will stay here again. I think this should ranked #1, but hey that's just my opinion.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
GMMcAlester, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites McAlester, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Dear K9SONTHELOOSE,

Thank you so much for the kinds words to our hotel Holiday Inn Express McAlester. I shared your comments with our housekeeping and front desk staff and their faces lit up with joy, especially with your opinion that we should be #1 on the tripadvisor page for McAlester.

I'm excited that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you in the near future again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

This has got to be the best hotel in the small city of McAlester. I was driving through on a long drive to Dallas, TX and had to stop by for a nights rest. I compared this hotel to others in the area and decided to take a chance. I didn't regret it at all.

I got in a for a low rate, was given a beautiful room that appeared to be brand new (which makes me wonder how old the hotel is, because it was so clean and fresh) and in the morning, they provide a full buffet breakfast that includes pancakes, toaster waffles, eggs, and a whole lot more.

The internet was free and the young lady who checked me in (don't remember her name, sorry) was so nice and kind to me that it made me feel sincerely at home. Oh! I forgot to mention they had cookies in the lobby when I checked in, fresh warm chocolate chip cookies....nice touch!

If your looking for a place to stay with everything you need and want to save money, I'd recommend this place. I'll definitely be back in a couple weeks when I finish with my project here in Texas and drive back to Nebraska.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Independence
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I'm a rewards member with Holiday Inn so we chose this over the other choices of LaQuinta, Hampton, Comfort Inn. They beat the price of the other guys buy allowing me a military discount! We got a king room on the first floor and it was impressive! Girl at the front desk was real nice, first impression of the facility was fancy and clean, and we got alot for our money! Clean and big room. Confortable bed and pillows. Free breakfast of hot food. What more could a person ask for?!

• Stayed July 2014
Joplin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

while the reception desk person was efficient in checking us in, she wasn't about to trouble herself about providing tea as an alternate to coffee, did her job well, just not a people person;
room was outstanding: bed very comfortable, room clean, modern, quiet, bathroom well appointed. breakfast on Tues a.m. was limited because the criminal element from Halliburton took all the bread products with them when they left, nothing left for the rest of us, so we had to wait for the staff to provide and cook more items. we were told that kitchen has new equipment and the staff didn't know how to use it yet.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Sodus, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

We arrived late and ready for bed after a long days drive. The front desk was very nice and helpful getting us in a room. The room was large and comfortable. My only problem was getting the bedding out for the pull out couch and there was hair on the bedding. I went to the front desk and they apologized over and over and gave us all new clean bedding. It can happen. But not what I wanted to see just before bed. Everything else was very clean and the morning breakfast was good. The kids LOVED the pancake maker! Press a button and it makes a pancake. I think I want one for home! We slept well and we were on our way! Prices very reasonable for a large room!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We stayed here 2 weeks for business travel. We enjoyed the nice continental breakfast and friendly staff. Our first week we had a billing issue and the manager was quick to resolve the errors and refund us the proper amounts. I appreciated his attention to customer service and addressing our questions timely! Additionally, I found that whoever was at the desk when we were coming and going was always so friendly and helpful and remembered who we were. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

My wife, my in-laws and I stayed here for one night on the way to Dallas. Hotel was very easy to find right off of the highway, and there were several restaurants within walking distance. Our room was very clean, updated, and large - and the rate was very reasonable. The next morning the breakfast was hot, and everyone who worked there was very friendly. I would not hesitate to stay again if in the area.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites McAlester? Share your experiences!