“NICE STAY” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in McAlester
SALADO
“NICE STAY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We enjoyed this hotel. We stayed here using our rewards and it was comfortable and rooms were good size. Hotel was close to everything.
Only issues were not that big a deal-tv took forever to change channels and a/c did not have a constant blower, so when it shut off at night it got really still and you could not help but wake up.
I would stay again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Killeen, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I recently stayed here with my family. I have to say this is a really nice hotel. The room was clean and taken care of each day we were there. Our room had two queen size beds with a pull out sofa bed. We also had a refrigerator and microwave. When I go back to McAlester again, I will definitely stay here.
The beds weren't the most comfortable but they did the job. We brought our own pillows so we couldn't say if theirs were any good! I really liked that they maid refreshed the shampoo and soap each day. Most hotels don't do this and I really appreciated it. I also loved the ample amount of hot water each morning!
The only negative thing was the morning breakfast. The first day was great. There was enough food for everyone. The next two days were terrible! There wasn't enough food, the tables were dirty and the attendant complained about being over worked. For me, this was unexcusable; especially when there was other staff to assist her. Our last day there, there was literally no hot food on the counter. She was in the back room talking to the front desk clerk and one of the maids. The tables were once again messy and there was a full crowd of people there. The three women were complaining so loud we could what they were talking about out in the open. This is completely unacceptable. If they are so unhappy, someone else would probably like their jobs.
When I do stay there again, I will bring my own breakfast food as this way I won't have to wait to eat until the attendant is done complaining!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Universal City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Great bed - we had an Executive King room. Wife loved the extra jets in the shower. Breakfast was good with reasonable variety. Our check in experience was great even though they were busy, they had adequate staff. Love the fact that you are within walking distance of several restaurants. Carpets, etc starting to show a little wear but everything was clean and serviceable. The room was a little on the pricey side but not out of the expected range.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Rates were a little high but well worth it! Breakfast was great and loved the pool area. Front desk staff was also very helpful. The shopping center was close by and so are the resturaunts. Loved the stay and the ONLY thing I didnt like too much was the parking "not that it wasnt a safe area".

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed two nights while attending a family reunion. First impression is the hotel is very clean. No stains on carpets in common areas or rooms. Nice furniture in common areas. Check in was a little slow, because the clerk was alone and had to handle phone calls. Room (king suite) was comfortable, with mini fridge, coffee maker and microwave. Coffee was supplied along with assorted items (bowls, spoons, knifes and paper towels. AC worked great. Towels and wash cloths were soft and fluffy. Room was on west side of building, so traffic from US69 was not a problem.

Wifi is free and is very fast. The signal could be picked up outside at the pool!

All the staff were friendly and helpful!

Breakfast (biscuits, gravy, eggs, assorted juices and cereals) was good. A nice touch was the platter of cookies at the reception desk. The pool was clean and pool furniture was in good shape.

The hotel is located within walking distance to several restaurants. There is a shopping area across the highway.

All in all, it is a nice place to spend a night or two. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Ben C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites McAlester, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear BaldMac,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent family reunion and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We're always striving for excellence and looking for ways to improve our guests' time here.

We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you and your family here again soon.

Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My husband and I met some family members here just for a one-night stay. Upon check-in, we learned they were serving pizza and beer that evening. Free supper! We needed a handicapped room, and it was very accommodating, room to move the wheelchair, bars, etc. The room was huge! I had called the week before and made reservations, and good thing, too, because they were full! I thought it was a new motel, but talked to management and learned it was built a few years ago. It looked and smelled brand new. Breakfast in the morning was very good. We love the cinnamon rolls they always serve! We also swam before checking out, and the pool was equally as nice. I would definitely stay here again. Everything was great, from the staff to accommodations and everything else in-between!

Room Tip: Be sure to call and make reservations ahead of time.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I was here recently for work. This is one of the nicer Holiday Inn Expresses that I’ve been to. I usually stay at a different hotel chain but there were no rooms available the week I was visitng McAlester.

The staff was very friendly and they had cookies out each evening. The rooms were pretty clean and newer. The common areas are kept clean and well maintained. The breakfast was HIE standard. Its location is decent; there are some restaurants within walking distance.
I would say it would not be my first choice if I’m back in McAlester, but not because the hotel was bad, but because Priority Club is a dismal rewards club.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites McAlester? Share your experiences!