“Best Holiday-Inn Express yetE” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 18 hotels in McAlester
Springfield, Missouri
“Best Holiday-Inn Express yetE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My husband and I met some family members here just for a one-night stay. Upon check-in, we learned they were serving pizza and beer that evening. Free supper! We needed a handicapped room, and it was very accommodating, room to move the wheelchair, bars, etc. The room was huge! I had called the week before and made reservations, and good thing, too, because they were full! I thought it was a new motel, but talked to management and learned it was built a few years ago. It looked and smelled brand new. Breakfast in the morning was very good. We love the cinnamon rolls they always serve! We also swam before checking out, and the pool was equally as nice. I would definitely stay here again. Everything was great, from the staff to accommodations and everything else in-between!

Room Tip: Be sure to call and make reservations ahead of time.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I was here recently for work. This is one of the nicer Holiday Inn Expresses that I’ve been to. I usually stay at a different hotel chain but there were no rooms available the week I was visitng McAlester.

The staff was very friendly and they had cookies out each evening. The rooms were pretty clean and newer. The common areas are kept clean and well maintained. The breakfast was HIE standard. Its location is decent; there are some restaurants within walking distance.
I would say it would not be my first choice if I’m back in McAlester, but not because the hotel was bad, but because Priority Club is a dismal rewards club.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Baldwin, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Our relatives often stay at this hotel for family reunions. We arrived late Friday evening, and made the mistake of settling in for the night before using the facilities. I could see from the doorway that the flimsy temporary plastic toilet handle was broken; housekeeping should have reported it when they cleaned. I called and was told that they could move us to another room or have maintenance repair it in the morning. We also noticed there were no facial tissues and the AC wouldn't come on. These latter were remedied by the time we returned from the reunion. Late Saturday afternoon, maintenance had not been reached by phone, though he was on call, so I asked for a credit on our bill, but all they would do is offer to move us. Not wanting the burden placed on us, I asked to speak to the manager. She also refused to help other than moving us to another room with a working toilet handle. The lobby toilet had a sturdy porcelain handle. Several problems here, from housekeeping to maintenance to management. The pillows were tiny, the blanket covered half the bed. Our aunt's coffee maker was not cleaned out. My husband was ill the second night, after eating a cookie from the lobby. It wasn't dinner, because we split that, being stuffed from the reunion earlier in the day. We intend to write to the company and let all our family know to avoid this hotel. There are several other choices in the area, so we hope there is some competition. I would have expected a rural town to have excellent customer service!

Room Tip: Flush before unpacking! Do not expect any maintenance on the weekend. Be satisfied with the room b...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites McAlester, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Dear Anne G,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your family reunion. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Foss, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We had been driving for hours and hours. This hotel was such a pleasant experience. The desk clerk was very kind and had everything I needed for an unexpected over-night stay. The bed was very comfortable. It was quiet. The breakfast was quick and very good.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012 via mobile

I come to McAlester on business a couple times a month and I always stay at this hotel. I'm usually there for a week at a time so I really enjoy the huge suites. They allow me to spread out and not feel as cramped as I have at other hotels.

Breakfast is always great and I love the new pancake machine! You just push a button and it makes you a fresh pancake!

Overall, a very clean hotel with a friendly staff. Five stars!!

• Stayed February 2012
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

The hotel is nice, and the staff are friendly. Held gatherings of 8-10 people in dining area for pizza/football parties on the weekends during my stay of three weeks. Large flatscreen in entertainment area, but have the bulky box style televisions in the rooms. Microwave and refrigerator in rooms are nice.
The hotel is surrounded by food and entertainment.
Complimentary breakfast is nice. The swimming/spa area are outdoors and is closed for the winter.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

Nice hotel, nice staff but problems. After unpacking discovered the toilet didn't flush (broken flapper), remote didn't work, only two towels for three people. The girl at the front desk fixed what she could but I had to jerry rig the toilet with thread from a sewing kit.

Next morning the clerk was very apologetic and said the manager would be back in town that day and he would call me. He didn't. I stayed in McAlester on the way home but somewhere else. Will be passing through 7-20-11 but will be staying somewhere else. Lack of response caused your hotel three nights of revenue from me.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites McAlester? Share your experiences!