“Better Than A 5 Star Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

AmericInn Lodge & Suites McAlester
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   609 South George Nigh Expressway, McAlester, OK 74501   |
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in McAlester
Frisco, Texas
“Better Than A 5 Star Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I know especially in the middle of Oklahoma. We were staying here visiting Robbers Cave.
Our first experience, the room wasn't ready so housekeeping said we could keep our clothes in the room until it was clean. When we came back from the park we had a note on the bed. Our clothes were hung up and our bags were put away in the closet. They serve cookies and milk from 7 to 9 and free popcorn. You can sit at the game table upstairs or downstairs and enjoy family time together.
Room - Whirlpool suite for less than 100 dollars. It even had a recliner and the most comfortable bed. Be sure to check out the DVD player with 75 DVD's to choose from. I put my son in the bath and turned on ice age and he was occupied while I sat in the recliner to relax. The rooms are all concrete reinforced so you will not hear a thing.

Breakfast - They make eggs on a stove and they have just about anything you want. I am former military and I wasn't expecting much in the middle of nowhere Oklahoma, but I would stay here over any 5 star hotel any day. I almost felt like I won a bid on priceline and got a steal of a deal, but hey the price is great, the rooms are great and the place is kid friendly. Oh and if you like chess they have two different table to play.

Hope this helps and please save the warm chocolate chips and milk for other people. They go in under 2 minutes :) and if you are relaxing in your room you will miss out :)

Oh Thanks Debbie, you should be an international trainer in housekeeping. You treat everyone like family and are great with kids. We hope to see you again soon.

Room Tip: Away from the main road. The building is quiet, but the windows are not.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
McAlesterGM, Director of Sales at AmericInn Lodge & Suites McAlester, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing AmericInn! I was so glad to have you and your family here. It was nice to hear that you got to put on a movie for the little man and get some relaxation yourself, that doesn't happen often I'm sure! I look forward to having you here on future visits to McAlester! Thanks again for the kind review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Branson, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Let me tell you, I have high expectations when it comes to breakfast food. Hotels don't have it. This AmericInn has it. Best breakfast I have ever had at a hotel. We stayed here on the way to Texas, and liked it so much we stayed on the way back. Kids loved the pool. Bed was comfy, all the staff was so considerate and pleasant. This hotel, aptly named, has all sorts of American art and theme elements, and I love America, so there you have it. And speaking of America, I paid less than a Ben Franklin for a two bed room. Shower was great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lacie S, Director of Sales at AmericInn Lodge & Suites McAlester, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
What a catchy review, thank you! I am glad that you loved the theme of our hotel, it means a lot to us, because we too love America! I am also thrilled that you got to experience our excellent breakfast! Thank you not only for staying here, but for letting everyone know just how much you enjoyed it.
Conroe, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We are a family of 4 and stayed in the 1 bedroom suite which is a great option for only a slight increase in cost. The hotel is in good shape, well maintained. The room was clean and spacious, comfortable beds. There was a Jacuzzi tub in the room which we enjoyed. The hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub which the kids really liked. Breakfast was good, staff friendly. A good choice and we would not hesitate to stay here again. (Unfortunately on the way back through town again the 1 bedroom was booked so we had to make other arrangements.)

Room Tip: The one bedroom suite is excellent but there is only one of these rooms so make a reservation early...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I'd like to thank you for the great review. I am glad that the suite accomodated you and your families needs. I am sorry to hear that it was booked on your way back through town! That is the only bad thing is that there is only one two-room suite, hopefully next time it is available for you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, good location, clean with friendly service.. Excellent breakfast for a hotel.... Everyone is very nice and has a good saltwater pool. Room is large with clean bedding and toilet and our room had large whirlpool tub..

• Stayed August 2013
I am always happy to get a nice clean brisk review! It doesn't get much better than hearing you had a clean room, experienced friendly service and had an excellent breakfast....I'll take it!! I look forward to having you here in the future.
Edmond, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Came into town for one night stay for a kids tennis tournament. The previous reviews helped me decide to try this hotel. We could not have been more pleased! Excellent service, great rate and very kid friendly. The kids loved playing chess in the lobby and having fresh popcorn, cookies and milk! The fresh cooked breakfast was awesome too!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I really appreciate your kind review! I do believe I got to speak with you when you made your reservation! I am so glad the kids enjoyed themselves and I hope to see you back for more tournaments!
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night and it was a great choice. We actually had booked at another hotel in mcalester and changed our minds when we got there. This hotel was nice and clean! Friendly desk staff. Had a great indoor pool. Very quiet stay with zero issues.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! I am so happy that you decided to book with us vs. another hotel. I am glad that you had a relaxing stay with zero issue, that is always pleasant to hear! I hope to see you all on future trips to McAlester!
Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

we were traveling out west for the first time to see sites and relatives. researched hotels extensively. chose this hotel due to high rating on TA. where to start. from beginning to end it was a bad experience. first was not greeted warmly. had to wait girl on phone. then she called the manager. room we booked was not available. supposed to of had toilet break and could not get the part to fix it. got another room. looked clean enough. not as nice as I pictured but plenty of towels, curtain rod was broken and laid on window ceil. we used a chip clip to hold curtain to keep out the light. breakfast area was fairly small good variety. little older lady cooking./cleaning husband got a piece of egg shell in his eggs one morning thought oops then the last day we were there same thing happened to me. guess it could happen to anyone but was annoying to say the least. last straw was tub didn't drain very well last morning we were standing in ankle deep water when showering. was still standing when we left. we will not be returning to this hotel anytime .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I apologize for your experience during your stay here. The review itself isn't reader friendly, so I am not exactly sure of the problems that occured. I will say I feel trip advisor is very accurate and out of 77 reviews we have 5 that are negative, those are pretty good odds that you are staying at a great place! Every place has highs and lows and we aren't an exception to that. I am sorry that you had issues and I would still like to thank you for the review.

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites McAlester? Share your experiences!