“Best Hotel By Far!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 18 hotels in McAlester
Durant, Oklahoma
“Best Hotel By Far!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Guests are immediately welcomed by a smiling face at check-in and the exceptional service continues the entire stay. Anytime in the future that I get a choice of staying in an AmericInn Lodge, I will choose it! Everything was super clean and they offer so many complimentary items--cookies and milk; board games; and an amazing breakfast. The best rates are listed on their website.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Lacie S, Director of Sales at AmericInn Lodge & Suites McAlester, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review! I am so happy you have chosen to stay with us. Sometimes in the hospitality industry hotels all go with the same type of design or offer the same amenities. Here at AmericInn in McAlester we always try to be unique and it is so rewarding when it is noticed.

171 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I travel up to 7 months a year and have to stay in many different hotels. I would rank this AmericInn in the top 3. The staff was outstanding, courteous and willing to assist in any way possible. My room was clean and comfortable. By far the best breakfast at any hotel chain.
If you have to stay in McAlester, OK, Stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lacie S, Director of Sales at AmericInn Lodge & Suites McAlester, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your review!!! I can speak for our entire staff when I say we are already missing you! It was a delight to have you stay and I hope to see you again in the future. Your compliments mean the world, to know you travel so much and we made an impression is amazing. Thank you again:)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here a couple nights last month while visiting family. The staff was very welcoming and were all nice. The prices are outstanding and the breakfast is excellent. If I were to come to mcalester again, I will definitely choose this hotel to stay in.

• Stayed December 2012
McAlesterGM, Director of Sales at AmericInn Lodge & Suites McAlester, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
I am so happy you reviewed our hotel! I feel so lucky that I got to know your family during your visit here and I miss you all already! It is always so fun to get a family here that plays games in the lobby and hangs our by the fire and I truly enjoyed you all! I can't wait to see you guys again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we checked in we felt welcome. Traveling with 3 kids instead of the average 2 can sometimes be a challenge. We always try to get something like a suite so someone doesn't have to sleep on the floor. Although they did not have a suite available they we able to accommodate us with a rollaway and the room was actually big enough for it to fit. The beds in general we extremely comfortable and everyone got a great nights rest.
My only improvement would be the bathroom. The wall above the shower was molded and that made the shower curtain rod sag which meant the curtain did not stay closed.
Breakfast on the other hand was brilliant! The lady preparing it could not have been nicer. The food was fresh, hot and tasted amazing. Even my husband got his fill.
Overall amazing hotel and would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you so much for your review, you have no idea how helpful these are to our success! I have to apologize for the shower incident, that is something no hotel likes to hear:( I will have our Head of Housekeeping check the rooms and we will fix it ASAP. Thank you for letting us know, we rely very heavily on guest feedback because sometimes we miss things and for that I am sorry. I am however so glad you got a comfy nights sleep on our amazing beds and had a wonderful breakfast as well. I am proud to say that we have such a great staff that devote much of their time to making memorable experiences and it sounds like they hit the nail on the head with this one! Happy New Year and hope to see you again.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

AmericInn of McAlester is my number 1 choice for any hotel! The entire staff greets you promptly, friendly, and have even learned my name! The cookies at check in are awesome, and the free DVD rental is great too. Always accommodating and make it an awesome experience. I love the jacuzzi tubs and the comfy beds too. Breakfast is great and I am on the go early. Definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
McAlesterGM, Director of Sales at AmericInn Lodge & Suites McAlester, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you so much for all of the kind things you had to say about our hotel. I also see you have stayed multiple times and I would just like to let you know that your continued business with AmericInn in McAlester means the world to us! Happy New Year!
spring, texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Now this was a very interesting hotel, decorated uniquely in Americana style complete with games, books, and coffee in the lobby for a great group hang out if traveling with others (including children). Our room had a nice king bed with a recliner and foot massager. Breakfast was one of the best I've had on the road with "grandma" cooking it fresh every morning to keep the buffet stocked and hot. Eggs, sausage, biscuits, and gravy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Lacie S, Director of Sales at AmericInn Lodge & Suites McAlester, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you so so much for your review! I am so glad you commented on our decor and I have to tell you we recently did some re-decorating and are still in process! It is great to see the changes around here, hopefully you can come back a little closer to Christmas when we have the place all lit up:) I am so glad to have you as a guest and I can't wait for your return. Thanks again, your review means the world.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Me people that work there Make you feel at home. I travel for work and alway looking for a great place to stay and I've found it just wish thay had more places in more towns if I can find one where I'm at I'll most defenitly stay there in all the years 15 traveling I've never been treated as well as here so don't make a mistake when in mcalester stay here you be glad you did

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
During the time you have stayed here with us, I can honestly say you provide 24/7 comedic entertainment! You are a joyful guest and the entire staff will miss you when you go. Thanks so much for your review, it means the world.

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites McAlester? Share your experiences!