“They know how to do it right.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Rate
$73 (USD)
Ranked #5 of 18 hotels in McAlester
“They know how to do it right.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we checked in we felt welcome. Traveling with 3 kids instead of the average 2 can sometimes be a challenge. We always try to get something like a suite so someone doesn't have to sleep on the floor. Although they did not have a suite available they we able to accommodate us with a rollaway and the room was actually big enough for it to fit. The beds in general we extremely comfortable and everyone got a great nights rest.
My only improvement would be the bathroom. The wall above the shower was molded and that made the shower curtain rod sag which meant the curtain did not stay closed.
Breakfast on the other hand was brilliant! The lady preparing it could not have been nicer. The food was fresh, hot and tasted amazing. Even my husband got his fill.
Overall amazing hotel and would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed December 2012
McAlesterGM, Director of Sales at AmericInn Lodge & Suites McAlester, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your review, you have no idea how helpful these are to our success! I have to apologize for the shower incident, that is something no hotel likes to hear:( I will have our Head of Housekeeping check the rooms and we will fix it ASAP. Thank you for letting us know, we rely very heavily on guest feedback because sometimes we miss things and for that I am sorry. I am however so glad you got a comfy nights sleep on our amazing beds and had a wonderful breakfast as well. I am proud to say that we have such a great staff that devote much of their time to making memorable experiences and it sounds like they hit the nail on the head with this one! Happy New Year and hope to see you again.

171 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

AmericInn of McAlester is my number 1 choice for any hotel! The entire staff greets you promptly, friendly, and have even learned my name! The cookies at check in are awesome, and the free DVD rental is great too. Always accommodating and make it an awesome experience. I love the jacuzzi tubs and the comfy beds too. Breakfast is great and I am on the go early. Definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
McAlesterGM, Director of Sales at AmericInn Lodge & Suites McAlester, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you so much for all of the kind things you had to say about our hotel. I also see you have stayed multiple times and I would just like to let you know that your continued business with AmericInn in McAlester means the world to us! Happy New Year!
spring, texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Now this was a very interesting hotel, decorated uniquely in Americana style complete with games, books, and coffee in the lobby for a great group hang out if traveling with others (including children). Our room had a nice king bed with a recliner and foot massager. Breakfast was one of the best I've had on the road with "grandma" cooking it fresh every morning to keep the buffet stocked and hot. Eggs, sausage, biscuits, and gravy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Lacie S, Director of Sales at AmericInn Lodge & Suites McAlester, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you so so much for your review! I am so glad you commented on our decor and I have to tell you we recently did some re-decorating and are still in process! It is great to see the changes around here, hopefully you can come back a little closer to Christmas when we have the place all lit up:) I am so glad to have you as a guest and I can't wait for your return. Thanks again, your review means the world.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Me people that work there Make you feel at home. I travel for work and alway looking for a great place to stay and I've found it just wish thay had more places in more towns if I can find one where I'm at I'll most defenitly stay there in all the years 15 traveling I've never been treated as well as here so don't make a mistake when in mcalester stay here you be glad you did

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
During the time you have stayed here with us, I can honestly say you provide 24/7 comedic entertainment! You are a joyful guest and the entire staff will miss you when you go. Thanks so much for your review, it means the world.
Kingfisher, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Hotel staff very friendly and caring. Rooms are quiet and clean and beds comfortable. Breakfast are very good and conveniant. Pool is clean and warm. This is my fifth stay and I have been impressed every time with room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! It is always nice to know that we made a good impression. I thank you for your review and I look forward to future visits!
Norman, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed over at AmericInn during the Robber's Cave Festival. We were a tad early but the lady at the front desk had our suite ready within 30 minutes of arrival and it was so nice and clean. Great suite, very comfortable bed and all.

Breakfast was fabulous. Those ladies who prepare Sunday breakfast should be appaulled, it was hot and plenty to eat. Very good to start the day.

Would recommend this hotel to anyone and we will be back next year during the festival.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lacie S, Director of Sales at AmericInn Lodge & Suites McAlester, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
First I would like to say "Thank you" for staying at McAlester's #1 hotel! Second, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and we met and exceeded your expectations! I love the time of year when the Fall Festival rolls around, not only is it gorgeous but the hotel is so lively and It makes life great! Thanks again for your business and we hope to see you next year!
Edmond, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

In the less than two years I have had the pleasure of staying 50+ nights at the AmericInn in McAlester. Usually I stay at a holiday inn or hampton when I am on business but thankfully I was told about this property and gave it a shot!The rooms are fantastic and the entire hotel has a personalized touch that greets you at the door. The staff here is by far the best in McAlester, they care about their hotel and that is a direct correlation to how well they treat their guests. You will not be disappointed when you stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I am so glad to hear that you love our hotel! I thank you so much for writing this review, it means the world to our staff. I also would like you to know that you make me love what I do. Not many people can say that but here at AmericInn we can, we are so blessed! I consider it an extreme honor to have had the opportunity to have you stay here.

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites McAlester? Share your experiences!