“A picture is worth a thousand words” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 69 Restaurants in McAlester
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
“A picture is worth a thousand words”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

More of a bar atmosphere than Restaurant. To start the drinks are served in mason jars which is OK but then we move on to the salad. Looks like it was made yesterday morning and set into a frig and brought out as needed thru the next few days. As for the catfish it was not bad but could have used a little more flavor in the batter. My side of ranch style beans was alright had good flavor but a touch dry maybe if they brought out in a separate bowl and added bean juice it would have been better. The Texas toast was OK and the server was polite.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Toll Nation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I must be getting farther off the beaten path with the restaurants I'm reviewing, because TripAdvisor needs to look them up! This place in McAlester OK features a Supercut for $17.95 and half-Supercut for $8.95.

This is beef country, folks. The supercut is a 30 oz. steak. It's half-cousin is 15 oz. Plus two sides and I chose sauteed mushrooms and fries, ate half the steak and put it on dry and regular ice in the car and served it up Monday evening for my husband, perfectly cooked to his taste.

I don't know how our server knew about toll issues nearby but on her advice I called the local toll authorities because I got caught in the box with one dollar bill, three quarters and was told at the last second that bills weren't allowed. I stuffed it down there anyway as there was a car behind us, and left with red lights flashing only to stay in the parking lot for five minutes for someone to come out and yell at me.

No-one did because it was a vacation day so now I'm making sure that the receipt I received while leaving OK is OK with the Indian Nation. I have to wait months for a summons or call in a couple of weeks to see if a warrant was issued. We're middle-aged and don't skip tolls.

Thanks for feeding us good, tasty food, getting us out of there quickly so we could make time on the road, and for letting me share your location and good food with others. Please add a photo via TripAdvisor! Thanks.

• Visited November 2012