“Great classic diner!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great classic diner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

This was pretty much exactly what you would want in a diner experience. The food was all very good. Three of us had burgers which were great. The other person had the steak fingers. They were hand breaded and cooked to order, not strait out of a bag. We were all very happy with our food. The service was great. Very quick, helpful. Loved our trip. Will definitely be back next time we're in McAlester.

Visited January 2014

Springfield, Missouri
“Great theme diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Love the atmosphere! The service was good. The food was good and what you would expect of a diner. We waited longer than usual for our food, and our kids got theirs 10 minutes before my wife and I. That said, it was worth the stop.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Norman, Oklahoma
“LOOONG WAIT FOR FOOD!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Nice atmosphere and ambiance. BUT, we waited 1 hour and 10 minutes for our food to arrive. Waitress finally came by and said a plate had been dropped. We were so peeved it was hard to enjoy the food. DON'T eat here if you don't intend to spend about 2 hrs for lunch!!

Fayetteville, Arkansas
“fun 50's themed restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

50's themed restaurant decked out both indoors and outdoors. 50's memorabilia and music. Really great staff. I noticed that they were very polite to each other, saying "please, thank you, and excuse me" often. Chipper servers.

My husband, daughter, and I ate here around noon on Sunday. The restaurant was filled. Seating and drink orders were prompt. Order taking and appetizer delivery times were acceptable. A kids meal and 2 adult entrees took about 20 mins to be delivered.

Mushroom with ranch dressing appetizer was generous and very good.
Chicken sandwich kids meal was thumbs up. Really cool presentation (see pic)
Chicken fried steak entree was thumbs up
#5 Cuban twist burger entree was "meh." I usually order a classic cheese burger or BLT burger when I order a burger, but this time I went with something different. The ingredient list on the menu looked interesting, but when my burger came I wasn't impressed at all with the flavor combinations. Wouldn't order this burger again. The burger was very large though - I took half to-go.

For 3 waters, a mushroom appetizer, kids meal, and 2 adult entrees our tab came to $29.

I recommend trying this restaurant at least once if you are in the area.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sparks, OK
“Scrumptious Scrambled Eggs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Same 50's theme as Happy Days Hotel (adjacent). The food was abundant and reasonable. The establishment was clean and the service excellent. Without a doubt, the best tasting scrambled eggs I have ever eaten. We go to the Fall Classic in Wilberton and stay at the Happy Days Hotel. This is the first time we have eaten at Angel's but it will not be the last.

• Visited October 2013