“Quality and value is going down over time” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican, American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
McAlester, Oklahoma
“Quality and value is going down over time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I've been here maybe 9 times since they opened. The quality started out good, and has been dropping ever since. My usual complaints are that the food is dry/overcooked and/or way too salty. Service ranges from abysmal to good. The dining area is not filthy, but not clean, either.

I went a few months ago and got an inedible Buffalo chicken sandwich lunch for about $9, and vowed never to return.

BUT...this time we had a gift card to use, plus a coupon for a free appetizer. The food this time was okay, but nothing to write home about. The service was not great: long waits and much confusion on the server's part about our order and check. I would return if we had another gift card and coupon, but otherwise would save my money for somewhere else.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Killeen, Texas
“Service and Food Left a Lot to be Desired”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We were there during a very slow time and didn't have very good service. The waitress completely forgot to bring me my food! The rest of my family got theirs but not me! She asked me what I ordered, told her and she brought me out a salad in a small bowl that had seen better days! The lettuce was rusted and wilted; not very appetizing! My oldest son ordered the combination fajita and they forgot to bring the steak with it. When he finally received it; there were five 1" pieces of beef that were over cooked and quite unattractive!
The manager tried to make things right by not charging me for the food I never received but it was too little too late.
If you go to McAlester, OK, stay away from the Chili's!

Visited September 2012
Magnolia, Texas
“good food - late!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Walking distance to hotel was a plus. The service was very good and we were happy to have something to eat at 10pm!

Visited July 2012
talihina
“Consistent with Chili's around the country”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Restaurant is small and always full and a wait to be seated, food is always tasted good.
Seems like a new server every time I go, big turnover. Good variety on menu.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
McAlester, Oklahoma
“Giving Chili's everywhere a bad name”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

First of all, It was the only place in town after 9pm that was open besides McDonalds. We were seated at a booth, given sticky menus, we wiped up food from seat and then saw chunks of tomato(?) behind the condiments. Looking around, it didn't look that much better at any other tables so we took a moistened napkin and wiped table off ourselves. Chairs at tables were sitting all askew, like no one had straightened them. Very unlike other Chili's we have visited. Our drink and appetizer order was taken quickly but didn't arrive til some time later due to a dispute patron/waitress/management were having. Lets just say the chill was off the beers when they arrived and when she finally brought the chips they had been possibly sprayed with oil and reheated. They were not edible and we asked for fresh chips but they were only slightly better. We didn't eat those either. Our entrees were Okay, nothing special. If you think you are going to a Chili's with great management and service, you aren't. Not your typical Chili's.

• Visited June 2012