“Warm staff, spacious room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   731 S. George Nigh Expwy, McAlester, OK 74501 (Formerly Midway Lodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in McAlester
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Warm staff, spacious room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

It was right on our route. The bath area was tiny but the room itself was spacious. Good breakfast. Internet access seemed a mite slow. Only real downside was the room's heat pump/air conditioner. The fan ran continuously, so all night it was blasting either hot air or cool air. The unit needs a deflector to force that air upwards so you're not laying right in its path.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jennifer P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Howard,

We very much appreciate and value your feedback. I will share your comments with our team. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Econo Lodge, McAlester Ok.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here on my way to visit family in Dallas,Tx. The hotel staff is
wonderful. Very friendly and helpful and eager to please. Our king­size non­smoking room was
clean and very comfortable. It was great to have the mini­refrigerator, microwave and coffee
maker in the room. We are not TV people, but the TV was adequate enough to watch the
basketball game. The hotel was very quiet. The continental plus breakfast was very good and you could make your own waffle. The wi­fi was fast in the room. I would stay here again next.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Kerry,

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you very much for giving us positive feedback for the accommodation we provided during your stay. Please know that your comments inspire us even more to stay focus in our goal to offer comfortable stay and great experience every time you visit us.

Creston, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

CLEAN updated room. Friendly service. Close to everything. Very impressed! And what a great price!!! With breakfast! Can't beat it. Just passing through but nice to be able to relax! Can't express enough what a deal it is.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Patricia,

Thank you very much for your appreciation of our effort to offer you comfortable accommodation and best value services at Econo Lodge in Mcalester OK. Please know that your positive feedback brings us inspiration to stay committed in our goal to provide you and all of our guests great experience every time you stay with us.
We value your business!

Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I only paid 40 dollars for this through priceline, but it was just fine for a couple of nights. Jennifer, at the front desk, was very friendly and efficient. The hotel is old, but everything was in good shape. The a/c worked fine, but the internet wasn't always well connected. That might have been a problem with my computer though because my friend's ipad didn't have problems. I don't like outside doors, but McAlester seems like a safe place. There's a Walmart and lots of eating places just down the road from the hotel. It was very clean and the bed was comfortable. There's a waffle maker and biscuits and gravy and a wide array of cereal and pastries for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

We are very pleased to have serviced your lodging needs in our hotel. Thank you for finding our hotel of best value. We assure you that we will maintain the accommodation you enjoyed during your stay in Econo Lodge.

Your satisfaction completes our business. We truly appreciate your choice to stay in our hotel. We look forward to your next visit soon.

Cottage Grove, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I will start out that I had stayed a few other econo lodges in the past with bad results.
So I cringed when I made the reservation for this property, but the aarp rate was $44.10 for the night for us.
Raj the front desk manager is a very helpfull and nice guy. It turned out when I made my reservation somehow it had reserved two rooms for me . My fault for not checking it out after I printed it. He was very nice about leeting me know about my double booking and deleting the extra room for me.
The room was on first floor with exterior coridors so look out you don't let any crawling or flying critters in.
The walls were painted nice colors and the room had a microwave and refrigerator also.
And yes I walked the red stripped carpet and my white socks did not turn black. I always get a kick out of hotel reviews when people rant their white socks got black walking on the room carpets. For an economy hotel they had a very nice breakfast. Make your own waffles, biscuts and gravy, muffins and tastey danish. Would stay there again if in the area. Thanks again to Raj for the good service.

Room Tip: All rooms face hwy 69 so bring ear plugs like I did and you won't hear a thing.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Econo Lodge, McAlester OK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are traveling for 5 weeks through the US. Most of the time we stay in a hotel from the Choice group.
Since we had a very good stay at an Econo lodge in Grenada we thought we could book again an Econo Lodge.
However this was the worst hotel we ever stayed over the past years. The most important issue we have is that we found, before we went to bed, dead cockroaches in the corner of room. The next morning, coming out of the bathroom I stepped almost on a living one. Disgusting. When we checked out we reported this to the gentleman at the reception. He seemed not impressed and didn't apologized or anything else.
Furthermore the hotel looks also from the outside very shabby. This hotel should not belong to the Choice Group at all.
Frederike
The Netherlands

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Frederike,

Jeniffer Patel
Econo Lodge, McAlester OK
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

We stayed for 1 night at this hotel. It was clean. It was worth the low rate of $55 we
paid for it. Check the alarm clock, ours went off at 5:15

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Econo Lodge, McAlester Ok.

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!