“A Nice Respite” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 18 hotels in McAlester
Omaha, Nebraska
“A Nice Respite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

We had to revamp our planned trip to Houston to visit our daughter and son-in-law. The tragic tornado in Moore meant we needed to avoid our usual route from Omaha, through Oklahoma City, to Houston (and a pause here for a prayer to all the folks down there--so much devastation and loss). Anyway, we might never have otherwise gone this way. This hotel is a gem. The facilities are tip top and clean. Everything (and I mean everything) is well maintained. Great TV choices, excellent water pressure in the showers, reasonable prices for vending items--the management here is on top of it. A good location, right on route 69, amid a bevy of restaurants, stores and services. The staff is friendly and helpful (great restaurant recommendations). If we ever pass this way again, the Hampton will be our home.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I found this room quiet, I did not notice a lot of road noise. Other than some dead bugs that had crawled in from outside the fitness center was nice. Breakfast was good. I would recommend this for others. The darkening blind is behind the sheer so don't be upset that the colorful main curtain won't pull closed. My brother had to explain to me where it was, I just missed the blind in the back. I was in town for a funeral and my husband did not attend and told me to stay where I would feel safe, I think I made a good decision.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

mcalester, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The lobby was warm and inviting and had tea and coffee available all the time. At the end of the day there were cookies and refreshing lemonade available. My room was plesantly decorated and clean. The staff went out of their way to make sure that we were comfortable. The sauna, pool and workout room were perfect too. I spent the week there and I felf like I was at home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Austin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We arrived late and the night time front desk person was very personable and got us off to our room as quickly as possible. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. I have always enjoyed staying at Hampton Inn

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Greenville, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I had never visited McAlester, so I didn't know what to expect. I was very happy with the Hampton Inn there. It is conveniently located near dozens of restaurants, gas stations and shopping. The bed was -- as always in a Hampton Inn -- extremely comfortable. Staff was courteous. The breakfast was better than at most hotels in this price range.

Room Tip: You may wish to avoid a room on the front of the hotel. The lights burn brightly all night and espe...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed one night in March of 2013 and found the hotel to be one of the best Hampton's we have visited. It was clean, quiet, cozy and comfortable. It had the feel of a new Hampton, I am not certain how long it has been there. The breakfast was above average for a Hampton and was a good send off for us for the remainder of the drive. I will definitely stay here if my travels take me in this direction again. An excellent overnight stay.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor away from the elevator and the street. Very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Owasso, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have stayed at two other motels in McAlester, from now on I just book the Hampton Inn. I am on the road in Oklahoma quite often, my legal practice takes me all across the state assisting in the acquisition of right of way for powerlines and pipelines. I have always found Hampton Inns to be well run and plesant surroundings.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites McAlester? Share your experiences!